[IKAME] Semiki investigative work

The implicit ‘or else’ is still a threat. Remember, this is the feckless thug who ordered an unarmed DST destroyed as some sort of imminent threat. An unarmed ship!

CONCORD is clearly the enemy here. There may be other ones, but right now, at the fore, it’s CONCORD.

Yes it can. C5-6 and Thera all accept Freighters of all types.

1 Like

So, Mr. Galente?

First, the last time someone associated with ARC took a defiant stance towards CONCORD, they started in with the swiftly-escalating consequences. Second, I’m not sure we as capsuleers are ever actually outside CONCORD jurisdiction; just their easy reach.

Third, Anoikis might be away from CONCORD but there’s no guarantee that whatever they’re worried about is going to fail to happen or even fail to hapen catastrophically just because it’s a bit out of the way.

I’m not saying ARC should just capitulate, but … I mean … hm. Maybe I am.

Either way I don’t think taking the potentially-astoundingly-dangerous problem somewhere and thumbing noses is the answer.

1 Like

If CONCORD can’t deign to tell us just what the frik danger they think these things actually present, then I can’t be arsed to give a fetid fedo fart about their demands. ‘Ohhh, they’re dangerous! They’re dangerous! But, you know, we’ll let you guys keep playing with them until you tell us how many you have. And we’re not gonna tell you how many of them shouldn’t be kept in one place, or what to prepare for in case the ‘catastrophic failure’ happens in the next 5 days’.

It’s bull, Aria. It’s them deciding ‘no, you might actually figure something out with that much, and we want to do that. So give them to us, so we can hang onto that many in one spot and get to the bottom of them’.

CONCORD shows its face on this, kill them.

3 Likes

Potentially-astoundingly-dangerous for who, though? CONCORD has made it abundantly clear in the past that they’ve never enjoyed us messing about with any sorts of precursor things, and the warnings upon our first entry to the abyss suggest more that CONCORD fears us taking the side of the Triglavians (though perhaps not completely willingly, making the danger of stockpiling the Datastreams possibly real - especially given the Astromancer incident).

If the “danger” here is the possibility of attracting the eyes of the Collective, I’d say to go for it and see what happens - they’ve only been shown to want to expel the Drifters from their own space, and to be teasing about in light interactions with us capsuleers - possibly to better their own knowledge. With CONCORD’s capture of one of their vessels, my first assumption is that they don’t want to be friendly with these Abyssal inhabitants - a goal which would be furthered by preventing any of us from making significant contact with them.

3 Likes

Well. Isn’t this something to behold.

My unsolicited opinion: Just turn the crap over. I’m as wary of Drust and CONCORD’s truthfulness as anyone, but there’s one line that sticks out to me:

To me, this comes across almost as a plea. A vague and coded plea, but a plea nonetheless. If Drust knew how to make emotional pleas, he’d be in a different line of work.

We can speculate on what he’s referring to, but ultimately, we don’t know. Maybe there’s something to this; maybe he’s lying so he can get his grubby hands on the goods. And if this were in empty space, I’d say go for it, stockpile that ■■■■, and hope it leads to the finest damn space rodeo the cluster has ever seen.

But as a reminder, ARC, and every other capsuleer organization that’s now involved, including mine, is in Semiki to protect lives. Lives that were endangered, no less, by an attack that may involve this very technology.

Now is not the time to gamble on CONCORD’s intentions.

7 Likes

If it’s so dangerous, they can surely explain why. If they cannot bring themselves to swallow their pride enough to do that, then why should I believe there is catastrophic risk if they don’t seem to care enough to do such a simple and courteous thing as offer explanation?

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of someone taking a Jump Freighter into C5 space for good reason.

Not because it’s impossible, but because it’s stupid.

I’m sorry, Mr. Galente, but this doesn’t follow at all. If explaining why also explains how, and explaining how allows weaponization …

… it might be very important not to explain why.

3 Likes

If they can’t find a way to demonstrate that this is the case, then it’s on them. That argument basically just says “trust anyone who asks anything of you without telling you why, because they MIGHT have a reason for it.” No. If they have a good reason they can provide some form of confirmation of their intents, motivation and reasons. If they can’t provide said confirmation, ■■■■’em. There’d be literally no reason at all to trust what they say.

3 Likes

Well, yes… but it can be done.

Then give 'em to me. I’ll schlep 'em out to null and flip CONCORD the bird.

I am not sure that baiting CONCORD to pay attention to your show is what you actually want to do, sister.

1 Like

I can’t believe I’m saying this but… Far be it from me to advise people on matters of legality given the rumored tenuous relationship between warclones and SARO, right? But I strongly recommend you do what the nice man in the black armor says.

CONCORD is by and large a reactionary force, not a proactive one. For them to go out of their way to break SOP by having one of their lead commanders request these artifacts would constitute either an immense imbalance of power or an outright existential threat to the cluster at wide.

Maybe when the DED hints at a major cataclysm resulting from hordeing precursor artifacts that we barely understand you should take them at face value considering the last time this happened my kind collectively “went 514” and instigated violence and chaos on an galactic scale. Violence that led to wholesale purges of anyone employing the technology regardless of their mental state that, while constituting genocide against my people, probably prevented far greater chaos and destruction that the cluster would have been completely unprepared for.

Historically speaking, to not comply isn’t just selfish and arrogant but outright negligent and puts the entirty of the cluster at risk.

3 Likes

Maybe things were different where you grew up, but I learned very quickly that if someone doesn’t trust me, I cannot trust them.

1 Like

Or a bit of information they don’t want the public to know.

They have a history of doing this. If it weren’t for The Scope having some balls and leaking the footage, we would’ve never known about Hilen Tukoss and had some advanced notice for the Drifter hives. They tried to bury that too. They screwed Lucas Raholan over something similar to this, that was not a threat to the cluster. They did it with Valerie. They do it a lot

2 Likes

All they had to do, was to ask me nicely instead of being rude.

2 Likes

It is obvious to me that these artifacts belong in the hands of the most forward-thinking, honorable, and holy politician in all of New Eden – Sa-Baron @Alar_Chakaid.

Only he would have the courage to employ these artifacts in the great issue of our time – suppressing slave revolts. Perhaps an Emergent Threat Case Red Gamma Incident Class A would be sufficient to suppress a city-scale slave revolt, while a Class B would be needed for a Provincial scale revolt, while a Class AB Incident could suppress a slave revolt on a planetary scale. Empirical testing will be required to determine the number and type of artifacts needed to suppress each size of slave revolt, of course, and I know of no better leader to carry out such testing on live slaves while ignoring the bleating of liberal activists than the Sa-Baron.

I propose to all my fellow Amarr Loyalists that we plot to acquire these artifacts by whatever means required, open or deceptive, and then we supply them to Sa-Baron Chakaid. Amen. Amarr Victor.

No, please die.

8 Likes

Well, well, well.
So the possible solutions are only two, either give them for research or give them to CONCORD.
Absolutely no point in hiding them away, it will solve nothing and just delay the inevitable, whether that be CONCORD doing something and retrieving them or the trinary stuff coalesces into a 7 headed monster and eats us all, whatever comes first, that is.

So, what will ARC choose?
Delivering them to the researchers to see CONCORD retrieve them and sanction ARC or deliver them to CONCORD directly?

I see really only one option here.

1 Like

Fighting 7 headed monsters could be fun though.

3 Likes