If you had 100 pilots at your disposal

Sure, if all one can ever do is overthinking things … (to put it mildly)
… then that someone has a point.

There’s a reason why everyone else has no issue answering the question …
… so I’ll just leave it at that, because it’s not worth it talking about it …
… and that also would just ruin it for the next guy.

I hope for more good answers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im just glad you liked my answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was a really good answer! :slight_smile:

1 Like

He’s had a lot of offers of help but turned them down. He doesn’t seem to want to fight back. Not even with Station weapons.

The Dital community is fairly well established afaik and he’s a popular guy, just too nice, and happy to roll over and move on. In his ‘end of Dital’ video he alludes to various political complications and the impossibility of defence.

Still I would like to land 100 ships behind the current cocky attacking fleet and swat them off the map.

Hm. Doesn’t deserve sympathy, then.

I like that. You mean well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ganking. So much ganking. Not because there’s any greater purpose in-game, just to maximize the tears and forum whines I can generate.

2 Likes

Ok, I have to agree with him on this one.

Personally I would do a grand Mining Op. 75 miners 10 DPS 5 tacklers 5 logi. That’s me XD

1 Like

Yeah, absolutely.
You can’t?

Well … yeah.

Ignoring all the other things I could do …

If they’re all just sitting in station …
… and you don’t allow them to communicate with others …
… don’t allow them to accept well timed Station-Trades …
… don’t allow them to accept contracts …
… then I’ll be having a hard time figuring it out.

Unless, of course, you just want them to log off …
… but that’s cheating! : - )

Name and describe the mechanisms of operation of an objective, a play style, or a player run event you would execute on with the (hypothetically magical) assurance that 100 players playing 1 character each would be motivated to support it and follow your instructions for a one month duration.

1 Like

You’re talking about something else here, namely you state what you want to do first, then hope you’ll gather enough people to do it with you. I wouldn’t ask the participants what they’d like to do in that case, it would make no sense.

Actually, I did precisely that during the campaign against ICANP already. I stated what I was going to do, leaving it open for others to join.

But that’s not the situation described in the OP… The situation described in the OP is completely unrealistic and my point is that it makes no sense to even discuss it without considering the implications of the participants supposed to be actual human beings, not bots…

Unrealistic isn’t a fair assessment - it is a thought experiment. I’m sure that Bill Gates could find 100 people to do whatever he wanted while he played the game.

100is not enough to make a difference in game. “If” the 100 were willing to fly to Iceland and protest outside of CCP’s headquarters for whatever bitch you have, then it it might mean something.

Sorry.

And do you think the resulting experience would be the same regardless of what each of the participants thoughts, feelings and expectations are? Or do you think the resulting experience would all depend greatly on those human factors?

You are just too nice, KM.

Most of the human race is more than content bossing other people around, regardless of their feelings, for their own enrichment. One might even say that it is human nature.

There is more to it than being nice. It’s a matter of emotional intelligence and thinking in the long term. It’s a matter of realising the relationships you might establish in the long term doing this might turn up to be more important, enjoyable, useful even, than whatever you might accomplish during that month of mindlessly following orders…

Perhaps I wouldn’t be too far off if I paraphrased your approach this?

“If I had 100 pilots at my disposal, I would try to make friends with them.”

2 Likes

Best reply yet.

1 Like

Kind of, but not exactly. Note that some players, interestingly enough the OP too, have claimed at times I’m socially inept, which I have to say I find hilarious seeing how he reacted to my reply, but whatever…

To be precise, I would try to make friends with some of them, not all, and that is where knowing what their thoughts, wishes, feelings and expectations would come into play…