I left the game

Gate camps are a regular thing on systems 1 jump from a high sec, there are a few ways to deal with this:

Spend 1 day set jita as your home then select a random null sec system start moving through the system’s in somethign super cheap with an align time of 4 seconds. Travel through those points if you get 3 or 4 low sec’s in then you know that gate is decent turn around head back in set another desto if you die on the gate camp right click avoid that system. After a few hours you will have all the bad entrences blocked out and then you can move through the systems in a much safer way.

Another way is to look on zkill and search the system name before you jump in to see if something has died there recently and to what did it die.

you can also fit a mwd and a cloak to your ships and google mwd cloak trick and use that its powerful.

or just use a cloaky ship its even better lol

You can also mwd away with a half pvp half pve setup that’s good at killing tackle but that is more adv, you can use an ab/web/scram fit with a micro jump drive on a bc but thats also a bit more adv.

Places to always have blocked:
Rancer
Kinnaka
Tama

Usually gate campers pick a system that is on the fastest route somewhere and also if its a funnel system where the entry gate is off d scan range from neary celestial.

I would if I was you fly 5-20mil frigs for a bit in lowsec in faction warfare just to get used to the landscape you get the hang of it super quick that way.

“Don’t jump into low sec in your 120 mil ship until you learned the dangers and how to avoid them and assume your ship lost the second you jump” is probably a far better solution.

Had he asked that anywhere, be it here on the forums, in corp chat or rookie chat he’d have gotten that answer 10 times.

My approach hasn’t been there are no resources about EVE online and that someone already invested in the game can not find the resources they need to get better and have a better time in EVE by applying them self.

I am saying the game does a bad job at even attempting to do so and should be able to directly point people to those resources like a neon sign, or point them to starter corps that can do that function. or even better teach them in a cohesive and game-centric manner.

Any way, I don’t really feel this back and forth is a good use of time, though some good points have been raised throughout.

To back Aisha up, I’d like to mention what I do, as I occasionally bump into genuine newbies in plexes in FW.

Some warp away and there’s no further interaction between us. The end.

Some clearly are still learning the orbit/lock/shoot cycle and have trouble engaging me, but are willing. Once the combat’s over, I type “gf”, pull up the killmail, right click their name in local, send ISK to replace the ship. Almost always costs less than 2M ISK, usually costs less than 1M ISK. I would rather they get back out in space with the fighting spirit ASAP than worry about ISK. There’s never acknowledgement in chat, they usually are trying to figure out why they’re in a pod and what they can do now. So that’s usually the end of our interaction. The end.

Extremely rarely do they convo me. Most of the time it is asking extremely newb things with neutral sentiment. “Are you friendly?” or “How come you blew me up?”. I can only recall two negative incidents. One was a newbie Russian who proceeded to curse me out. Another aggressively questioned what I was doing in FW plexes without being in FW and why I was being illogical. The former I ignored, the latter I followed up in Eve Mail and we smoothed it out and I got them to understand what “piracy” is and pointed them to references/guides for PvP and other FW communities, so it was a net positive interaction. The end.

It varies from person to person but IMO the only people I’ve encountered with the perception “PvP culture is bad/negative” are people who don’t participate in it and only see the rare, extreme salt farming videos.

To this day I still get many fits and suggestions from people that blow me up. It never goes away, newb or not.

3 Likes

Can you see the absolute, blissful joyful irony. I died to Dwarinsm. My god the laughs on coms over this afterwards…I made a really, really dumb mistake in JF logistics when I was a younger CEO. I started doing JF logistics, except I literally got the workflow steps reversed (and sent my standard freighter through a low sec gate just loaded with corpie stuff).

That day I learned the meaning of “die quietly”. No one had to put it on google for me…and they even wrote fan fic about it.

Yes, we want to share our time with players who can see the forest through the trees.

2 Likes

Agreed, it does. If only because it would be a massive information dumb

And there I disagree, we have the Wiki, rookie channel, youtube and other means.

A “you are about to jump into low sec, do you want to know more on the dangerous of low sec click here” would be silly. Any newbie who needs that kind of handholding won’t last anyway. It’s far better to focus on the people who WOULD do well in EVE, in whatever profession, than to waste time on the lowest denominator.

Im going to use the broken record saying but fly ships you have no problem what so ever loosing.

It’s fully understandable for a newbie to not understand the repercussions of it the first time and some newbie raging about his first loss I have no issues with (as long as it’s not mindless raging). But in this case the dude did it 3 times and then you just have to wonder if he’s extremely stubborn, lazy or just plain stupid.

Well, that’s looking at the issue in a very specific bandwidth you’ve defined.

They could do all manner of things, maybe change missions to use deadspace gates like we use in the game that lead to NPC ambushes and have you die a few times, who knows, they can do something over nothing.

I think CCP are already developing something like this will probibly take awhile thou.

I know there is a combat mission that has you sacrifice your ship, they give it you then go blow you up with it, They could apply this logic in a few dead space missions to teach you lessons in a controlled environment that you can see reproduced in the game.

the problem is that unless info like that takes away focus from the game and FORCES that newbie to read/watch it (which they won’t anyway) it still won’t help, because the people who can help themselves don’t need any of that stuff and the people who can’t be bothered can’t be helped.

You can’t make a horse drink.

1 Like

We have quite a few regulars, and lots of “day trippers” helping in Rookie channel answering questions all day, some have been around for over a decade. Ask a question and you get answers and if it takes more detail we’ll pull you into a convo.

But people DO have to ask. And if folks can’t even be bothered to ask for information in a very obvious help chat channel then they can’t be helped. If they can’t be bothered to google “eve wiki” or “eve low security space” before jumping into low sec for the 3rd time and losing their ship… they can’t be helped.

Hello,

This forum is becoming more and more exciting in the midst of the existential crisis of New Eden! A real case study for researchers!

Above all, do not take offense @Reuben_Orlenard . The lollipop @Aisha_Katalen is very accustomed on this forum of the demolition operations of all the arguments which never go in the direction of CCP, and this even if these arguments are alas! founded, which is indeed the case here. Also, be rather flattered that she can pass by you while stopping for a session of argumentum ad nauseam. Not everyone is so lucky; you if:

But for once, our favorite lollipop is seriously starting to run out of solid arguments, which means at the same time that CCP is also running out of solid arguments. Who said stubbornness was a great strategy these days? Under no circumstances the players!

The worst is that we will have beautiful, and this each in his own way, sound the alarm, they probably do not give a damn. It is pathetic ! And each passing day demonstrates to us a little more the notorious incompetence of this online game publishing company, an incompetence both in marketing and capacity planning.

As I’ve already explained, CCP’s enthusiasm for PvP runs counter to the expectations of players who aspire to a massively multiplayer game with perfectly balanced objectives: PvE, PvP, mining, research, crafting, trade, etc The reason is quite simple to understand for anyone interested in issues of risk factors on persistent virtual worlds: PvP contributes to the erosion of players’ virtual assets. And on this last point, it is clear that CCP, which is probably in search of recipes, has become a real master in the field; I’m not going to come back to this, since I’m already talking about it here:

What is terrible in this sinister story that we have to witness in spite of ourselves, and this against a background of inflation of +33% (the deathblow), is that CCP is falling of its own free will into a Trap without a future, ie an economic trap that certain scientists specialized in the subject had already sensed barely 10 years ago. Indeed, the taxation algorithm, PLEXs, PvP, ALPHA vs. OMEGA, Ponzi-style corporations, etc., helping, by accentuating to such a level of paroxysm the virtual inequalities between avatars within New Eden, and this only for IRL gain, CCP has definitely just crossed “the border between real and virtual”, in defiance of the original story of New Eden normally located more than 7,700 years after Jesus Christ, “requiring one of the many paradigms of the use of these universes, that of the official transformation of an activity from leisure to work for some players anchored in a logic of opportunistic business and easy profit.” (Dumazert, 2013)…

So here is. Here we are !

The question now being to know what will our Icelandic Vikings be able to do in order to save their drakkar in perdition, and narrowly avoid the mess?

For me, no offense to certain ignorant refractories (God knows that there are many of them these days out of denial), the only possible solution in 2022 allowing such a situation to be regulated in extremis, in order to establish equity between all players and CCPs are NFTs (Not Fungible Token), plus a few other marketing features of course (I gave some ideas on another thread). Because without this solution, EvE Online will soon be just a museum piece…

So Hilmar! Not For Tranquility? Are you sure ?

Ully Loom

ps: it’s funny, we just planned a game of EvE CONQUESTS with friends; the advantage of this board game is that these rules are totally immutable; here, CCP can no longer cheat for his sole and exclusive benefit…

2 Likes

There’s been several attempts to get a fleet together to deal with Kinakka…the most recent one devolved into a bit of a farce, but I think we’re getting there.

1 Like

Thanks for the fantastical response, haha. good luck with your objective.

eLiTe pvpers need more KB stats!!

FEED THE MACHINE!!!

im making another 10 kestrals to go into abysal space.and ive made over 100 ventures to go into wh space.i expect to lose them all.the reason youre quiting is that youve realized you have no chance without millions and millions of skill points and even then its iffy.much of the content is designed to make you lose and lose every time.i dont blame you for leaving.i too tire of losing and am at the point of it becoming boring in the extreme

You spam lose unfitted ships to the same guy in low sec, like 10 in a row. You lose a thorax in WH space that has no guns fitted and in low sec you lost a zero module thorax. It’s not the game that’s the problem.

2 Likes

Kind of impossible to deal with them :confused: If you bring something strong enough to fight them they dock and wait for you to leave and as soon as you leave they are back out again.