Into The Abyss Ship Selection

Given the fact that Sacrilege price is now over 600kk, it is pretty obvious which ship is the one.

I think the Sacrilege is ā€œaā€ ship but not necessarily ā€œtheā€ ship. I donā€™t see it consistently putting out enough DPS for anything more than F2 or F3 (at the highest) filaments.

It wouldnā€™t surprise me in the least if more than a few folks are running the F5 filaments with AT ships. The Chameleon would be particularly nasty.

T2 sacrilege does even tier 5, just saying.

What are you basing that on? And is that a RLML fit or heavy assault missile fit?

Basing on streamers videos and reddit reports. Capstab ship with selection of damage type for specific environment and a smartbomb to abuse spider reps just does it all. And again, market price says everything.

Oh that was on SiSi. I donā€™t know how you would try one or more those on TQ. Are there even the skills on the market?

Yeah. Expensive at the moment, but theyā€™re there. The ship is another matter (over 2-billion just for the cruiser at present).

My experience on Sisi is that a T2 fit can safely/easily do tier F3 filaments with good fits and good decisions. Blinged out F4s but dicey. Not going to be a good choice for F5s.

Actually it does. But not all of them. The ones that give resist penalties, you match your missles and drones to the penalty and your DPS picks up a huge chunk. So if you do about 450+ with missles and another 150-200 with drones add another 30% to that for a F3 fire for example.

I initially was planning to use it as the main ship for these but after trying it out I scrapped the idea. It has absolutely awesome tank and cap for these sites. What killed it is Automata Supressors. When you go pass F2s, you will hit a spawn of a lot of automata supressors, including the heavy ones that cover large portions of the entire instance and blow up all your missles mid flight and drones real freagin quick.

I also had numerous times battleship groups spawn too close to supressor, do I even need to point out what the outcome of that was ? So the spawn RNg means not just what you get, but also where you get it, positioning within pocket is critical.

Because of this, I had to basically stop using Sacrilege which I am really sad about, it is only good for F1 and F2 sites, and even on F2s you can already get some supressor spawns that can cause you to miss the 20 minute timer due to having to position yourself and wasting time for that.

I have as well, however it is based on spawn RNG, and I mean positioning even moreso then what actually spawns. When the BSes spawn on top of a supressor, GFL using missles, you have to pull them out and guess how much time that takes ? They donā€™t exactly jump right on top of you like the frigs or even some of the cruisers.

So just cause you get lucky with 1 or even a few does not mean its a viable reliable thing. Been there done that.

2nd thing is, when I was using Cerb I was still on Sisi so it was all T2, no bling or faction which I would be doing on TQ, but why bother when I have better choices that I can also use faction / bling on and are not subject to the environmental limitations.

1 Like

that couldnt be more wrong. the sac is TERRIBLE in the abyss.

2 Likes

I tried the Sac on my first trials and it was horrible. HAMs are good if you donā€™t encounter suppressors but even if you donā€™t, the damage is too low.
Tried rapid lights but that was even worse. So heavy missiles but if you are very lucky, you can find those lightning like looking cloud things that give +300% signature radius muahahahaha.
Precision missiles +300% signature radius = win. And letā€™s not forget 99km range for shooting donā€™t battleships is quite awesome.

1 Like

Do you use your Eagle fit on TQ? It is funny, how Eagle is now the cheapiest HAC on the market, despite that your fit proved to be very viable in Abyss.

1 Like

Yes and it still works a dream. Also note no eagles have been lost to the abyss so far! (underrated and overlooked).

I am LOVING watching the killboards. its soooo funny! i think CCP have done a great job with this content - the best isk/module sink in the game in years. Plus its fun to do. Ran 20 T1 and T2 filaments last night and already got a vedmak bpc and skillbook.

4 Likes

Honestly, F3 filaments are a mixed bag of snakes. I had one where the enemies fled to the boundaries and almost ran out the clock chasing them down in the last room. F2 filaments seem to be the most fun at present just due to consistency. The loot drops in F3s are not necessarily better, either.

Rapid lights have the best damage application and are great against smaller targets. Suppressors chew them up, however - and the reload time makes it very diffcult to take down more than one battleship at a time.

Precision heavies have the same damage application as Faction heavy assult so the choice is clear. Iā€™ve had really good success with heavy assault missiles since theyā€™re tough enough to survive the suppressors and melt anything cruiser size and up. The problem applying damage is when you get a flood of frigate-sized drone spawns. I think the ideal combo (strange as it may sound) is a pair of rapid lights and the rest heavy assault.

1 Like

As CCP Rise confirmed in the Reddit AMA - loot tables vary across the different filament weather types. And Higher the tier filament the ā€œmoreā€ loot dropped (not necessarily ā€œBETTERā€ - although thats subjective).

1 Like

Thanks btw, I have been using that Eagle fit and been having a lot of fun with it. Only done 1s and 2s so far, but also have already had the skill and bpc drops.

Relatively is for sure. I was in a Deimos with 80 resist across the board. T1 filament I breezed through. T2 filament, room 1ā€¦ I encountered 3 Tirg battleships and got wrecked in less than 2 minutes. The only tower present was a tracking enhancer tower and the trig ships were hitting me at 56KM out. So kinda SOL.

What? A HAM Sac gets a beastly tank, good cap life, and over 700 fully selectable DPS. I havenā€™t had much trouble with missiles dying to supressors, either. Large pockets of small stuff can be annoying if there are no supressors, but with dual web they still die plenty fast enough. My Sac fit has so far breezed through everything in T4, done everything in T5 without too much trouble except the 9+ Leshak spawns (that may not happen anymore).

Itā€™s really not. Iā€™m way too distracted to run F5s right now but a well-fit Sac can run any F3 with no trouble and I havenā€™t hit an F4 where it didnā€™t work yet.