Idiot Player Please Ignore

Nope.

You should not change your posts. Your posts, like your videos, is just a journalistic investigation of something that somebody want to hide, but almost all knows about it. This thread, like some other threads, isn’t kind of dark - its just a protest of players, with their posters. The protests happens because there is a reason. It shouldn’t be banned or blocked in any ways, because it happens democratically, under EULA and because we aren’t dictators, right? The protest happens very polite here, compared to other platforms like reddit/eve, where the level of toxicity and vulgarism is beyond acceptance criteria time to time.

CCP just trying to solve some problems by gaining profits. There are a set of solutions. They have chosen their own way to solve it and the main player base doesn’t like it, similarly to how it happened in other games. Yeah, the 10% of healthy player base (which holds 80% of in game assets) don’t care about changes into simple new game mechanics, just because they don’t play that. It’s easy to take it, if to log in once per week or month. One day they’ll log in and will ask “Wow! Where is everyone?”. Something is happening into modern top management. Read the article to notice a similar IRL situation.

I heard Carneros say that there is a lot of concern of the direction of Eve, …” Carneros is a modest, mature, aged man. He can say “Well, that happened there in this way… this… this… IDK”. He has many friends in CCP staff maybe, friends and dating in video game industry. He just can’t say whatever he want about it, similarly to other famous EVE players and CSM members like we can - “young muscles”. It doesn’t mean that Carneros doesn’t know and see where the thing is going. There are exceptions. Somebody can’t protest vs it and can’t ignore it at the same time, like Brisc Rubal. So, Brisc being a RL politician, lawyer, civil servant, allocates his time for work, family and community. Here, in virtual life, he allocates his time being alliance leader (requires a lot of time and energy), field officer (in fleets), CSM member and official forum participant. Like in any social job, he came here to “listen” our criticism, complaints, problems, recommendations - by doing a community manager job. Much respect to him.

2 Likes

I’m really uncomfortable with the fact that the video got censored. I mean, by taking it down, CCP probably did more harm than the video, because they showed that they don’t like that opinion and took it down. I am thinking about unsubing since quite a moment now, and CCP probably convinced me more than the video.

I don’t want to be part of a game that censors voices just because they don’t like what is said. Everyone is free to tell how they feel about the game, may it be positive of negative, and very often, the most negative feels are those of people who are the most passionate about the game and just want to enjoy it again.

Moral of the story, ggwp CCP, you made me hate you a little bit more just because you are douches.

nope to what? no you dont get payed for it or no, its not my job. You are very unclear for a RL politician

1 Like

Nope, I don’t get paid, and nope that’s not my job. When have RL politicians ever been clear about anything?

It was CSM that took the video down not CCP, but I agree sensorship/dictatorship tendencies are a bit overboard and probably came from an emotional response rather than one of logic, but hey we are all human even the CSM.

But at the same time you have to remember that most people don’t read thing’s through to it’s end so if people only read the first bit without all the responses they can get the wrong message so that in itself might be a valid reason for sensorship.

Not really better, Goonswarm Stellar Management doesn’t serve much anyways other than the interest of the coalitions they represent.

You got me there, i knew i should have formulated that different :slight_smile:

But dont be proud that RL politicians have that name/reputation, its not really a good thing :smiley:

So if you dont get payed, its not your job, its just your hobby.

It should be all of our concerns the eve is bleeding RL people. i mean 1 person with a 100+ accounts for skill farming or bot accounts dont add nothing to the game. Eve is getting to safe, eve is getting boring.

But this is just my opinion ofc. I just hope CCP will come back to their senses, but i fear the worst. They will probably keep milking eve, to fund new soon to be cancheled action mmo’s with that cash. Or come up with another crappy mobile game. This seems to be a trend in the gaming industry.

The point I’ve been trying to make is that my role, at least in the game, isn’t to rep CCP or to otherwise try to solve problems for CCP. That’s for them to do. My role is to represent players, pass on their concerns, identify problems for CCP to fix, and the like. I’m not a cheerleader, and I don’t really want to be.

But this is just my opinion ofc. I just hope CCP will come back to their senses, but i fear the worst. They will probably keep milking eve, to fund new soon to be cancheled action mmo’s with that cash. Or come up with another crappy mobile game. This seems to be a trend in the gaming industry.

They will not, we are way beyond that point, specially now that Pearl Abyss rides the boat.

i am afraid you are right, i hope for the best, but fear the worst.

I’m not a cheerleader

Literally the funniest thing you have ever said…

Define actual players…
Define active players.

When do players become relevant in your world?

When they log on every day?
When they log on 2 or 3 times a week?
When they log on 5 times a month?
When they log on once every couple of months?
When they have an active sub?

At what point do you decide you represent a player?

At what point do you decide to stop representing a player?

I’m just after a target figure to aim for so that players know when they’ll get a CSM members representation again, a CSM member that they might have actually voted for last time around…

Unlikely.

People who play the game.

People who login to the game on a regular basis. Regular basis meaning more than once a month.

When they play the game.

When they play the game.

When they stop playing the game or announce they are no longer going to play.

You’re making this a lot more difficult than it has to be. If you’re playing the game, I’m going to represent you and represent your concerns to CCP. If you’ve decided to quit, then I’m not going to do that. If you come back, I’d be happy to represent you again. But I’m not going to represent folks who have quit and just want to come to the forums with an alpha forum account to complain. That’s sucking up my attention when people who are actively logging in and playing can’t be heard over the noise.

But I’m not going to represent folks who have quit and just want to come to the forums with an alpha forum account to complain

So you do not consider that Alphas who have left because they are unhappy, no longer deserve a voice or be represented?

Again I refer to what you said earlier:

I’m not a cheerleader

Under that philosophy, I should be literally representing the entire planet because they all could potentially some day play EVE.

No.

Under that philosophy, I should be literally representing the entire planet because they all could potentially some day play EVE.

How is that even comparable when I deliberately selected Alphas as the reference… If I said any Joe Bloggs then your response would have fit, however that was not my question.

Care to answer it without the dismissive attitude?

So how exactly would you know someone has come back, do they send you an evemail?

I was logged on 10 minutes ago in Alpha state, does that cover it?

@Shipwreck_Jones

Really disappointing bro.

You became a sellout :pensive:

1 Like

did you not get banned for RMT stuff???

So you not really some 1 who should judge other people