HS moon mining thieves

Why not ?

People request some kind of protection for their ore. They pay the fuel, they risk the wardec, they require those costs provide them more advantages over the people who pay nothing but their orca and come sit in the belt they paid for with 5 orcas.

2 Likes

Because CCP has already said that it is not ā€œyourā€ ore, since you cannot own the asteroids.

CCP has already made a stance on this issue, so itā€™s hard to do any further discussion. At least when based on the premise, the ability to own (through game mechanics) asteroids.

One cannot enforce mining limitations to specific players, if the asteroid itself is free for all.

Should highsec, in general, be more dangerous for miners? Well, that is a completely different topic, but I donā€™t think this is what highsec miners actually want.

1 Like

A pair of good old Stabbers fitted for bumping, with the possibility of scooping a couple of lost augmented mining drones, could do the trick.

2 Likes

so never again talk about YOUR parents because you donā€™t own them.
Nor YOUR country, YOUR opinion.

So donā€™t discuss, we donā€™t force you. Especially since you donā€™t want to make the effort to understand other people (see above)

And thatā€™s the essence of some requests here. Nice only took you 160 posts to understand that. We got a genius here !

Definitely, you are 100% out of topic. People ask for their investment to be more rewarding.

2 Likes

Please enlighten me then, how you are supposed to get better rewards on your investment, if you cannot own the asteroids through game mechanics? You want to fight off miners that are not part of your corporation, but doing that without any mechanics that distribute ownership on an asteroid would require adding some general mechanic to fight off highsec miners with no concord intervention, i.e. making highsec mining less secure in general.

My point is, that a hypothetical discussion, that depends on CCPs stance does not really amount to anything. If you really want to discuss this issue, then you need to make it without the premise, that one can own an asteroid.

In the end, I know you donā€™t really want a constructive discussion. You just want to vent your frustration that you canā€™t get your cake and eat it too.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the discussion here. So while you prefer being obsessed about ā€œITā€™S NOT YOUR OREā€, you are just being completely out of topic.

Which nobody did. Only you are too dense to understand what YOUR means here.
Again, following your idea you should never talk about YOUR parents because you donā€™t own them. Good thing, I donā€™t care about your opinion on that particular thing, so I can keep talking with MY parents even if I donā€™t own them.
What about you follow your own absurd opinion and you shut up ? Because so far you just missed the point.

Dogs bark, but the caravan goes on.

2 Likes

And this is why I know you donā€™t want a constructive discussion, but just want CCP to implement whatever feature you deem appropriate.

CCP has made a statement that asteroids cannot be owned. You are unable to discuss from that point of view. You want me to agree with a hypothetical that relies on CCP to change their stance on the game mechanics. A change we donā€™t know if ever will happen. You donā€™t want a discussion, you want an echo chamber.

I was up for discussing moon mining rewards, but I prefer keeping the discussion within realistic bounds. Meaning, discussing the rewards within the boundaries CCP has already stated. Especially since my own opinion is that those boundaries are not unfair. But again, you donā€™t really want a real discussion to find a solution. You want CCP to implement whatever solution you yourself conjure up. You have no interest in an objective debat.

I suppose itā€™s time to give you the Balos treatment. Itā€™s the second time you just come swinging on from the left, with no real substance and being rather toxic. I honestly donā€™t see the point. It would just be a waste of time for us both to continue interacting with each other.

4 Likes

Where, exactly ? I just stated that you are completely out of the point by focusing on ownership of roids. And now you affirm ā€œyou want thisā€. You are wrong.

People made other proposal, like going suspect if you are not on the structureā€™s ACL. I did not make a single proposal about modification of the game mechanisms. Those things I want are in your head.

No you are not. You keep claiming that what already is must not be changed. This is not a discussion.

2 Likes

@Maekchu just ignore Anderson

Youā€™ll be happy you did at the end of today :wink:

3 Likes

Getting hot in here!

I have said before I like the way the current system works because it fits with Eve, always got to be risk, even in highsec.

As far as potential future changes that would maybe add some more risk for these so called thieves. Itā€™s possible the wardecing system could be adjusted again, but that may be a while as a new change was just done, and Iā€™m sure CCP would like more data on it before making any changes soon.

Another possible change is a Nerf to solo orca mining. Force people to use barges more and that would make for easier ganking targets.

Hard to guess or force any chance, so for now itā€™s working as intended. Lol

2 Likes

Quor whatā€™s the risk to the afk orcas? Thereā€™s none. Literally what OP was asking how to deal with. If you say bumping ill politely show myself out because thatā€™s just not the same and thereā€™s literally no risk to an afk orca mining a moon belt that they did not put forth any effort or risk to create. Someone else bears the cost to fuel, the risk of war dec, and the investment in the structure.

1 Like

Donā€™t forget they also assume the risk of the ore being mined before they can get to it. Maybe with all that risk they should be better at setting up havester cycle so they can mine it right away.

1 Like

Got it. Canā€™t come up with a good response to the risk of the orca pilot. Just want to regurgitate athanor mechanics. So tell me can the Corp holding the athanor only be war decced when a moon chunk is active? Or consumes fuel when?

1 Like

Legitimate question (I donā€™t know the answer): will attacking a shipā€™s drones (not the ship itself) get you a Suspect or a Criminal timer? I know itā€™s one or the other, just not sure which.

I canā€™t seem to find that in any of the Crimewatch articles.

2 Likes

Yeah so if you shoot a drone thatā€™s the same as shooting the ship. Concord comes and blaps you. Plus they get a killright against you. Suicide ganking drones is just a desperate move. Unless theyā€™re using harvesters at 500m each lol

1 Like

Thanks, man. I didnā€™t know, thatā€™s why I asked. Taking out the drones would certainly shut down the mining and be easier than taking out the Orca.

2 Likes

Yeah itā€™s not really effective.

I still am curious as to what is the risk to the orca pilot. This thread has me thinking of investing in a couple and parking it on someoneā€™s moon belt and harvesting tears while Iā€™m there lol

1 Like

Go for it. I really think this topic is been done to death by now. CCPs stance on it has been posted at least twice. Nothing new from them with changes.

I think all the possible ideas for trying to detur orcas or other mining ships have been laid out a few times.

Clearly everyone has a different opinion on the risk reward balance of harvesting moons in highsec.

Go forth, fly safe!

1 Like

Have you ever tried mining in an orca while bumped?

1 Like

Not sure why you think Orcaā€™s are risk free. Most have more investment put into them than an Athanor without the benefit of reinforcement timers.

1 Like