I gave EVE a try --cannot recommend to new players

Don’t want to hijack the thread but after having seen you and other players recomend them I’ve just applied to Brave Newbies Inc. Definatly have alot to learn still but I don’t mind reading and watching Youtube videos so I guess that won’t be an issue.

2 Likes

Why doesn’t he use something a bit more defensible, like a Procurer ??

Because he’s entitled to a higher yield. Why can’t you understand that?

1 Like

It would be nice if CCP would do something about the widespread availability of minerals - then maybe the poor guy wouldn’t have to mine so much.

Hey Richard,

I know the frustration of losing ships to gankers when you weren’t expecting it, and feeling like this game was too much of a commitment. I used to be strongly opposed to high-sec ganking and other scams, but I’ve come to greatly appreciate them. The constant threat and danger in this game, even in high-sec systems, makes it exciting and very unique. I’ve made friends with a lot of gankers/pirates, most of them are decent folk just out hunting in a game they enjoy.

May I recommend that you read up on the new players Q&A forums, take a look at gank intel channels and websites, and also look into 3rd party tools. The large amount of information and useful websites/tools out there can make this game much more enjoyable. As far as time commitment, try doing planetary interaction, it’s easy enough to maintain for those short play sessions. Also, join an industry corp, get to know some people in-game. This is a largely social platform and there are a ton of friendly and generous people out there.

PM me if you’d like more specific information on any of the above. Hope you give the game another shot, it’s worth it once you get over the learning curve!

2 Likes

Sounds like PvP happened in a PvP game. No, EVE isn’t for everybody I’m okay with CCP only attracting a niche playerbase. Try out WoW, I hear there’s no risk involved there.

All new players should train into Orca’s and tank them to the max.

Just don’t fly them through Invasions.

This is Eve. There is no max.

Meaning to the best of the new players ability at the time sort of deal.

Hey, don’t know if anyone mentioned this, but there is an anti-pirate profession in this game.
There are also NRDS (Not Red Don’t Shoot) anti-pirates.
Our goal as NRDS anti-pirates is to play as civilized characters and bring Amarr Civilization to Providence 0.0 security region.
Civilized means we don’t aim to beat everyone we meet with a club. We don’t shoot neutral Capsuleers unless they or the groups they support, for example by being part of, mean us or the Holy Amarr Empire harm (Minmatar and Gallente militias do mean harm to Amarr).
So you can always look for us and be a little bit safer without having to quit the game or join up with the groups who don’t represent the values that you do!
Spread the word among the new and veteran Capsuleers alilke that NRDS anti-pirates are very much alive and don’t let anyone let you believe otherwise!

1 Like

You swin in shark infested waters and make a surprised Pikachu face when eaten?

1 Like

If your organisation had a name that would be a good start.

Edit: NM I see its CVA

CCP data (&own personal experience) shows that majority of people who don’t join a community leave the game. I agree that HS is a tutorial zone but if they made it non-pvp it would have to be way smaller. Invasion? People complained that hs is stale and “abandoned” by devs, so they shook it up a little. Can’t make everyone happy.

in-game criminals are players too though… and they get punished (sec status, lose of standings, killright, loss of ship). Just like irl. A 500$ ticket to someone driving a Mercedes S is pennies, but for 15 year old rusty Ford Fiesta driver that’s a hefty punishment. Creation of alpha clones (aimed towards casual/ f2p players) allowed vets to create free gank smurf accounts. Instead of dealing with gank side effects and/or having to sub another account they can just make another alpha acc :confused:

They added quite a bit stuff for solo (burners, abysmal) and made quick pvp easy too with filaments. If you have 20-30 min to play, you can do it. But yea spreadsheets online aka eve is not for everyone. It’s for specific people and that’s why it’s a somewhat niche game. Only of it’s kind, that has survived 17 years and doing well. Maybe not great, but it’s still breathing.

Actually, CVA is currently on a Holy mission operating on Not Blue, Shoot It (NBSI) Rule of Engagement.

The following are anti-pirate groups operating under Not Red Don’t Shoot (NRDS) Rule of Engagement:

Corporations:

• Let’s Annoy’em
  • Archdiocese of Ardishapur

Alliances:

• Golden Shield
  • TalCorp United Federation

Neat.

You still need some sort of gimmick to be markettable. Catchy name, slogan, permits for sale etc.

Something that says “Amarr Victor”

Wow, if someone told me when I started to play this game, that the absurdly easy and almost effortless task to secure your mining operation in highsec becomes an insurmountable barrier that acts as a filter for idiots I would not have believed them

2 Likes

Its #2020

Up is down

Down is up

Miners are complaining they are being PvPd by CCP

Averages are calculated based on feelies

And the goggles, zey do nossing

3 Likes

Why would you start playing a game a decade past its prime.

1 Like

Because they are still better than all the new garbage?

3 Likes

Thanks for opening up that old wound.

Now I’m gonna be getting flashbacks for another week.

1 Like