INCURSION CHANGES

It is becoming increasingly obvious that some of these Trolls do not have our hobby ( IV-IV ) in their best interests. I think that they’re actually saboteurs. Rival games are now showing after all.

And…

It doesn’t take a genius to spot ’ Hey, 60-odd players, leave the game! ’ being detrimental to EVE. And yet here we are. EVE, once vast, reduced to a smash & grab. Someone backed the wrong team I’d say.

I think it’s time to start banning the saboteur accounts that show up in these threads.

So you want to ban people who have a different opinion than you do?

I think telling 60 players to leave the game should be a ban-able offence, yes.

This is a multi-theme multi-activity sandbox. That means multiple themes AND multiple activities.

I have read the instructions correctly, of that I am sure.

Incursion is big ISK sure, but… It’s also repetitive. To the point where your brain oozes out of your ears. Easy it is not.

Which is why you mix it with other activities. As well as mixing up what sites you run.

For example: get ISK from Incursion, go bash Trigs, get half of your loot stolen, but you can still afford to replace a loss.

The big issue is when you can’t afford to replace losses any more. That’s when you go into decline, and possibly go out of business.

I totally agree that some of the Rich Kids are trouble. Seriously. But telling 60 happy players to leave, when they aren’t even earning the best ISK, is… Not the best.

1 Like

Good thing I never told anyone to leave EVE (ITT).

So, hold on. Anytime people are smack talking in Local and someone says “biomass” or “uninstall”, they should be banned?

About that…

Smack-talk is smack-talk, but with these changes we have newbs who are struggling. And EVE needs newbs. Telling them to try another game is… Not the best.

Maybe find another game.

Find another game.

One of these things is not like the other.

This is an interesting point.

Nerfing the Krabs ( see other threads etc ) is about forcing us to PLEX ( which won’t work for A LOT of people ), but… Apparently average log-in is now below 20k, with rival games rising. All going well there then, if you’re a saboteur…

Whoever is deciding that the answer to EVE’s newbie issue is to break it is… Probably not the best of advisers. #JustSayin. Help the newbs sure, but you have to use real Economic levers to run an Economy.

As for TDF Pilots moaning about spawns, well, armour currently can’t be beaten. Well, not much anyway. Why would they then moan? Shield Fleets I get, as dodging the massive armour bias is much harder now, but why moan if you are armour?

Strange old world. It’s like people want to smash up my hobby, and I’d rather they didn’t…

Shield fleets are still very competitive, NGA for instance run shield and are extremely strong.

1 Like

Ah, I R WTM. We just get squished, as we are not so Formula 1 in our plays ( chasing tiny %'s ).

I’m banned from TDF anyway. As I was part of the crowd who didn’t like Formula 1-style play.

As for the future of WTM I am not high command. I just fly. Politics, for me, is done elsewhere. I like the diversity in WTM on ship hulls, but this nerf hit us hard sadly.

Still, such is life.

If you look at F1 ( the sport ) you can see the dynamic.

S/He who gets the lead generally holds all season, unless something big happens.

I’m hoping that the Drifters drop something interesting soon I have to say.

Translate that to ISK, & bring in the 'shak & Nestor. All the shinies are soon accrued. Because Tower-killers are useful in 2/3 sites.

So, almost three months later. And it is still this way. Are you still confident?

A raft of changes throughout Null were specifically to turn down the ISK facets in Null. The real reason this has happened - is to turn down the ISK facet in high-sec. All of the rest of the talk is just smoke and mirrors.

If the sky was really falling, then Incursions would end. Which should not happen. Incursions help players form connections - which is the primary key to longevity in the game.

Although I will be curious to see what happens when an Incursion comes to an island.

Have a look at the July MER. I don’t recall much movement in the incursion line at all over the last 6 month’s. June was a bit down, but July was back up. If anything it’s been crossing that 0.4t a day line more since this started than it has for the last couple of years.
So overall incursion isk is flowing at similar rates to what it was before the changes.

Invasions could do with staying in one place longer but are seeming to get run and the heavier sites have picked up larger fleets also.

So… Yeah, I stick by my initial comments of the sky not falling.

IMO incursions is stagnated farmville that if kept need change from current static sites to dynamic ones spawn and location wise.
They pay better than anything really and are contained within sites
Pure
Predictable
Grind

1 Like

This.

I don’t think Incursions should change, as I see them as ‘space mining’ anomalies. But… If you follow the ‘chasing tiny percentages’ formula then you’ll get bored soon enough. You’ll want to fly a different ship, someone will say no because of a tiny 1% difference in something, & slowly-but-surely you’ll lose the will to live.

A good FC can help, as can a good team, but Incursion is Incursion. A very useful tool for rebuilding after a big hit, with the price-tag being the repetition.

It’s Toxic players that harm Incursions. The fleets have SRP, and if the wrong person controls that then a Fleet gets Toxic pretty quickly. They may call it ‘efficiency’, but if you aren’t efficient enough you get squished.

It’s why some of us stick with WTM, and avoid the ‘tiny percentages’ agenda. A ‘non-contest’ fleet.

But…

With the Leshak & Nestor so powerful it’s a lot harder to be a chilled-out space-miner now. And if EVE is ‘stress everywhere’ then the ‘space-miners’ will leave.

There has to be some ‘basic mining’ for people. Not everywhere, obviously, but in some places. Especially with this Null rebalance. I am using Incursion more again, as Null is a bit too rough for me at present. It’s a useful option.

I’d be more worried about those who do nothing but fly Incursion. I dread to think what’s happened there. A grind is a grind, sure, sometimes you have to; but perma-grind is… A bit weird if you ask me.

OP is wanting more spawns. I understand the need for more diversity & a bit less ISK, but…

I had to think about this one. It’s all about inflation. How prices are going up etc.

Well, they have to. That’s capitalism ( EVE’s system ). Prices go up, because it is currently harder to get stuff in Null. Supply & demand. The real question is can a newb keep up? Incursion-runners, even part-timers like myself, are loaded. Newbs need to be able to keep up.

Which takes us into the realms of newbie bashing. Baby-seal Clubbing. If a newb can’t afford the losses then it’s unlikely they’ll see EVE as a slot-machine. They’ll just leave. As the new owners said, who wants to fly for 6 months constantly losing? The old days of EVE only worked because the bigger players were only 2 yrs ahead on skill queues. Now the gap is 10 yrs. It’s quite the gap to close. I know injectors make it harder to judge this, but even so. Big fish are VERY big these days, compared to a decade ago.

And as I have said above, Incursion Fleets are newbie friendly generally. Useful ISK for newbs.

I agree on the stagnation. But that’s the price-tag for an ISK supply that pays. EVE is hard.

Just a shame that my crew took the biggest hit, but the tech balance may come back our way in the future. I enjoy space-mining. We can’t always be PvP-junkies ( adrenaline junkies ). Where is the down-time when we replace our losses, if not for stuff like Incursion?

1 Like

You know for like 90% of incursions lifespan armour was inferior and couldn’t even hope to contest right?

Armour didn’t run HQ’s. They were flattened at VG level, because of the Tama-shield factor.

Armour is better at HQ’s. The lack of Tamas compared to…

If there was data of Armour vs Shield at HQ, pre-Nestor ( and DEFINITELY pre-Leshak ), then that would be interesting.

Armour absolutely used to run HQ’s.
It was nothing to do with the NPC’s, it was to do with being contested out of the sites constantly by shield fleets because they just couldn’t match the shield DPS. Armour communities shrank and went to VG’s & Assaults because they actually got to get sites as a result.

Ah, before my time.

And yes, Deeps is a factor with Armor.

And now it has gone the other way. Squishing us space-miners.

My own view is that the non-contestors will have to step down at times, but I’m not High Command with my crowd.

Amusingly, the fact that Armour is now so dominant still confirms that their pilots moaning about 1 spawn is just daft. Us space-miners should be moaning more :smiley:

Considering it looks like more isk is being made despite only 1 spawn I don’t think anyone really has cause to moan at all.

2 Likes

I do recognise the ISK & Ore Mountains of Null.

Slowly but surely I am accepting that Wormholes are high risk high reward, after seeing some rather-lively eviction battle-reports.

But yes, I agree, Incursions are… A bit too easy in old format. Just my view.

As for those who do nothing but Incursion, well, I think they missed a memo on what is possible in EVE.