I started playing Star Citizen, and

Counterstrike and Fortnite are very similar games as you both shoot people there to win, clearly they are the same type of game and the companies should work together.

Oh wait… no. They’re very DIFFERENT games with a very different approach which just ON THE SURFACE appear to be similar but appeal to very different types of players. Anyone thinking they are the same/similar type of game CLEARLY doesn’t understand either of those games and probably shouldn’t voice his opinions too much.

1 Like

Star citizen has whales paying 30k $ thus it can not have a functioning player run market thus it can’t have a sand box so I am not intrested.

It took CCP almost a decade to abondon its pet player program, although the ramifications are still felt today, ie T2BPO.

The amount of pets sc has means it is allready doomed to be a low fps dangerous elite ie a world without consiquence.

2 Likes

It’s just cut n’paste…meh…

Lol, i suppose you also belong to Mensa, have 8 PHDs, and do groundbreaking physics research.

3 Likes

Exactly, and he’s doing it on purpose because he KNOWS this is what’s happening, he’s selling you hopes dreams and unicorns.

Which is going to cause a major issues when there will (finally) be some real gameplay around these made up play styles EVERYONE is going to be disappointed because it won’t be as awesome, amazing and completely catered to each individual’s idea of what it would be. Because it can’t be.

Note that Chris Roberts always has been a con artist in this respect and never actually made good games. Most of his “games” were not games at all, they were (at best) interactive movies which back then was so novel people forgave the non-existent gameplay. And the games that were actual games he didn’t really do anything himself, he just slapped his name on to it.

So anyone who knew/knows Chris Roberts knew to stay the F away from this project and so far it seems to become true.

3 Likes

I think one can apply the most cliche of litmus tests to SC: Does it sound too good to be true?

If it does then it’s mostly likely a scam (or partly one)…and IMO, it does…

I 100% hope SC is not a scam and turns into what it originally claimed it wanted to be. But I highly doubt that and so have not played 1 second of it nor spent a penny on it…and wont until well past the day it goes gold.

2 Likes

I want to love ED

I really do

But Im so spoiled by a persistent universe with massive player agency that you cant learn all of in 10 years.

And no, thats not SC

ED has a lovely flight engine though. A LOT superior to SC.

3 Likes

That is what sets EVE apart from all other games.

ED is simply a remake of the old Elite, just as it was advertised. Elite was a single player trade/combat grind game, nothing more. Back then it was ground breaking, compared to today’s online games it’s very limited. So it’s great at being a remake of Elite, it’s not so great at being a modern online multiplayer game.

Thing is that is exactly what David Braben promised and even though some of the ideas never made it in to the game or took quite a while to happen he made true on his words.

ED is amazing for its concept of being lost in space™, it’s mediocre at best at being an online game where you interact with others.

7 Likes

Yeah. I know, I was just waxing that yes its a beautiful version of original Elite, and has (nearly) the features from Frontier and FFE (though so many missing ships) but all the things I love about EvE are missing, and I just hate instances.

Ugh. Still, I dont regret my Lifetime Pass on ED, even if FD called us snowflakes for wanting something for our money lol.

I got the beta version that gives me all updates for free, never regretted it. I don’t play it too often though, generally every few months I’ll play it for a week or two.

But honest developers creating labours of love deserve support. That is why the only recent game I’ve bought in to is Camelot Unchained.

1 Like

Dont get me wrong, the lifetime pass was cheaper than a year and a bit of EvE and I never regretted it.

No, ■■■■ off, you blabbering idiot.

Utter bollocks.

And here you have proven it.

2 Likes

Not quite true. CCP developed WIS and CQ, “Carbon” tech, high detail character creation, because they hoped to deliver rich graphical avatar-based gameplay. They wrote about the importance of giving players something more than a spaceship to identify with, that it would help broaden the player-base. Unfortunately Reach exceeded Grasp, the expense and remaining work it would take to flesh out a 3D world and “open the door” proved beyond their capability at the time.

SC wants it all, including an eventual goal of single shard. Certainly the economy would be world-wide; such as it is because they don’t want to permit rich players or organizations from totally dominating it, like is possible in EVE. Right now the combat and player interactive spaces must be sharded to maintain the crazy high fidelity they want to deliver. But they have expanded the numbers of players allowed in instances over time.

This.

None of what he said about Star Citizen is even slightly enticing to me. It sounds tedious as hell.

I want to play a game not be “Immersed” to the point of delusion. I don’t have time to do all that.

The reason EVE appeals to adults is because it cuts out all that unnecessary BS and gets right to the meat of the matter.

Instead of having to get out of an imaginary bed, go to my imaginary bathroom to take an imaginary pee before brushing my imaginary teeth then jumping into the shower to wash my imaginary (but still fabulous) ass all before I can undock to play space ships, EVE just lets me unlock and be done with it.

For years I watched the walking in stations people ask for that very thing I describe to be put into this game. I guess some people need that kind of thing and hey, to each his own

But I’m glad EVE remains like it is, focused instead of all over the damn place like SC seems to want to be.

5 Likes

My prediction is you will not see this happening before the turn of the century.

Yeah what is it now … from 4 to 8 or 8 to 16? FFS!

(attempting to look serious and not quite making it) Easily before turn of century. It’s set in 2949!

We can’t know. I agree CQ was useless without the rest of it. We know it would include gathering spaces, literal chat rooms. Some first-person social games. Oh - and the New Eden store - they’d set it up so you could not miss it. A place to try out new outfits. Players looking over the close-out sale items (just 5 plex!) in the back.

Some hints I read (and a trailer shows) exploration gameplay - you’d fly out to a rock or derelict to find different kinds of data/relic site stuff and (I’m guessing) probably materials to build new items that would upgrade your personal gear.

So what you’re saying is a game developer is offering up the notion of a fantasy world not at all based in reality? The result being a virtual reality where I have to use my imagination to fill in the gaps?

This sounds absolultely dreadful. Are there even red dots?

1 Like

You can try and sound as sarcastic as you want, but in reality you completely missed the point.

4 Likes