INCURSION CHANGES

I think you missed my point.
Incursion isk income is actually trending up slightly in the last 3 months (a low june excluded). It’s been peaking over 0.4t a day regularly in that time frame, where as it hasn’t done that on any consistent basis for years.

The Leshak & Nestor certainly were game-changers.

Check the dates.

Armor just hammers the better sites now.

Now factor in people moving to Incursion for ‘easy ISK’ & you won’t be short of Logi preventing you from undocking.

I personally think that that is the 'shak-Nestor effect, mixed with a few more people looking for easy ISK.

We shouldn’t stop talking about this issue

1 Like

I’ve never done incursions- but I know it’s possible to make a lot of income doing them. Do incursions also come with a lot of risk as well?

If incursions are high reward- but low risk, maybe they do need to be reduced (or adjusted).

If incursions are high risk, then I don’t see an issue with them, and I’m not sure why they would have been reduced.

Over the years i’ve seen officer fit nightmares die because there broadcast for reps didn’t go through. I’ve seen fleets whelp in TCRC to cloake smartbombing BS. I’ve seen players ganked on acceleration gates by Talos or hecate fleets. There was actually a fleet of 40 tornadoes only a couple of weeks ago trying to gank people.

Everytime the focus moves someone loses a shiney BS and every time the focus moves from one side of highsec to the other guaranteed someone loses a bowhead full of ships in Niarja or Uedema. Then there’s the mass wardec were someone comes into the incursion channel and just wardecs everyone they can. Which does actually catch some people out and gets them killed.

That’s even before contests were two fleet go in to a site and the one that wins gets the payout.

Compared to carrier ratting in null the rewards CAN BE better (you need to be in the right fleet) but there is more risk IMO.

Only downside of the change is a lower guarantee of a weekend spawn and tbh that doesn’t bother me, there’s other things to do in game.

The higher density of players is good, eve is about conflict whether direct or financial pvp. Contesting for the best sites is the epitome of how high sec pve should work and it’s basically ended the 40 boxed fleet situation since they can’t compete with unique players.

2 Likes

/me coughs

Yeah yeah, I’ve flown against gankers. It does happen.

As does the odd Concord Party.

But High Sec is not Null. You are certainly safer in High Sec compared to Incursioning in Null.

Which does mean that the Carrier Ratting point made is true. Safer, but pays slightly less unless you have some tasty skills.

This is where I see a problem. The 'Shak Nestor effect is so powerful that shields are… Struggling. Which means that all the fast big isk goes to the best fleet ( Armor at present ) and… Everyone else starts to get left behind.

If all you have to do is play ‘count the Leshaks’ to know if you can win or not then it’s not that stimulating.

This is leshak problem only in part there is no shield alternative and there isn’t shield rep Nestor.
These ships got in game with 5 years apart safe to say it is CCP who is ok with this armor only push.
If within decade or so of incursions existence CCP just once changed sites to let say exclude tower bashes leshak wouldn’t be so cancerous…
Some nerfs to trig "we are not even joking OP"are comin you just need to wait for CCP 5 years give or take a year.

Or you hope for the Caldari ( who are getting their EWAR nerfed all the time ) to get a buff in some way ( subtle hint CCP ).

Either that or prey that the Drifters drop something interesting.

You can fit leshaks for shield.

Arguably the greater issue is nestors since 3 fewer logi on grid means an extra 10k of spooled up dps, but then shield fleets should be doing more raw dps on each ship anyways

Since you’re mostly comparing WTM to TDF the answer is simply that fits, skills and pilot ability are the determinant factors. A fleet of alphas with meta guns quite frankly doesn’t deserve to win contests against a fleet where everyone has 3b+ in implants, a 5b+ fit and probably also another 20m+/hr spent on drugs.

1 Like

I know. I fly one.

Yes, & no. Yes for WTM, but the other fleets also take newbs on. So hopefully it balances.

As for the ‘no poors’ argument that’s the boredom of TVP. It takes ages to make a perfect toon, & a ton of ISK with it. And if you are the ‘poors’ you won’t get big ISK. So you get left behind more & more, as the Rich Kids race off into the lead. The Rich Kids, to my knowledge, are TDF. OP moaning about one spawn.

The balance is out.

Null mechanics is Null mechanics. If the Rich Kids don’t die then who will re-buy the big shines?

Which leaves Armor with the advantage still ( teh Nestor ) in a ganky situation. Well, to my knowledge anyway.

You know the balance was the other way in shields favour for the whole lifespan of incursions till the last few months right?

Yup, I know. I fly in a non-contest crowd.

Armor is best for Lasers ( mostly HQ ) because of the resist bias.

Shield is best for Tama Torps ( mostly VG ) because of the shield profile bias.

Just hoped that they’d make it more even-stevens, instead of OTT the other way.

Such is life.

We dodge contests in WTM anyway.

Yes, that’s pretty much it.

Now factor in how the Leshak can operate further from Logi in a group, because they can help each other out with Remote Armor Reps. Shields can’t do that.

It’s ‘count the Leshaks’ for tower sites, and for the NRF ‘he who gets the most Occult onto sniper targets’.

Until Empire science catches up we appear to be stuck with it.

Right and as I already stated. You can fit leshaks for shield.

No, there is no rep bonus for Shields on a Leshak.

1 Like

Leshak reps are used in the event of a nestor DC and that’s about it. They’re never considered when an FC is looking at minimum logi to take a site

Or… The Armor crowd like the advantage, & don’t want to lose it.