I used to look forward to updates. Now i dread them

You didn’t adapt, you’ve evolutionarily regressed.

1 Like

I’ll never understand the public tantrum some people have to do before they quit a MMO.

Just walk off into the sunset bro. No one cares.

2 Likes

I cited this thread on my blog:

https://www.james315.space/2021/11/13/miner-madness/

Happens a lot, doesn’t it.

Maybe its because we just want the developers to return the game to its original state. EG: The skill window. Just revert the change. But they won’t. They’re leaving the skill window broken because they just don’t care.

They can write on their report to their shareholders, that they’ve updated X number of features. Shareholders will be happy. ■■■■ the players who have to deal with it.

It feels like i’m actually flying tho. Its incredible amounts of fun.

Next summer i’m looking at one of these:

That’s interesting, but you can both play EVE and fly RC helicopters in real life. Claiming that you’ve replaced one with the other is just drama queen behavior.

2 Likes

I’ve played tons of MMOs over the course of my life.

I cut my teeth on 1997 UO. And yes, the devs did roflstomp that game. And when they finally did? I quit. Was it sad? Yep. Did I do a nostalgia tour in game to see things for the last time? Yep. Did I murder someone just cause I could still? Yep.

Then I logged off for the last time. And that was that.

No messy forum post. I’d advise you to do the same.

2 Likes

Yeah, i COULD play both. But, like, why?

If you took my RC quad and turned it into an RC boat, i’m just not going to play with it anymore.

I’m not a masochist.

Check this one out, its a quad that can do 3d / reversed props:

FLY LIKE THIS - Breaking Physics with GEMFAN's NEW 3D Propeller! (ft ChainLynx - Like This) - YouTube

I programmed my quad to play EVE Online for me, so I can do other stuff.

Do only sociopaths put a Hotel on Boardwalk? That’s part of the game. That’s the game i enjoyed playing.

Now, in the middle of the game, if you remove the Monopoly board and replace it with a Scrabble board… well, i was here to play Monopoly. If we’re not playing Monopoly anymore, i am just going to go find something else to do.

Make a list of the changes you dislike, and explain why you dislike each one. None of us even really have any idea what exactly you’re so dissatisfied about.

1 Like

I’m well aware of the irony of your nick but I do not think you actually understand what a sociopath is.

Let’s do one at a time. Let’s start with the capital EHP nerf.

A supercarrier can now be destroyed in about 60 seconds.

“bhuuut you should’nt rat without 200 people standing around waiting to back you up”

okay. Fair argument (lol). But even if you have 200 people standing around hopped up on coffee and uppers, 60 seconds still isn’t enough to save it.

“hurrrr big supercarrier pilot crying cos he cant make billions of isk being unbeatable hurrrr”

nah, just like, a fighting chance would be good. And i’m sorry but if i had to mine in highsec wtih a procurer to make isk, i simply would not play the game due to the amount of grinding it would take to get anywhere.

At that point, i’d rather just work an extra hour and buy PLEX instead.

And, i’m not sure how the ingame economy can survive as we begin to replace ore with plex. Unless CCP is going to replace tritanium with PLEX in the blueprint BOMs

The economy is a curve, and not a binary toggle.

sure, but at some point the curve begins to converge with the “fun” and “time/benefit ratio” curves on the graph. And once that curve dips down below a certain threshold, my gag reflex kicks in and i’m just not going to eat it anymore.

I used to eat hamburger.

I’ve been forced to eat brussel sprouts.

Now i’m being asked to eat ■■■■. And pay for it.

I’ve got to pass. Give me my hamburger back or i’m going to go find some steak.

The hamburger will be on the menu again when you and your

leave the game, and mineral prices rise enough for a regular player to be able to make an income from mining that is actually competitive.

3 Likes

Everyone: “Lets play Monopoly!”
Me: “I’ll buy a hotel for my boardwalk”
Zoomer: “b-b-but wealth inequality! muh ccp please!”
CCP: “we’ll remove hotels from the game then”
Me: “But i was having fun and winning?”
Aiko: “Hahaha gtfo crybaby”
Someone: “you’re just lucky we dont reset the game because of you!”
Me: “Okay. I just really liked playing while it lasted.”
Remaining Player Base: “Adapt (the game rules to disadvantage those i’m jealous of) or die!”

It’s not all about you, and what you want to do.

Do you see that? You did that.

You “won” EVE by utterly breaking it, and now you’re quitting to move on to greener pastures instead of helping to rebuild it.

Like we always said you and your kind would once what’s left of the grass would become too dry and unpalatable.

2 Likes

I haven’t used the 12 procurer alts yet. I’ve just got them trained up and ready to go, specifically because of the looming threat of t he rorqual nerf.

up til now, i’ve mined in a single Rorqual, and i’ve been fairly content with that income source. I’ve been dropped on and almost lost it numerous times. Its generated both isk and fun.

But now people have decided to change the game rules because they’re jealous of people who have OG monocles. And you laugh when you watch our stuff get taken from us by the Developers.

can you not at least have some sympathy for that? Nope. Just “hahaa gtfo suckerrrrrr” Candy Crush Generation.