HS moon mining thieves

And thank you as well- I always appreciate the (all too rare) moments on the forums where people can express differing view points in a constructive and open way. I understand your perspective, and I appreciate you listening to mine.

o7

2 Likes

the IRO ceo is German I believe. Very nice lady. I started playing this game on 10/23/18. I do not have any interest in any other Corp besides my own. I shouldnā€™t have to defend that. The fact that the game auto populates a name upon request is also not up for debate nor is it of any other consequence. Further, I left IRO before any war dec with anyone because you cannot move structures under war dec.

Please keep this thread on topic :wink:

1 Like

Letā€™s just keep the ā€˜New Broā€™ sad stories out of it then, when we all know itā€™s not the case.

1 Like

New bro yes.

Sad story no

Youā€™re the only one who wants to discredit my points using personal attacks and misdirection.

I see who you are

1 Like

I havenā€™t personally attacked you, though I do see you deleted the post about you calling me an a**hole.

Liar and a hypocrite.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the problem many of us have been pointing out to you, it is NOT YOUR ore. You can spend billions of isk on stations, fuel, and miners and the none of the ore anywhere in Eve will ever be yours. Besides that witch your already have in your hold. Still that can be taken from you before you sell it if another player sees fit to gank you.

2 Likes

agree to disagree Quor.

For the reasons Iā€™ve already articulated

Donā€™t have a problem if Iā€™m ganked and the hold is stolen. Itā€™s a PvP game and Iā€™m fair game in my trusty procurer. Iā€™ll get a kill rightā€¦ concord gets a killā€¦ thereā€™s a risk/reward calculus that goes into a gank.

It breaks down on the athanor spawning an asteroid field.

1 Like

But why not just bump them? Bumping can be very effective, as is made very clear here: http://www.minerbumping.com/2017/08/code-ready-gelhan-part-10.html?m=1

You donā€™t even need a 500 million machariel to do the job. A 500 mn stabber costs around 30 mil and can make an orca go almost 2k/s. If you dedicate one or two pilots to bumping while the rest of your guys mine (after purchasing permits), you can show the bad moon thieves who the boss is.

OMG look! A possible solution that does not cry to our Icelandic overlords to solve our problems for us. Revolutionary.

6 Likes

I think this issue needs some change from CCP. Stealing gives you a suspect flag in highsec and this guy is stealing someone elses stuff but no suspect flag will be forthcoming under the current rules.

Some have basically said that, ā€˜you need to protect your assets yourself through forceā€™, the problem here is that, the word REASONABLE should be applied to both sides of the equation (at least in this scenario) and under current rules the defender is shouldering a huge burden of effort, while the aggressor is shouldering virtually none.

This is similar to the ceptor menacing of alliances when entosing was first introduced. There was no reasonable counter to this and CCP changed it. I believe that CCP will change this mechanic as well as more of this behavior begins to run unchecked across highsec space.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think that the current mechanics should be changed. If station owners could control who could or couldnā€™t mine moon fields, then I believe small corps wouldnā€™t have a chance to keep a decent high sec moon. I think if that happens then if the little guys want to mine they would have to pay Mittens or Gobbins or some other large nullsec entity. Several of those groups have the manpower and resources to hold multiple systems of moons. Rental space is a thing in null. If you could control mining rights then high sec would be just another passive income for the null blobs. No thanksā€¦ Get some guys together and go gank a couple of those orcas.

3 Likes

fleets of less than 20 easily kill the orcas esp if they are untanked. its a matter of getting people to want to do the job

2 Likes

Or having enough accounts :wink:

2 Likes

See this is easily one of the first meaningfuly constructive arguments that Iā€™ve seen. I agree completely - keep the Nullsec out of the high sec mining game. It would be entertaining to see the fights happen in lowsec, personally. I could foresee some high sec groups wanting to expand to get higher quality moongoo, perform reactions, etc.

Basically guys since I first asked the question thereā€™s been quite a few good responses that center on:

1- bump them off
2-suicide gank them (or pay a merc to do it)
3-mine it all first

And I agree with all of that. And until now, I didnā€™t foresee that should these fields become owned by a null entity it would lock a small Corp out of them for ransom. Which is definitely a much much worse off situation.

Iā€™m already working on recruiting and am joining a strong alliance in the region. I have bumper ships and fits now too, thank you. And have some cheap catalysts to suicide gank some drones if it comes to that.

Come join the fun if youā€™re so inclined!

2 Likes

Thanks for your responses and i respect and understand your reasoning.

I still believe the change requested is the better option of the two.

2 Likes

Your analogy is a poor one. In lowsec, wh and nullsec you can and most likely would attack a fleet of orcas as there are no police coming to punish you for doing so.

I could only laugh at a fleet of orcas trying to mine in Delve or for that matter even making to Delve in one piece. The goons would definitely hot drop those orcas with titans and lose no titans to any police force in doing so, this is where your analogy fails.

1 Like

So you want to be able to access list people to mine your ore field while making it so if they arenā€™t on your ā€œlistā€ they get flagged suspect for mining. Meanwhile being on your magic list makes it so they cant be wardecced for the mining activity but can still mine the ore.

This is called having your cake and eating it too.

This will never happen in EvE. Feel free to complain endlessly after a few years you will realize you are talking to a wall.

2 Likes

I completely understand your problem.

The bigger problem is you expect some kind of ā€œsafetyā€ in High sec. Or some kind of assurance that because you paid for the ore you will get to mine it all. That is not EvE.

Instead of being grateful you can mine at all without constant war dec spam without having to sit in a 15% tax npc corp, instead you come to complain the safety isnā€™t good enough and you want more.

Its unfortunate so many decide this path because you prove your opponents point that there will NEVER be a line to appease you and its best to stop all attempts to even try because you are going to never ending complain anyways.

3 Likes

I am having the same problem. CCP Needs to make stealing moon chunks suspect unless they have an office in our anathors and a tax rate is set. thats the only to fix this completely broken system right now.
Until then, we just gotta keep working together.

3 Likes

I have tryed negoatiations with them myself with little sucess. Ganking means I loose more isk then the thieves

3 Likes

I didnā€™t read it all but the selution is make a pleyer suspect if he mines other moons. ā€¦

2 Likes