How will EVE Possibly Compete with Amazing Star Citizen?

by 2030 I expect either to be dead or upgrading my potato to 1.1 potato, so maybe I can run those nifty websites that have full page videos on the background, so, no SC for me

I remember. I played the hell out of Witcher 3. Was playing it for about 5-6 months after it came out with the free DLCs, then down the line I bought all the paid expansions and played it another year or so. So much content there.

And if you remember, while the game was initially downgraded, it still looked awesome and played even awesomer. Then it got upgraded back up again shortly after (was it like 3-4 months ? donā€™t remember exactly) with some additional items with one of the patches and free DLCs. So what you mention I think just didnā€™t make the launch date, maybe they didnā€™t make it in time optimization wise or something on the ultra high textures.

No matter how you slice and dice it, the game has absolutely great gameplay, super content a lot of which if not most is adult oriented, and I donā€™t mean sex oriented, just adult oriented in general such as some of the moral decisions, their outcomes, etc. I had to play through it minimum 3 times the main game then the expansions just to get all the different quest paths, dialogues, endings.

And this is looking even better then all that, and its bigger with even more content. And your characters cyber implants vs loss of humanity just for starters ā€¦

Iā€™ll be glued to it for a long time. It is also highly likely that when it comes out I wonā€™t have a rig good enough to run it on ultra anyways, depending on development time, launch date and my rig upgrade cycle, so a few textures that are not in ultra instead of just high are not going to dissuade me in the slightest.

3 Likes

What a time to be alive: SpaceX is now planning to do a commercial flight around the moon: https://www.space.com/41822-spacex-bfr-rocket-moon-passenger-flight.html.

At this pace mankind will be setting foot on Mars before Star Citizen is released.

2 Likes

3.3 has now respawned into 3.3.5, and Object Container Streaming has been delayed.
Star Citizen Spaceships will be antiquated compared to RL spaceships when Star Citizen is released in around a Century

Yea I saw, still havenā€™t backed it, was thinking about it but nah.

1 Like

Star Citizen promises much more content and Eve has a lot more stuff, content and tradition in it.
It will be very interesting in the end to see how this competition will end.
Particular attention should be paid to changing the format that is on the horizon. ie the growth of mobile gaming popularity that will certainly affect all markets and companies.

Why are you necroing all these old threads?

Iā€™m guessing it is a childish reaction to having his other account, @Predvodnica_LSG, banned for trolling. Pouting is in his nature after all.

Iā€™m guessing if he keeps spamming threads at this rate, it wonā€™t be long before this account is also banned.

My voice is light in the dark.
My voice is refreshing to the tired soul
My voice brings peace and serenity.
My voice brings my thoughts and feelings. I want to divide myself and your knowledge as good news with all the blissful souls of the 4 great empires. The confused souls may wonder why I answer them and why not?

One soul has been asking the way the space citizen or the way of Eve is right one, and I wonder if they are opponents one against the other or they are one with each other.

Because of the purity of the four empires, each of us has to find an answer.
I speak loudly, letā€™s go together the citizen and Eve one by one in harmony.

Oh well that is good news :slight_smile:

I was about to reply and say it wont have to,

but then read OPā€™s actual post.

Well done.

It is not too late, they can still jump on the mobile games bandwagon with CCP and Blizzard.

EVE themed mobile CCG MMO when!? :neutral_face:

Manual ship control is important yes but eve is in no way a flight simulator. Theyā€™re space SHIPs not space fighters.

LOL You make it look like there is skill in E:D for pilotingā€¦ does it follow Newtonian physics?

And DCS, flying a Flanker isnā€™t exactly hard.

Fact is piloting is a lot more than just being ā– ā– ā– ā–  hot with a joystick. But you can pilot with a mouse and keyboard like the players in EVEā€¦ or you can pilot with a steering wheel and a throttle like those who are river boat pilots.

There are few games that actually involve real piloting.

Real piloting is autopiloting. :wink:

I think people miss the big lettering on CIG webpage about SC.

YOUR FIRST-PERSON UNIVERSE

Its all about first person universe, thats a catch. EVE is all about being a spaceship and that is what people can like too. I am not kink-shaming.

More like space submarines and submersible aircraft carriers ā€¦ You donā€™t have to go to the extremes of one end or the other, there is a happy middle, or at least happy for most people.

Therefore EVE doesnā€™t have to compete, because each game provides a different type of experience. We can and should have both! At its most recent convention, Chris Roberts discussed the tech goals he saw as requirements to declare SC in a ā€œReleasedā€ state - and it seemed to me it may take another two years to get there.

Anyone can look at their roadmap and find what seem to be really important features planned for Q2 2019, and thatā€™s probably optimistic.

In the grim, dark future of the 41st millennium, there is ONLY StarCitizen Early Accessā€¦ still. :slight_smile:

1 Like