If you had 100 pilots at your disposal

Im just sayin Joe Stalin managed to get many times 100 people to do just exactly what he wanted quite a lot of the time.

2 Likes

That’s incorrect and history disagrees with you, but anyway …
How would you even know? No offense intended, just curious.

It’s actually surprisingly easy, even if you’re not a sociopath/psychopath or however they’re called nowadays.

I know of one great historical example I’m not going to name to not give anyone ideas …
… because that’d be horrifically stupid.

I used to have a hundred pilots at my disposal at one point. Then a senior GM messaged me to tell me that while he was incredulously amazed at what I’ve done, I’m in fact not allowed to administer a fully-functional harem in EVE Online.

1 Like

Please tell us more about this …
… harem … *cough*
… and how you managed to attract a GMs attention!

Maybe several GMs were part of the harem then a senior GM took notice and out of jealousy shut the whole operation down when he was rejected entry when he applied to join. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Btw, Destiny …

We have tons of new japanese players now …
… if you get what I’m saying. : - )

If you’ve ever wondered why there were more characters made with anime girl names around 2012 than usual, this is why. Everyone had to go through a “re-education” regimen, and voice filters were mandatory.

Man, I really miss being called “senpai”.

What a marvellous idea!

I’d totally throw an alt into this myself just to see how that works out.
No worry, she’ll be good looking. :slight_smile:

Okay. You’re gonna have to learn what a “yandere” is, and start doing lots of practice. Also, go on a diet if you have to, and get some appropriate clothing and makeup - import if necessary. We’ll have you do a dry run via webcam when I start having more free time again around the holidays, to know if you’re ready.

Also you’re gonna need at least a 90% efficiency in zKill.

*reads above post*

WHAT WAIT NO WAY!
OKAY!

NOW I get how you’ve managed to attract the GM’s attention!

Some men just want to watch the world burn

Thats why they need to have tattooed-on eyebrows and cant grow a manly beard.

We call them “hipsters”

In rl, yes, but in the game? There are enough 100 person corps that if something spectacular was able to be accomplished, we would have heard about it more.

I don’t. But if 100people wanted to put themselves at my disposal, I would want to do something spectacular with that gift.

I chose a peaceful protest simply because I thought Iceland was a peaceful county with few protests and it would be a newsworthy event. A quick google search shows I was wrong. They seem to protest all the time for almost any reason over there! :crazy_face:

1 Like

It’s as if you believed everyone’s potentially destined to greatness.
No. Far from it.

You’re not thinking this through. Silent Company has a few hundreds of people active at the same time,
but there’s no coherence, vision or actual leadership, else we’d notice.

Mike Azariah could easily amass a fleet of 200 people if he just asked …
… but that’s not happening, because he neither has interest nor any idea what for anyway.

99.999% of all people out there are just … generic. They’re not ever going to achieve anything that affects a majority of people in any significant way. They’re cogs, keeping the wheels turning. That’s great as is, because these people are needed, but that’s all they are or ever going to be.

Having 100 people, who would fly with you, means nothing when your sole goal is “having fun”.
That’s great for them, sure, but it’s pretty meaningless in terms of actually achieving anything.

On the other hand take Brave Newbies. When they started they were literally a huge bunch of newbies,
but they had someone competent on top, who also was literally a newbie, but he knew what to actually do with these people!

If this whole thread isn’t enough of a hint for you …
… pushing you towards properly rethinking your position
… then I don’t actually know what else to tell you.

Being generic is the best way to be happy, grateful, and successful. “Great” people are unable to be content with normal rewards, so they have to go to insane lengths and do outrageous stuff to satisfy their own needs. Greatness is not something that generic people should envy.

I’m not talking about megalomaniacs or wannabe dictators.

Chribba is one of the greats,
just like Cannibal Kane.

Both are absolutely nice guys happy with what they achieved …
… and they were not even aiming for greatness.

There’s people who think they’re destined to greatness …
… and when they actually achieve it, they’ll look for even greater greatness …
… but that’s a flaw in their personality. They’re compensating assholes.

But … yeah. Generic people have it easier being happy.
Mediocrity is easily achieved.

I’d have them go NRDS and fight for Providence.

1 Like

Awww I can’t write my idea … :frowning:
… because everyone would hate me for it. :frowning:

You would go to Pochven and PvE?

Well, I’m not sure what your getting at then. I’m not looking for “greatness”, all I wanted to do with 100 ppl was draw attn to the game in rl.

Go for broke! :crazy_face:

1 Like