If EVE was invaded by the Imperium of Man

New Eden also has unnumbered potential military. How many fanatics, marines etc… do just capsuleers have sitting in theire hangars? Heck, the measurement for an amount of military arms in new Eden is cubic meters. I think, while the Empire of man could do some significant damage, on the long run the economic powers of New Eden would win. New Eden could, after some setup, pop out a new Titan every other day for month if it sets its mind to it. How many Battleships can the empire produce per day on average? And, not to be underestimated; In space-combat, new Eden forces could always choose the time and date of engagement, as they just outmaneuver anything the empire can throw at it.

2 Likes

Everyone is forgetting the fact that ships In the wh40k universe are fragile and limited. In eve, we can pump out titans in a mere month whereas it takes decades for Mars to produce a battlecruiser. Not to mention they dont make them like they used to.

In the ground, yeah the imperium would wipe us out. But before they get to the ground, they need to travel by ship, they need to move food by ships, they need to move ammo by ship. Capsuleers are capable of forming thousand man fleets, so it should be trivial for NPCs to provide ten, hundred thousand strong fleets. Imperium doesnt stand a chance.

Also, lol @ warp vs warpgates. Near instantaneous travel between solar systems, that is nearly 100% fool proof, with the ability to fly around systems using conventional abilities vs an unreliable, time consuming warp with occasional gellar field collapse and time travel.

3 Likes

You mean like how the emperor wanted to unite and conquer the whole galaxy under the banner of atheism and have a web way that doesnt rely on passing through the warp? Yeah, remember how that turned out? I guess the emperor didnt want that after all.

Thing is, in a war of attrition, the eve universe is capable of pumping larger, stronger ships out faster than the imperium. The imperium would run out of ships faster than we would run out of men. And without ships, there is no way to transport men around. They could take over quite a few worlds, but that’s about it.

3 Likes

To be fair though, Im really unsure how well their ground forces would do if a New Eden destroyer is capable of planetary bombardment.

Also would psychic powers even work?

Also, see all those devices we have to manipulate mass? Lostech to the Imperium and a very easy way to crush a Battle Barge with its own girth.

1 Like

The funny thing is, for example when comparing star trek to star wars lore, despite the technology in star trek being arguably more advanced, the amount of power that each turbolaser cannon in star wars dishes out is actually incredibly high, so high that they would be able to take down the shields of a federation ship in a single shot. In theory, atleast. In reality it feels more that the star wars universe is making things up as they go along. I believe the comparison is like a hundred thousand gigawatts of power for a single turbo laser, versus a couple hundred gigawatts for the star wars phasers.

So if the imperium somehow have vastly more powerful weapons, then it might be more of a fair fight, but I dont think they do.

2 Likes

When faced with that perennial comparison, I generally err on the side of;

Yes the Star Wars Empire is far stronger than Star Fleet, but the fleet boys and girls always rely on brains and diplomacy first, so they might lose ships but they’d avoid defeat in some clever way where everyone learns a lesson.

Then Discovery happened.

RIP Fleet

1 Like

And yeah the most advanced things weapon wise the Imperium has is Plasma tech (Blasters basically), Large lasers (Volcano Cannon) and Nova weapons. Having used Nova Cannons before, I can say they are a long way from a Doomsday.

I suppose they have Vortex weapons, but these are canonically rare and limited in supply.

1 Like

We’d never survive the invasion of hiphop, social media and trash culture into EvE’s universe.

Ghetto destroys everything.

1 Like

Discovery ruined everything.

It’s difficult to know how powerful these are though, because the crunch and fluff for WH40k is always at odds with each other. Which is understandable, if the fluff were as accurate as the crunch, necrons would win every battle.

2 Likes

Imperium of Man invading EVE = EVE stomping the filthy apes easily.
EVE invading Imperium of Man? Not so fun for the capsuleers.
It’s not a matter of firepower, as the immortal shitlords have that to spare… the problem resides in the warp and the madness and whatnot.
Once a capsuleer goes batshit crazy because of the voices and the taint and all that during warp… well, that’s gonna stick even if they go all pod expressed. Trauma gets downloaded too. Eventually capsuleers would simply not be willing to go there, because there’s something that can permanently mess them up, despite immortality.
It’s worse than a stalemate to try to invade, because the lingering damage caused to those who tried would backlash onto New Eden in the form of permacrazed immortal shitlords.

2 Likes

We already have those :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

2 Likes

TNG > any Star Trek series before or after it.

/dons the flame suit.

2 Likes

Be Careful What You Wish For…

…You just might get it.

2 Likes

Tempting but still hate 40k.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for Ethan to realize they also have power gauntlet, able to open up a land raider like I opened my corn can yesterday.

1 Like

but did you lock it?

2 Likes

1 Like

FB_IMG_1561636259014

2 Likes

Nobody expects the Spanish…

Dammit, wrong inquisition.

1 Like