I started playing Star Citizen, and

CR is plain, at every opportunity he mentions players need only purchase a basic game package and that everything else in development will be available to players with in-game effort. And that JPG purchases help fund future game development.

“Pay me 1 billion isk and I will double it”.

Sound familiar?

1 Like

Lol, this made me look up who produced one of my most favored games of all time which I always attributed to him, WC Privateer. It wasn’t produced by him.

I think the only game I ever played he produced was WC Armada and that game always felt incomplete like it’s only a demo version of a game.

2 Likes

Well…ok…here’s hoping you have just a scad of funnest fun in sc…someday…, you brightstarunicornmaster, you.

Better buy more rsi ships!

1 Like

In June 2000, Microsoft started talks to buy Digital Anvil. Roberts admitted that his team required large sums of money, which only a huge company could provide, to continue developing Freelancer with its “wildly ambitious” features and unpredictable schedule; the project had overshot its original development projection of three years by 18 months. Roberts trusted that Microsoft would not compromise his vision for Freelancer , and was convinced the software giant would not attempt the takeover if it did not believe Freelancer could sell at least 500,000 copies when released.[39] Roberts left the company on completion of the deal, but assumed a creative consultant role on Freelancer until its release.[40] Microsoft instructed Digital Anvil to scale down the ambitions of the project and focus on finishing the game based on what was possible and the team’s strengths.[13][19] Features such as the automated flight control, conversations that had different choices of responses, and sub-quests were abandoned.[12] Despite the reductions, several reviewers believed the resultant product was still true to Roberts’ vision.[5][13]

Only in your delusions is this true.

That, I agree.

Its not a joke, its a reality, but sure, I agree.

They couldnt. If they could, then they wouldve, and an Alpha wouldve been released 7 years ago.

1 Like

People who give SC money should have their credit rating go down.

4 Likes

Only ppl that give more than the basic game package amount, thinking they are going to have some huge advantage when full persistence is working, and SC switches off alpha credits. SC wants ships to be more rare than in EVE where we can have stacks, but any ship you want to work for, shouldn’t be impossible to obtain.

Don’t worry, all of us ultra-negative people will be dead from old age before SC releases.

4 Likes

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
  • Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting