I WAS A CODE. SPACE BULLY

Lucas already proved the fact that ganking is OP in a previous post.

2 Likes

…and you continue to not understand basic game theory. Sounds good.

2 Likes

Then…why are you playing?

Do you have a killmail to prove it?

I’m not so sure I agree with you there. While you and Dracvlad might not present yourselves as heroes fighting villains, I’ve noticed that the AG crowd has some pretty vocal folks who do and seem to think that gankers are all puppy-kicking sadists IRL.

I’ve no doubt there are some toxic people in the ganker crowd - hell, the thread OP even admitted as much! - but the AG crowd seems to be filled with a lot of folks who don’t quite get that EvE is supposed to be a place where ganking, stealing, and scamming are all allowed because the devs wanted to play pre-Trammel Ultima Online in space.

That’s what Drac thinks, so Ugren might be on to something.

Honestly, I wouldn’t mind if the AG side of things could interrupt/prevent ganks, provided the mechanics were balanced such that ganking would still remain viable. CCP would probably have to reduce hauler and mining ship EHP to compensate, and maybe a few other things.

Hell, if they implemented my stargate idea it would automatically make things easier for gankers. Barges and freighters can’t move very fast, and having to travel the 15k back to the gate will probably take long enough for a gank fleet to prep and land on grid.

I’ve pointed this out before in this thread; it’s called the Xanatos Gambit. It means executing your plans in such a way that you end up benefiting from the outcome, no matter what that outcome is.

Hell, the only time I can recall CODE. actually losing is when their team rage-quit the Alliance Tournament and left James with the unenviable task of trying to spin that as a victory. It would have been better if they flew a bunch of max-yield, untanked haulers and barges as a bloody sacrifice to The Savior Of Highsec.

This, right here? This is an undeniable truth.

It’s not treated by the staff as an in-character RP forum, but you’ll never see Aiko acting like CODE. aren’t the ones who make the rules, not CCP. Hell, she even posted some nonsense about CODE. winning ATXII when I brought it up in another thread.

I think she’s tried posting in the IGS forums before, but her posts tend to get deleted by the mods because she keeps breaking the fourth wall, so to speak.

The way I see it, I’m not being told how to play unless they actually communicate with me via text or voice chat and say something like “this is how you should play”.

If they just attack me then they’re an obstacle/challenge I need to avoid or learn to overcome, just like I would in any other game. Humans just happen to be more adaptable and unpredictable than video game AI, so accomplishing this task can be difficult.

Oi.

Don’t go throwing around “autistic” like a slur. That’s not okay.

True, but when someone starts walking toward a store while openly carrying a loaded gun (red safety setting) then folks tend to notice, and if those folks are both immortal and heavily armed (capsuleers) then it’s all the more likely that violence will ensue.

2 Likes

Also true…So the red blinky types are already free-targets. But if you are not blinky, ie hiding the weapon, nobody will notice. Criminals almost always have the advantage.

• they set the time
  • they set the place
  • they can gather intel on the target
  • the target doesn’t know anything about the attacker
  • etc

I didnt say it was. But I did say it wasnt about real crimes or punishments, so why would anyone here be replying as their live at home wage slave selves?

Also C&P has always been treated differently to other sections by the moderators, and (when they actually moderated) was given a looser leash.

1 Like

This only increased the notoriety of CODE. It was all people could talk about. That doesn’t seem like losing.

2 Likes

(O_o)

1 Like

Actually, we won that Tournament. Check the archives of minerbumping and learn the truth!

4 Likes

That would have been truly glorious. Pity they didn’t think of it in the moment.

Using the terms “autistic” or “on the spectrum” in this way is absolutely, 100%, undeniably, not okay…

If you want to trash talk people who spend all day multi-boxing @Lucas_Kell , that’s fine, but don’t do it in a way that belittles folks actually struggling with autism. That level of abelism is truly insidious and harmful, and I will report it to CCP emphatically if I see you using it again.

3 Likes

Lucas actually proved that we’re all autistic bullies in a previous thread.

3 Likes

Indeed, so the premise is correct: the one that shoots you decides how you play (at that specific time).

2 Likes

Lucas and Drac actually proved the premise correct in a previous thread.

2 Likes

So, basically you’re saying that because other people have said worse, and because CCP isn’t doing anything about it, you using a medical condition as an insult is okay?

No. Sorry, but no. This is no different than misogyny, using a racial slur, or gay bashing. It needs to stop.

This is not okay.

“Whatabout-ism” isn’t a defense, it’s a deflection. It means you can’t (or at least aren’t choosing to) defend what you’re doing.

Also…I haven’t read this entire thread. I did happen to notice your comment. I can’t react to comments I haven’t read.

3 Likes

If you could please, either post here or eve-mail me a link where this happened.

Thanks.

It’s already here on the forums somewhere, so I don’t have to.

1 Like

(O_o)

Lucas Kell: never wrong.

2 Likes

A few things.

1. I’m not a CODE supporter.
  2. I am not in any way obligated to have read an entire thread before commenting on it.
  3. I actually am on the autism spectrum, so maybe this is why I’m both particularly sensitive to it and in a better position than you to judge whether your use of it is insulting or not.

Yes, that’s right, just you told someone who is on the autism spectrum to “get over it” when you used being on the autism spectrum as an insult. You may as well tell a person of color to “get over it” after you dropped an N-bomb on them.

Seriously. WTAF is wrong with you?

3 Likes

(O_o)

Thats not how it works and you damn well know it.

1 Like