INCURSION CHANGES

You just obviously don’t understand how battlereps are used, so I’m not even going to continue that discussion until you have experience with them. And fwiw I fly both comps and have flown with WTM for over 5 years now.

WTM is not a competitive fleet composition, even for shield. This is why they used to lose to TVP all the time (and ISN as well before that)

The day WTM undocks a fleet purely comprised of vindis, nightmares and leshaks with 3x basis and 5x triple/quad link scimis then you can start considering that maybe it’s down to base ship stats (although you still need to also assume that those DPS ships are using T2 guns, faction fit and pilotted by people with heads full of implants and drugs and more than 5m SP).

What would be interesting would be a new elite shield community flying optimally and seeing how they compare. NGA are able to hold off contests in TCRCs by flying vindi heavy (basically the tower melts before spooled up Leshaks are able to overtake the vindis damage output) and I wouldn’t say they’re even managing to fly fully blinged out since they still have rattlesnakes and domis on grid as drone sponges.

You guys have been killing Sansha by the millions and billions for years now. You blow up their motherships and win every battle. Now there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth because there are fewer Sansha invaders for you to formulaically massacre in high sec for outrageous rewards.

If CCP was doing things right then the Sansha Incursions would have only lasted 3-6 months and then there would have been some other PvE activity to do.

It surprises me that you guys love doing the same exact PvE activities over and over and over again with near-zero risk.

1 Like

Why don’t you just run Invasions?

Because they’re ■■■■ and the payout is mainly in loot and salvage.

Trying to figure out who gets paid what over several hours involving god knows how many pilots is a logistical nightmare. That’s before you even sell the crap on the market.

It’s fine if you run with a small group regular but when you have communities of hundreds of players it’s to much work and hassle.

I genuinely wanted the trig invasions to replace incursions as I’m sick to death of running the same sites. In fact i was really really looking forward to them. As they stand though they’re a massive pile of dogshite.

To add insult to injury CCP nerfed the ■■■■ out of incursions by reducing the spawn rate. That has cost EVE hundreds if not thousands of regular players.

1 Like

My understanding is that TDF still win A LOT. That is the Armor edge.

As I have said, ignore WTM. We fly for fun.

1 Like

the correct response to CCP fixing incursions is “thank you CCP for giving me years of risk-free farming” not “BRING THEM BACK OR I’M UNSUBBING”

3 Likes

also who plays eve online for incursions

like are you just grinding up ISK to buy better ships to grind up ISK with?

what’s the end goal

Some people like the group PVE activity. Really it is the only big group PVE activity in the game. For example, I don’t run incursions that much these days. But I’ve always really enjoyed Logi, and outside of big null fights incursions have been the best way to play that style.

I never really ran incursions for the isk. I did it for a fun chill group activity.

I’m Alpha on my Null toon. I fly Incursions on my High Sec toon to keep it Omega.

I’m pro-subscription for the record, just poor at the minute.

Incursions are group fun, jokes on comms, & useful ISK.

It pays for the rest of my game too.

The Repetition does frag your brain, but if you like Mining in big fleets it’s fairly similar. Once you’re well practiced anyway.

Fun is fun shrugs.

Shields got the self reppers, armour got the logi. It just isn’t very viable to fly shield unless CCP adds better shield logi (with actual bonuses), other than that shield logi are a bit crappy but they get the job done. But if CCP adds proper shield logi I would say we are ■■■■■■ lol. RIP armour incursions. Shield communities will no longer need lots of logi on grid.

1 Like

Run level 4/5 missions in frigate/cruiser fleets. Takes about 40 dudes and logi.

Ok big group PVE that also makes a decent income. I’m sure fig fleet missions are fun but cant make much isk/hr

Ahhh I see. It’s just about the ISK.

Of course not. But if you want to reduce it to a black or white issue and end the conversation there be my guest.

This is EVE so isk generation is an important factor. It is not the only factor.

Incursions make good income, therefore they are popular. As a result there are multiple active communities built up around them. I can easily get approved fitting ideas, head to the area, hop in chat and be in a fleet pretty quickly and with relative ease.

invasions as I have heard are not as good isk. But they are still good and as such also have some communities built up around them. It seems smaller but I can still find a group and get into a fleet should I want to.

Where are the frigate running Level 4 mission communities? I haven’t found them. As such how exactly am I gonna get 40 people together to run these fleets. At least how in a relatively short amount of time so we aren’t all wasting hours just getting the people together only to have half say they can’t play any longer yada yada?

Personally that sounds super fun. I’d be down to fly frigate logi (I love logi). but I don’t have the free time to spend more time finding the fleet than time actually flying with the fleet.

1 Like

Well you said you did incursions for the group content… When I suggested group missions you turned it right down saying it doesn’t make enough money. So we clearly see that you prioritize the income over the group content.

You could also do C5/C6 sites in a group, or Emerging Conduits. You can also form your own group mission community. But I know, it’s such a drag when content isn’t just handed to you ready made.

Yes I do Incursions for the group content. I make my isk in non-flying ways so pretty much all of my time in space is doing things I enjoy. I’ve never run incursions for the isk.

I’ve spent much of my career in WH space so yea I’ve done that group content as well.

Emerging conduits are fun.

None of these match the fleets of incursions. WH space, even the high end are largely capital blap fests. Emerging conduits don’t need logi.

I will give you that I did not elaborate well enough in my reply. The issue is not that it doesn’t make enough isk. It is that low isk ventures do not garner the popularity to be practical. Of course I explained that in great detail in my above reply which you simply ignored so I can see you don’t seem to have interest in actual discussion on the topic, you just want to troll or something to that effect.

I don’t need things handed ready made. I also am not going to waste time trying to make something happen that would never work because the idea is just too unpopular for anyone to take interest in.

MarkeeDragon just did a 40 man frigate fleet L4/5 fleet the other day man.

Problems have solutions, but you don’t seem interested in them.

Wow, you are either a grade a troll, lack reading comprehension, or are simply confusing me with someone else.

First off, I don’t have any problems. My reply that started this was a very specific answer to someone else’s question and nothing more.

Using MarkeeDragon as your example is a completely disingenuous. He is a popular streamer who streams for what 5-6 hours at a time? He can garner people to do all kinds of crazy activities simply because people want to be on his stream. That does not translate to an activity being so popular that some nobody can post in local and hope to have the same success.

That’s the end of our discussion I guess. Take care. :wave:

1 Like

Called it.

Was fun while it lasted.

1 Like