Howling Interdictors Update - Now Live on Singularity for Testing

What will the new role bonuses be for the combat interceptors?

Overheat prop mod, get +100% of regular bonus. So double the normal overheat bonus.

Perfect timing, interdicitors 5 just completed…

Endorsed.

11 Likes

that eris plate mass thing sounds bad. armour rigs cause half the slowness of slow armour fits. the heretic will still be way better. and even if you’re in an armour gang you will still probably prefer the classic low iq shield buffer cloak alt dictors everyone already uses, since they regenerate hp with no effort investment and you guys aren’t doing anything to fix bubbling followed immediately by cloaking or jumping, so these ships never need to really be committed unless suicide bubbling, so why bother

1 Like

“role bonuses added to the Claw, Crusader, Taranis, and Raptor, including a 100% bonus to the benefits of overheating Afterburners and Microwarpdrives.”

That reads to me like there will be more than just the overheat bonus

DISPATCH THE WOMBLERS!

2 Likes

I think this might just be slightly confusing language. I’ll double check and see if we can clarify it a bit, but to my knowledge it’s only the one change.

2 Likes

It’ll be kinda funny when the attacker forgets to change his launcher charge and accidently wubbles the ratting carrier

1 Like

well at least they didn’t do anything to the sabre, so i’m happy.

Love the changes, nice to see some other interdictors than Sabres for a change! And the combat ceptor buff looks good too, seems they’ll have their own niche again!

Now let me see if I can fit up a nice Eris…

1 Like

“Webble” is better… less confusion when FC’s don’t click their PTT key fast enough.

4 Likes

I love it !

My most favorite ship type is interdictor.
I always do tackler in null fleet with interdictor.
I use all interdictor with full skill.

[Before Buff opinion]
Sabre is now best interdictor. good mobility, slot number, good DPS if you want.
Fleet, small gang, solo
Useful in all situation .

Flycatcher is good shield tank and good CPU.
It can fit combat probe.
Warp speed rig also good choince because already good tank.
2nd good interdictor.

Heretic is bad interdictor.
But if you want to remote repair from armor fleet, only good choice.
Very slow speed, always interdictor is high primary target so always remote repair does not work in fleet.

Eris is worst interdictor.
Only 2 mid slot.
No tank bonus
I tried shield tank warp speed rig and full low slot warp speed mod.
or DPS fit in “Low-sec”
I think Eris is all situation useless worst interdictor.

[After Buff opinion]
Sabre is no buff is ok.
Already best interdictor now.

Flycatcher get more tank buff.
This is good change as fleet support ship.

Heretic get more Armor HP.
Still a little weak but this change make the ship possible use small armor fleet.

Eris get more speed buff. reduced mass penalty is bad buff,
Armor fit is “tank fit” ,not for speed fit when use plate.
I strongly think this buff is doesn’t work.

Flycather and Heretic is “Tank ship concept”
sabre is speed tank ship concept.
So as a pair of ships Eris “Skirmish ship”
But speed tank with armor plate is bad fit choice.
So i think Eris should get “Warp speed bonus” for skirmish concept ship like Proteus subsystem.

How about Eris bonus change “reduced mass penalty” to “warp speed”?
If Eris get extra warp speed, it possible can use in roam fleet.
I think if do “reduced mass penalty” buff, Eris is still worst useless Interdictor.

4 Likes

How long is the “short delay” of the wubble?

btw: if it’s more like a burst, wouldn’t it be then a wurst?

3 Likes

Eris is still the worst dictor and not competetive. Needs at least another mid slot.

2 Likes

Very nice to see dictor balancing!

I was first hugely disappointed with the Eris buffs, but after some napkin pyfa, it looks like Eris could be fit like a standard fleet Sabre- with only slightly less tank and slower align, but with much slower top speed and way less range for damage. So only normally disappointed.

As the tank is also in armor and hull, I still don’t really see a reason to choose Eris over a Sabre. Sadface.

1 Like

Yes Eris 2 mid slot is still fatal bad point, if change number slot very big buff.
But I think “reduced mass penalty” is more completely dose not work…

1 Like

Is this team Talos? We miss the signature +1 HP to Talos structure!

1 Like

Sisi is also getting a mirror today, which is why it was taken offline. Should be back up now.

New Singularity mirror 2020-10-21

1 Like