Into The Abyss Ship Selection

I think I got one of those in an F2. It was… surprising. Manageable, but I never expected and F2 to test my tank like that.

@Chocolaty_Sprogmaster would you share your sacri fitting ?

[Sacrilege, Filament Final Low Bling]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Assault Damage Control II
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer

Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
50MN Microwarpdrive II
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Warhead Calefaction Catalyst II

Hammerhead II x5

Drugs, mid grade Assklappers, and damage implants recommended. More bling also makes it far smoother and safer but not strictly required. Faction webs aren’t REQUIRED but its kinda painful without them, as some things like to orbit right outside of normal web range and can waste time catching them.

If you really wanna bling can probably use dual deadspace reps instead of the ancil for similar numbers with more sustain, but I haven’t really seen a need. In most L4 spawns you don’t really even need to run the ancil more than a couple times, but the burst tank is good for pilot mistakes/extra special spawns.

You can also swap the ADC for a faction/deadspace EANM for a lot more resists, but the clicky on the ADC can really help recover from mistakes/bad luck spawns.

If you stick to just 3’s (and maybe 4’s, haven’t tested) you can drop the MAAR, bling the repper, and add another BCU for more DPS.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing

Yeah i think overall difficulty of sites is sometimes too much, at least with triglavians.

Tier1 vedmak on last room - good luck with something else than HAC or blinged ship
Tier2 2 vedmaks - ishtar with double rep, good resists, skills, and T2 fit overall, even burning modules wont help… ffs it’s tier2 and on electric where thanks to cap bonus your stable on 2reps and ab.

On top of that crap loot… Soo yeah great idea but poorly implemented, in shape like it’s now it will end just like resource wars, it’s just not profitability

When I was testing this stuff out on Sisi this happened to me quite a bit, most commonly with Drifter Battleships, but sometimes a Trig BS group would split and like 2 of them would fly over the boundary while the rest stayed pretty much close to the gate.

I do think this is some sort of a bug at this point, but I also think its not a major issue.

The biggest issue for these instances as a whole seems to me is lack of support structures or clouds to help out with battleship groups.

Tracking support towers - useless we’re hitting battleships don’t need high tracking, these structures make zero difference.
Automata Supressors - 90+ useless. Only use is when you get a drone launching battleship and a supressor close enough to be in its range to kill the BS. Vs the rest its completely useless.
Clouds - mostly useless because they spawn too far from BSes. Its almost impossible to pull the BSes over and into the clouds because they move too slow, so even when you successfully get it to work you waste so much time you don’t make your 20 minutes.
Instance boundary - mostly useless, same as cloud, getting them over it takes too long.

The various effects and mechanics work great vs everything else in them, but just not the BSes.

I would like for these instances to provide a reliable environmental mechanic that works against the BS groups, instead of just nerfing them, or allowing T3Cs inside or something like that. That way they would still be risky and punish mistakes, but would not be ceritain death under ceirtain conditions.

1 Like

You guys need to come check the ingame ‘Abyss channel’ Is where people meet and discuss fits and mods and strategies to survive in the Abyss. You`ll get many answears there and there people flying all ships, not just sac and Gila. No spamming sales allowed so the discussion is on point and pretty mature.
‘Abyss channel’ check it out. Theres also live streams of people trying out their ships.

Yes i agree its sounding very impossible for us 5 milish sp players…

1 Like

Can anyone tell me if tier 1’s can be done in tech one ships? Like an Omen? Oh and does anyone know what hardners I should fit? Or should i go all resist?

1 Like

tier 1 sites can be done in t1 cruisers. As for resist. You want to cover all resists, but if you use a filament with a specific resist penalty it can be wise to get extra resist for that.

An omen would do well in Electric and firestorm sites as they have resist penalties to EM and thermal damage so you can take advantage of that with your EM/thermal damage.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I was in a blaster-fit Deimos and closing the distance ended up getting my butt whooped. sigh

It depends on the filament and cruiser, but generally yes. Technically Pirate cruisers are also T1 hulls and can generally run F2 or higher filaments.

Any luck with an Ishtar? What would be a good fitting?

A Gila.

Running a Sac in tier 2 Darks,

Ran about 20 sites, with nothing too hairy so far, Spawns seems consistent and relatively save for the fit. Pay outs not bad.

Ive tried T3 filaments on sisi and lost a few ship. Some pockets are a cake walk while the next is insta neuted and dead. Ill experiment some more but all ships Ive lost have been to being capped out. Those nasty waves with 4-8 neuting ships right on top of you once you enter the pocket, while 2 drifter BS pound you from 65km and you cant do anything.

Im thinking a Large Cap Batt + Med Cap Booster, or Dual Large Cap Batts in and Electric Filament as your cap recharge should be high enough to ignore neuts.

Im also theroy crafting a cheap T1 hull with buffer/XLSB fit, the idea is that the fits cheapish and disposable, your basically banking on getting easy pockets in T3 and maybe above filaments. That way if your roll a death squad spawn who cares.

i have been able to run up to t3 with a vaga see video

here is the fitting
[Vagabond, Trig MWD 220]
Caldari Navy Power Diagnostic System
Assault Damage Control II
‘Kindred’ Gyrostabilizer
‘Kindred’ Gyrostabilizer
Tracking Enhancer II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
Dark Blood Stasis Webifier
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M
[Empty High slot]

Medium Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II

Warrior II x5

Republic Fleet EMP M x2400
Republic Fleet Fusion M x2400
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M x2400
Navy Cap Booster 400 x18

1 Like

Try to fit a medium smartbomb in the remaining high slot. Very handy when fighting the repping frigates.

1 Like

I’ve now run T1 to T4 in various ships and wanted to pop down some results. T1 and T2 I won’t bother to talk about as they are relatively easy and most ships will cover them well.

I’ve run a lot of T3’s in Zealots, Muninns, Cerbs, Deimos and Ishtars. Whilst they will all do them well I did loose a blaster fit Deimos to 2 Tri Battleships.

The ship that has surprised me and is (so far) the best performer is the Ishtar. 2 medium arm reps with a afterburner means it tanks really well and is cap stable. But for DPS go with 3 flights of Heavy drones. No light, no medium. One set go T2 and the other 2 go faction. Heavy drones hit everything, including frigs. In fact they eat frigs in little to no time at all (that’s why you take in the faction ones as they have slightly better tracking).

Very rare to need the cap booster but its there in case you get neuted. Take in some drugs to consume if the DPS gets a little high but I haven’t needed them that often.

Taylor the drones for the relevant damage needed and swap a hardener for the relevant site.

4x Small Focused Beam Laser II

1x 10MN Afterburner II
1x Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
1x Medium Capacitor Booster II
1x Omnidirectional Tracking Link II

1x Assault Damage Control II
2x Medium Armor Repairer II
1x Armor Thermal Hardener II (swap this as needed)
1x Armor Explosive Hardener II
1x Drone Damage Amplifier II

1x Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
1x Medium Anti-EM Pump II

Charges
1x Tracking Speed Script
8x Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
75x Nanite Repair Paste
11x Navy Cap Booster 800
6x Aurora S

Drones 3 flights of heavy

1 Like

Ishtar is ok even for liv 4?

No needs for web?

1 Like

Regarding the Ishtar fit, which type of heavy drones and have you tried this in any of the Dark filaments? I’m not sure with the increased velocity that heavies will be able to hit frigates - even with the omni to help tracking.

Also, wouldn’t 400 cap boosters give you 50% more capacitor?