I WAS A CODE. SPACE BULLY

YOU JUST NEED TO ROLEPLAY THE CODE AWAY!

'Twas a harmonious galaxy, full of mining bots, and all the miners were fat and lazy and spent much of their time watching movies and drinking beer.

6 Likes

I wish someone would “rub me in the wrong places” more often, sounds most enjoyable… Eve has an ‘htfu’ culture, that’s it’s raison d’être - perhaps you’re in the wrong game ?

2 Likes

Hello Kitty, at a rough guess…

3 Likes

Do we have a clear definition of these things?

What counts as malicious intent or disturbing the peace in mine might be traditional in yours or vice versa.

1 Like

You’ll notice many of those 1600 wars have been declared against the CODE. alliance. CODE. not only has structures that make them war eligible, but even playfully hold sovereignty over a system in nullsec. People, on occasion, take a shot at shooting CODE., but as was said, that is fine and even encouraged by the spirit and text of the Code. This sets up a strange Catch-22, where literally the New Order of Highsec cannot lose if you fight back. They win, Always, as symbolized by their Alliance logo:

The truth is, the Code is more an ideology than an organization. Its members and sympathizers are scattered all through the game, including the large groups, and the alliance itself is more a collective killboard than a unified force. At least it is made up of many independent and self-sufficient groups/players who share a common world view and do often collaborate, but generally operate decentralized in smaller cells so there is nothing to head shot or of critical importance to destroy.

At its core the Code is in the DNA of Eve Online and most Eve players recognize this and accept CODE. as part of the game. Sure, many will look down and deride the group for whatever cultural difference they define their group by just like they do to most outsiders, but most recognize and even celebrate the essence of what the Code stands for. This is why there is no significant number of people who want to really “curtail” their operations.

Organized opposition exists of course who do want to permanently kill the New Order, but is largely made up of butthurt safebears who can’t get over losing something, who are generally terrified of PvP and ineffectual. There are notable exceptions - competent contrarians who want to play the role of the white knight, or sometimes out criminal the criminals and steal some loot from the gankers - but these types are actually playing the game and enjoy CODE. as their nemesis. They don’t actually want to kill CODE.

TL;DR this is just a video game and CODE. are one of the bad guys (or good guys, depending on your view point). Someone has to play that role and take a side, or what a boring player-driven game this would be, no?

14 Likes

Yes, I do!

Frostpacker is turning into a real space hero!

2 Likes

No that was all your fault.

1 Like

:angel:

1 Like

Typical bully, looking down on other people as if their work defines their personality.

4 Likes

So… you are classifying yourself as a bully, or are you exempt when you look down on people?

1 Like

Imagine defining what you do in a video game as “work”.

2 Likes

Ahh yes, content creation. Wonderful response. The question is - where is the counter content to the content provided by CODE? Obviously, the wardecs provided by some random corp now and again do not suffice.

And I do have my answer to the question regarding the formation of a large alliance of highsec miners vs CODE. That is just not the way highsec miners want to experience EVE. This only leaves the possibility of a PvP centric counter block of gamers similar to those of CODE to create the counter content. I think this is a wonderful idea for a new alliance, no? Lots of pew pew for everyone.

1 Like

Communication plays a major role in an mmo and without it then it might as well be a single player game.

CODE. is the counter content to a particular playstyle

Correct! So where are they?

1 Like

Why not?

There is plenty of counter content. Every Agent of the Code has experienced the attention of vigilantes that try to stop them or drive them off, sometimes successfully. It’s just that like Code enforcement itself, the scale is very much local and personal, not at all the same paradigm that goes on between large groups in nullsec. Criminal game play is a different flavour of conflict than that between groups.

Your local Agent Is there to generate content both by enforcing the Code and serving as a target themselves. Feel free to go shoot them if you want.

Go for it! You might get tired of protecting self-interested miners too lazy or greedy to spend any resources to protect themselves, but if you can find enough like-minded players to form a competent white knight group, that would be awesome. There are plenty of stories waiting to be told there!

5 Likes

This is what the Op’s hanger should look like

2 Likes

One distinction, though, is that CODE is a violent counter to an inherently peaceful activity. My stance against CODE stems from this distinction, and it comes from my real life stance against people who are inherently non-peaceful (whether they see it in themselves or whether they act on it or not being irrelevant). This is more cultural than anything else, and in CODE’s case, they have built a culture around this non-peacefulness, and both know what they are, and act on it.

There is solid groundwork there for a grand clash of good versus evil.

2 Likes

Interesting philosophy.

However, I would counter it by asking what you feel is an appropriate response to counter non-violent activity that is or may be damaging to a person, a group or a community.

In the case we are talking about, there is no real non-violent counter to the activity.

1 Like

Yes, fantastic! I’ve always been disappointed by the low level of effort that the anti-Code resistance puts in. I wish you much luck and success, worthy adversary. When do you start recruiting?

Or were you waiting for somebody else to do it?

2 Likes