I WAS A CODE. SPACE BULLY

It never hurts to fit a mining permit on top of a solid tank

1 Like

Never! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

You have the exact same toolset. What you mean to say is you want to counter or inflict damage on gankers without putting in the same investment or effort they put in.

Why should the average player with 1 account and no knowledge of eve mechanics have superior tools than the ganker with 10 accounts who put 100bil into his setup and understands all the mechanics involved?

4 Likes

A while back I clicked on a zero ISK cost KR and got hit for 30m on a cheap as shite ship. There are ways to game kill rights to make ISK and I realised that it was yet again shitty design.

The only way to use killrights is to do what Knowledgeminer does and get the kill rights off of the victim in that it is assigned to you and that makes it very powerful as an AG tool.

However the issue is that the ship you are hunting and blowing up is utterly meaningless to the ganker in the first place. So what Knowledgeminer does to fight gankers is in the main utterly meaningless and wasted effort in terms of value hit. This does ramp up a bit when it comes to gankers waiting on trade routes and the like, taking out the ganker before they do the hit, and also killing the loot scooper are all rather effective and he does this well.

Still the amount of time he spends just sitting around camping people requires a focus that is well above the norm for most players, so your point here is utterly well made:

So spot on, we need something like you said that makes normal players want to go off and do some fun AG. At the moment only someone with a truly abnormal relentless nature like knowledgeminer can do this and makes no impact at all. I interacted with him for a bit and he seems to be immune to boredom, though I get the impression that trolling the AG channel gives him the fun and ego boast he desires.

I make more impact sitting around watching a multiboxer ganker with the petition ready and waiting so he has to do everything manually so they get annoyed and log off, each to their own huh!!!

:joy: :joy: and he is even serious about this :joy: :joy:

6 Likes

He’s a pathetic loser who still thinks the most reported players in the game are input broadcasting :smiley:

With him still posting even tho he has everyone on ignore and the only ones he doesn’t still call him a loser, I have to wonder when he’ll finally snap and join that other ag mod that’s gone from the game

5 Likes

Kalynn Shardani?

1 Like

:reminder_ribbon: Always remember.

1 Like

This is wrong. The KR system cannot be gamed. There is a glitch that may make what Dracvlad says here happen IF you don’t pay attention, but does not work the way he’s making it look.

For reasons that I’ll explain when I get to write that post about KRs (it’s going to be a really long one, a series of posts actually), the UI for KRs sometimes shows KRs that were cleared a moment ago and are no longer available.

If you try to activate such a KR, two things will happen: (1) you’ll get a notification (which you may miss) that the KR could not be activated because it’s no longer available; and (2) the next KR (if any) becomes available. The new KR, however, does not get automatically activated just because you tried to activate the no longer available one. You have to repeat the activation process again, at which point you get to see the price for the new KR before actually activating it. The new price may very well be much higher than the previous one, so you need to pay attention, but it never happens that you may activate a KR for a different price than the UI shows at the moment of activating it.

Now, everybody reading this may fully expect Dracvlad to reply saying this is not the case and keep trying to make everyone believe that it’s possible to pay for a KR more than the UI shows it costs. This is not the first time I explain this to him, yet he keeps repeating the same nonsense again and again regardless. You’re gonna have to decide which of us to believe, or just try it yourself and see…

This is wrong again. I use public KRs when available at a price I’m willing to pay all the time too. The only problem with public KRs is the price —usually either they’re so cheap that the ganker clears them himself, or they have a higher price than I’m willing to pay. It has absolutely nothing to do with the glitch, which I encounter all the time myself and is not a problem at all.

Really? How is losing a Tornado to a KR for nothing in return utterly meaningless to the ganker? That they don’t care losing their ships when they gank doesn’t mean losing them for nothing in return (plus then having to wait for the 15 min suspect timer to run out), is utterly meaningless to them…

It’s not that it “ramps up a bit”. It’s that when you do things right, it becomes completely disruptive for the ganker…

The amount of time you have to spend sitting around camping a ganker is never more than he has to spend waiting for a target to appear… unless he’s playing AFK games, but then you can play AFK games too (if you know what you’re doing, that is)…

Moreover, as far as the use of KRs goes, you often don’t have to sit around camping a ganker to begin with. Don’t confuse me willing to do that with that being necessary in all cases.

As an example, while patrolling a few days ago, I noticed a gang of 3 Tornados on d-scan. I chose to camp them cloaked for a while because I wanted to for some reason, not because I had to, and finally I decided to go get them. They were in space, aligned to the gate, and two of them had cheap public KRs, a mistake that both the KR owner and the Tornado pilots made, but that sometimes happens. I activated one of the KRs and proceeded to kill one of the Tornados. By the time the ganker realised what was happening, the first Tornado was done and I had activated the KR and tackled the other before he could get away, so I ended up killing that too (only one of them can be seen on zKill, btw).

What do you think would have happened afterwards if the loss of those Tornados was utterly meaningless to the ganker as you say, and what do you think it is that actually happened? Hint: I got some (unexpected) nice ganker tears there…

If you did any of this stuff instead of merely talking about it out of your ass AND you did it well, you’d know that too and I wouldn’t have to waste my time replying to your nonsense to try to minimise the damage you do by trying to make others believe that there is no point in doing any of this with the current game mechanics because it takes more effort than you are willing to spend, and hence that whining about it is so much better instead…

ROFLMAO. You just proved that the sole reason to ask for changes here is to make it easier to fight the gankers, so it doesn’t take more effort than you are willing to spend, which is what we’re all saying and she’s refusing to accept… :rofl:

But hey, don’t let that stop you from keep trying to make everybody believe that you think ganking is fine and well balanced after the change made to the bump mechanics… It’s just that there is a thing here and there that you’d like to be changed as well… but only for “content reasons”… or whatever…

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Seriously, wow!!! Then your explanation will be utterly worthless if you can’t get past that simple fact.

Seems odd that the person on which I am sitting next to had that KR applied and then someone shot him and then he appeared next to me with a new kill right, magic that. Do keep going, this is hilarious.

Hold on I got it, he timed his kill right to the exact second when sitting next to me so it expired just before I accepted it, that is impressive, magic too.

I skimmed the rest of your salt as it was not worth paying attention to.

PS I have not renewed by forum block on you which is good because the gems above made it very worthwhile.

I can’t help it, let me show it again:

ROFL

Of course it will be utterly worthless… to fools like you that it won’t be intended for to begin with…

LOL. Not sure what you mean, but looks like that’s exactly how it’s supposed to work. What did I say that would make that odd?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I care so much whether you block me or not, or whether you say you do, but then don’t…

And please, be sure to bookmark those gems, so you can make a fool of yourself again and again by trying to make it look like I said anything that’s wrong there…

1 Like

One of my friends pointed out something to me in your post and on reflection it is almost as dense as what you said above, which you seem to have doubled down on even further.

Now that no consequence bumping is no longer the case I feel that ganking is properly balanced at a tactical and even at a strategic level. The player I quoted above wants to make it more interesting and rewarding to go after gankers which is something I agree with. You seem to have this confusion that making it more fun for players wanting to go after gankers will make it too difficult to gank and change the balance, I don’t necessarily feel that will be the case but is possible that it will have an impact.

Still this game is all about conflict and interaction and the interaction with gankers is not exactly fun and engaging or even possible for the majority of players so people don’t bother.

In any case I don’t expect a reasonable reply from you because you post exactly like Dom Arkaral in that you are more focussed on scoring forum war victory points to be able to place silly icons at the end for a victory lap when in fact you made yourself look totally foolish.

Like this.

The player you quoted refused to provide an example that would illustrate how exactly it would be possible to accomplish what she says she wants without making fighting the gankers easier.

You’re not going to provide such an example either, are you? You don’t see how failing to provide such an example makes what you just said ■■■■■■■■, do you?

1 Like

I though that the sentiments of what was suggested was something that I agree with, however the issue is always with the detail of course.

But what I will say is that ganking freighters is where I wanted it to be, it is now a better balanced game. What happened today was a damn good example of that. Racknar saw a freighter with something really good in it and went after it, but was not set up at all. He used three Malus to re-set the timer while he tried to log on everything while keeping it bumped and get in the ships needed to take it. He failed it managed to warp away.

He set up in the next system, the other player outsmarted him, I was letting the other player know what was setup in Kaap. He did not even acknowledge me because he assumed that I could be a ganker, I just detailed where Racknar was, his fleet comp and made sure he know about it. A smart player, he got his stuff out using his brain, I won’t say more than that as I did not want to know.

That was hard for the ganker, he was not set up ready to go and he failed because of that, previously he would have walked that. You in the past have failed to understand that it has to be like that in that there should be a chance to get away if the ganker is not properly setup and ready to go. I have what I wanted.

My objective is to make interaction more interesting more challenging for both sides and not a walk in the park. Racknar logged when I took the P, it did hurt, and that is what makes a game.

The issue is not so much what you or I can do, but what can those poor saps who don’t have the deep pockets and attitude or SP to do anything meaningful to make a difference and to feel like they can do something and interaction like that makes or breaks a game The player who I quoted was looking at that aspect and if it could be done than great.

I have made suggestions previously on this very subject, one of which was removing docking rights from NPC stations to tie gankers to player owned structures which then create a target that has an impact on their operation. That is maybe a little high as targets goes but compared to now it is something. See a suggestion I already made.

Loot scooping via DST, is another, I would like to see more new bros swarming a freighter kill and nabbing what they could, I am surprised that more people don’t do it. But the DST trick does tend to make loot scooping too safe. There another one.

On the other side I do notice that merely parking a Phobus on a gate causes mass log offs as that loot scooper is at too great a risk. But the ganker wants greater security, has he ever thought about the benefit of people trying to loot scoop when he is among a crowd of such people, but he wants all of it and he deserves it because he ganked it? Seriously…

As I said this game is not supposed to be easy, I am not after something like no consequence do it until DT bumping so I can fight the gankers easier. I personally like the challenge, like popping a Vexor ganker in Niarja and causing him to fail, because he aborted using the second Vexor. Not on my killboard by the way, I don’t have it update, I only mention it because it passed the test in that he failed the gank, and that is what matters.

So you can go off in any which way you want about it.

What? Where have I ever failed to understand anything like that? Just so you know, placing that ridiculous statement in the middle of all that blabbering doesn’t make it true…

That’s not your objective and never has been. That’s merely what you pretend you can make others believe your objective is…

Oh, yes, those are the kind of suggestions you make. We knew that already, thank you very much.

Now, back to the question I asked in my previous post, your suggestions to make it all a “better” game without nerfing suicide ganking or making it easier to fight the gankers are what exactly?

1 Like

So you mean to say that ol’ Drac is a lazy and ineffectual ag who might actually accomplish something were he not so busy whining on the forums about how hopelessly unfair everything is and concocting wild misunderstandings and even conspiracy theories to compensate for his amazing ability to misinterpret
most situations and be confused by even the most basic of game mechanics?

3 Likes

To be fair, the 9bil ISK to setup my whole Catalyst production line was financed with a planted killright on Alyth (who was a bumper char back then) which got repeatedly activated (but not used) by some mad miner to “scare me away” (like every 15min) until he was out of ISK and finally realized what he had done.

2 Likes

What? No. Did you miss when he said he makes more impact than anyone could possibly do by sitting around watching with the petition ready or what?

LOL. Of course there is a whole class of baiting/scamming related to KRs. That’s still not gaming the KR system in the sense of manipulating it to make someone pay for a KR a higher amount than the UI says. Every time someone activates a KR like they did in the case you mention, the UI displays the correct amount he’ll have to pay to activate it. That some don’t pay attention or don’t care doesn’t mean the system is being gamed…

2 Likes

You give him far too much credit…

4 Likes

You made a stupid point on my suggestion that ganking was correctly balanced and tried to go off on a tangent, I explained to you why I thought that. You kept on saying there was nothing wrong with the bumping mechanic as it was, and I am pointing out that you are wrong and I gave you an example that I was slightly involved in yesterday.

My objective has been achieved in that the example I gave is exactly what I wanted to see, a ganker not set up failed to get his prey. Point made period.

I have consistently made those suggestions to push more interactions, if you don’t understand them that is your issue.

You wish to create a link between making changes to develop more interesting interaction to be a direct nerf to ganking, this is your issue not mine, I have no interest in people crying about nerfs and buffs and crying out one more nerf… Stop whining!

Wrong, it was 0 and I ended up paying 30m, I know exactly how they do this and you have no clue about it. You seem to think that this is to do with clearing the kill right. Wow so I timed my acceptance just as the kill right expired, what are the odds on that. LOL, you don’t have a clue, just like bumping.

It is not just going to be me, I have explained to multiple people what to look for, so those cheaters better not cheat because they will be reported.