INCURSION CHANGES

Exactly! Invasion is a great idea, but again a good idea is wiped out, because it was not thought enough about how it would interact with the rest of the content. Typical for CCP.

If they had made “invasions” bether of the incursions, players would prefer them instead of having to restrict their choice.

3 Likes

For someone who has played eve on and off and a number of years and has just made eve their fulltime game and decided to get into incursions via training/ships/fits, This is a kick in the guts!! futhermore all the incursion community is outraged by the lack of spawns and herein lies the problem!! i’ve experianced alot of players vowing the revoke their PAID subs as incursions are a very social aspect of eve online and this is extremely important to said playerbase. So please CCP consider your approaching losses here and the follow-on effect (friends follow friends with online gaming) Dont think i can spell it out more for you than poor business decision…

4 Likes

This is the most infuriating aspect of this nerf, they are deliberately restricting my choice of game play!

2 Likes

Came back after a 5 year hiatus and was looking for content that was social, welcoming and allowed me to get back into the swing. Incursions offers some decent risk, while being rewarding in all other aspects. It is great Fleet training and allows leaders to lead. High Sec Incursions are the only way to introduce people to this. Reducing the number of spawns is really restricting a whole wing of Eve players from reaching any form of potential. Many won’t get experience outside of huge conflict, in which they will be drastically under-prepared. I wish I had Incursion experience before my first Null fleets.

2 High Sec Incursion spawns should be the minimum. Ideally it should be 3 so that there is always 2. Low Sec needs 1-2. Null 2-3.

What work, investigation, statistical review, community testing or other reasonable change management was performed before making this change? This is not pushing or steering new content. It is removing old, proven content that was being utilised.

I feel that this knee jerk change require rectification. Vote 1: More High Sec Incursions.

6 Likes

Perfect. now that the only high sec focus is down we have to wait for the content we enjoy playing to re-spawn.

CCP you cant force people to play your game. This is our sandbox, not yours!

Fix our content please!

Regards

4 Likes

■■■■ Off

1 Like

Have nice a day too :joy:

Fleet-level PVE where?

1 Like

honestly i just started out incursions a while ago and had tons of fun doing them and Meeting new People to also engange in other Content with(Industry/pve/pvp) and now with such a ninja nerf and no comment by any ccp rep anywhere to be seen im just plainly disappointed by the lack of communication. Back in the day stuff like that used to be communicated by ccp and People like falcon made Statements when Players said their concern.

Blockquote

They would make just as much money as ever, even moreso in fact, because no one would pay for the game with ISK anymore. Do you honestly believe CCP cares if players who never pay for their subscriptions with real currency leave the game?

Blockquote

Those non-paying players consume $20 worth of plex each month, a monthly subscription is worth $15, i don’t think ccp will be happy to lose them. They also provide game for the hunters, an even empty new eden would do well to no one.

Another valid well written view point by an FC in the incursion community:
Warp To Me (The Gateway Drug of New Eden) and the "Invasions"

4 Likes

We have made our feelings clear CCP and you can’t be bothered to respond to your players.
So I will use a language you understand I will not be subbing my accounts again nor will i purchase plex on the market.
NO MORE MONEY FOR YOU

3 Likes

there are only 26 users on this forum 23 on another and 5+ chat chanls plus comments here and there on youtube chat boxes. Need moar peoples

why my replies not working

2 Likes

CCP be aware that if you disrespect your players you may lose your player base.

3 Likes

if you going to take away content pls add the new stuff faster…

With you there nuabi

ok so why is ccp being retarded again, so if you guys mess up invasion that total crap and they nefting the spawn rate of incursion that makes no sense so I thought ccp as company like people playing their game not making stop playing the game, why don’t you just stop all pve content because the pve content at this point so crap that stale that you guys couldn’t even deliver invasion that made it fun you screwed it up omg there is a “TEST SERVER” I know the reason is in name of the actually name that you test stuff out.
stop nefting content create content

3 Likes

I started playing EVE 7 weeks ago. My first month was as an Alpha character and my plan was to login every couple days, keep my skill queue updated and wait until I trained up to 5 million skill points. I figured by then I would either have enough to purchase Omega with plex or I’d have lost interest in the game.

3 weeks into that plan I met someone who told me about incursions. They invited me to the public channels of the two largest incursion groups and told me to start saving for a ship. I didn’t believe I’d make as much ISK per hour as they said I would but playing with other people sounded better than the solo level 3 missions I was doing. I started saving.

While grinding missions and saving ISK I met a member from TDF and we agreed (aka I was peer pressured) that if I saved up enough to purchase the starter ship and fittings they would help me with upgrades. Over the next week I would go from logging in once every couple days to update my skill queue to playing every day.

By grinding level 3 missions in a VNI I had saved up 820 million ISK. I purchased a Vindicator and the necessary fit to get me an invite to run incursions. I also subscribed to take advantage of the 1 million free skill points from the 16th Anniversary event. Remember that deal I had? I get the ship and they’d help me with upgrades? Well, 3.5 billion ISK later and I had a core x-type mwd, faction magstabs and injectors for t2 guns.

As the debt grew larger and larger I couldn’t understand why there was such a rush to upgrade. I had the ship and I got the invite so why was I now billions in debt? Well, it turns out that whether you do 500 or 3500 dps everyone gets the same payout. Every ISK I invest into injectors, implants and upgrades means more ISK for everyone.

I spent the next 3 weeks running incursions. In every focus but one I’ve been in the top 10 contributors list (the wall of shame, the no-life list.) Every ISK I’ve earned has been reinvested into injectors, implants and upgrades. I’m also debt-free.

Today I logged in and there was no high sec focus for incursions. Apparently last week, buried away in a support article, there was an announcement that the number of incursion spawns had been reduced. Over the last week we’ve watched the number of high sec focuses drop from 3, to 2, to 1 and now none. We’re not even sure if there will be another.

I don’t know what to do in EVE anymore. The idea of going back to solo missions makes me want to stop playing. I was happily injecting the skills I needed to be a better incursion runner; armor compensations, gunnery, drones; because they lined up with my some-day-in-the-future plans of hunting explorers and low sec PVP. Every other method of making ISK that I know of require skills that don’t fit with my skill plan and the future I want for my character.

None of the other methods involve me working together with 40 other people. Mission running, station trading, exploration or abyssals. I hate that my only option right now is to play EVE as a single player game.

13 Likes

I keep trying to get you guys to understand that ISK isn’t actually worth any real-life currency, but you just can’t wrap your minds around it. PLEX is just a way for CCP to collect more real-life currency from players, and it is totally unnecessary to sell the PLEX for ISK to players. CCP could simply exchange PLEX for ISK in-game with NPC buy orders. They have no business interest in allowing players to play to pay. Losing protest subscriptions from players who never actually pay them for anything is no business loss.

From a balance standpoint, CCP tries to avoid situations where there is only one correct way of earning ISK in the game. That’s why the VNI got nerfed, it’s why the Rorqual got nerfed, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s why incursions get nerfed. The ISK faucet does not contribute to a healthy game economy. It’s a contributing factor to the constantly rising cost of PLEX during a time when EVE is purportedly stagnant and the player base is decreasing. The ISK pinata might be over, guys, and that makes me sad, but it was fun while it lasted.

1 Like

we’ve had some fantastic fleet runs, and i think you were in every one of them