I am shocked at the merc profesion!

I am still shocked at the merc profesion and the lack of any noticable change!

Topic moved to Crime and Punishment

Ganking freighters is only profitable because players keep loading them with too much stuff.

Your argument is as silly as suggesting that highsec structures should automatically be protected from highsec wardecs for the first 6 months of their existence because so many are killed when someone wants to anchor a new market hub in Perimeter.

2 Likes

Iā€™m also sure she does not even know how much it costs to gank a freighter.

4 Likes

To be fair thoughā€¦ Most gankers are subsidized their lossesā€¦

Do you predict merger of all hs mercs or hs mercs joining CODE. ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Nobody cares.

I think there are too many egos to see everyone joining forces together. Stranger things have happened though, so we will see. I personally anticipate players adapting and moving on to other things. I donā€™t necessarilly believe that mercs will just shift to ganking.

If you think the New Order SRP would even remotely be able to replace those ships then you have just shown that you also donā€™t know how much it costs to gank a freighter.

1 Like

Fair enough. I refer only to minerbumpings much-touted ā€œsharesā€, the ticker on the side of the webpage with itā€™s attendant hat-tipping, and the other such donations. (Ships, resources, and whatever the loot fairy sees fit to drop.)

I donā€™t mind being educated.

Unfortunately Sol, the mechanics have changed so much that the hunt is no longer as fun as it was. Hiraeth indeed old butty

Go the zkillboard, look up a freighter kill, check the fitting of the Talos or bomber that was used to gank it, see how many of them were used in the attack, and presto, you too will know how much it costs to blow up a freighter.

Repeat the exercise for various freighter fits (bulkheads/cargo expanders) and solar systems (sec status) as desired.

Youā€™re going. to have to forgive me, but that has approximately zero impact as far as one can see on whether mercenary corporations shoot each other.

CCP could be owned by Apple and it wouldnā€™t have much of an impact on this.

Nid yw hiraeth yr hyn a ddefnyddiwyd.

Yeah my Welsh is nasty, not used it much since my Nan died.

Okay, maybe Iā€™m explaining this badlyā€¦

Iā€™m not saying that I donā€™t think it is expensive to blow up a freighter. I am saying that I think a lot of people contribute a lot of money and resources. Iā€™m saying I think the funding is there, and that from the perspective of Rando-Miner27, it costs less to gank then it cost him to be gankedā€¦ Because no one is paying for him to have a replacement ship.

Whereas the ganker is being reshipped at very little cost to themselves specifically.

Nostalgia that many have forgotten or others will never comprehend.

1 Like

Yeah I miss guys like Croakroach and that long golden haired rabbit cannibal Kane.

1 Like

Croakroach still plays. Heā€™s in Pirat. Kane was also play as of a few months ago, but I assume heā€™s on a hiatus.

If we had to balance the game around the sore feelings of Rando-Miner27 then highsec would be a carebear paradise without ganking, wardecs or any other risks. Who knows, still might happen.
Other threads have explained in detail how Johnny_Hauler11 can drastically reduce the risk of getting ganked in his freighter by taking a few basic precautions.

You could always place an alt in CODE, join their fleets for a while and get some better insight in the ISK flows.

You mistake me, my friend. I was not advocating for the rights of any one faction or the other. Only expressing my viewpoint.

As far as placing an alt in codeā€¦ Brother, I tried. I have a hard time getting folks in that Corporation to even talk, let alone help a newbro figure out what the hell to do. And thatā€™s fair, itā€™s not up to their Alliance, or indeed any Alliance to teach someone the Labyrinthian ins and outs of the game.