How will EVE Possibly Compete with Amazing Star Citizen?

Because SC is better in early acces in 41 millenium than any other game fully developed and released. :joy:

But this experience is not really so different. I would consider it expansion of experience offered by SC. Of course not in current state, as you noticed, few years minimum, but EVE will have to give something anyway. Because people in EVE always were getting something and SC will get something too. And the communities overlap even today, to a degree.

I canā€™t speak for SC, never tried it. Eve is not about ā€œpiloting an internet spaceship in a sandbox virtual universeā€. Itā€™s about a whole host of things, some of which are achieved by ā€œpiloting an internet spaceship in a sandbox virtual universeā€, but the ā€˜pilotingā€™ itself is far from being the be-all and end-all of Eve.

Its not the same type of game. Also SC release is ways away, plus it will run into alot of problems that will be hard to solve in an elegant way.
I dont see why there would be a significant migration.

Also if you have tryed SC Combat, piloting in first person fully manual sounds greatā€¦ bit its mostly jousting and getting rammed. I think it sucks, and in not sure you can fix it in a good way.

Its free Star Citizen week, Fly for free! \o/ Watch new Hurston planet with city! \o/ Do missions and fight in space and on planet! \o/
https://support.robertsspaceindustries.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012238394

Woaah. Just, woaah.

The money quote (bolds are mine):

Through the end of 2017, CIG had collected $175.5 million from backers. Including the $11.2 from subscriptions, players provided $186.7 million to CIG. In the same amount of time, CIG spent $193.3 million. Thatā€™s right, at the end of 2017, CIG had spent $6.6 million more than it raised from the fan base. The $15 million CIG had in the bank at the end of 2017 came from the ā€œOther incomeā€ category:
(ā€¦)

Right now, after the money injection, CIG hopes hinge on get 37-40 million $ a year until they finish Squadorn 42 by Q1 2021 (optimistically) and then selling at least 15 million copies of it to keep SC development funded until it can be released (very optimistically) by 2023-24. Which itā€™s 10 whole years after the initial funding campaign.

What are the chances? Houmā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been playing Star Citizen 2016 on and off to checking it out it is getting better and eventually Eve is going to have run for their money if they donā€™t integrate a different way of mining
a different way of controlling your ship I do agree that graphics and visuals and Star Citizen are ten times better

I would love to see Eve go somewhere like that but I donā€™t think they want you because they removed the Captain Quarters and that pretty much shot them in the ass weā€™re doing anything when it comes to walking in stations like Star Citizen I think they could have a whole economy around stations and living there in apartments and everything like a virtual world example being second life

As for Star Citizen when the graphics catch up pretty much itā€™s going to be a hell of a pretty game right now itā€™s struggling because the computer just canā€™t run it I have a gaming hardware and I struggle running it because you need a full SSD system I donā€™t got it yet

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.