Into The Abyss Ship Selection

Loot drops were nerfed OR supply increase so prices went down?

if the only addition will be another types of mutagens and triglavian hulls will not find buyers, whole concept will fall like house of cards.

Both. Zero-Point and Isogen-10 have both been increased, so everything required in their manufacture has been dropping in price. Iā€™ve yet to see anything other than decayed mutaplasmid drops.

Mutaplasmids are trash at T1-T3 range. They wonā€™t be the main source of income from AP, they just too rare and donā€™t have enough value to be the wanted loot from sites. From what I see so far the best loot is Isogen-10, rest is crap.

Edit: The hulls price donā€™t stabilize yet, 300 mil for frigate? 600 for cruiser?

It really depends on the price of Isogen-10, which has been freefalling. Hard to say where it will end up, as if it gets too cheap (say less than a million ISK per) thereā€™s not really much of an incentive to run the pockets for it. The same goes for Zero-Point to a lesser extent.

The mutaplasmids have been a bit of a disappointment. Itā€™s not really worth it to use the decayed on anything but T1/T2 modules and the gravid and unstabable are too expensive and rare to really use on anything but X-type and Officer.

Itā€™s already below 1 mil and will be less, still better ISKs than L4. If the manufacture cost of the hulls would be lower, it would give more incentive to try them and make demand for them, maybe. They just too expensive now. I think they are waiting to see where will price drop end to tweak the drops eventually.

Mutaplasmids are the bad addition. There no way possible to balance the use and drops. Also they add the sense of ā€œyou will never master the game, everā€ feeling, because there are bazillions modules already existing at the market, now they just add infinite number of them to the contracts. It will backfire in the future.

Go Abyssal or go homeā€¦ All I know is us ā€œpoorsā€ are never going to be able to afford regular Deadspace modules again - let alone the gravid or unstable mutaplasmids to risk on them.

Hope they open up more ship types to run the sites, Gila and Sac is getting pretty boring to run.

The combination of needing Dps, Tank, Speed, Web and Cap really limits the options at T3 and above.

Battlecruisers would be nice to allow a few more viable fits from each faction, T1, T2 plus Navy hulls from each race should be viable.

1 Like

Agreed. You can also run an Ishtar, Onyx (etc.) if itā€™s only F1-F3 filaments. Battlecruisers would be cool - so would strategic cruisers. Ultimately I hope they open it up to battleships which would include Marauders.

armor tank need to be active and because rats in AP drain cap there wonā€™t be more option without changing that. I mean the amount of neut is insane. All weapon system use cap but drones/missiles/projectiles. I donā€™t even know if matars are good for AP.

Strategic cruisers would wreck everything if they were allowed.

I theory crafted a Broadsword for Electric filaments

Only T2 Matar hull that has enough mids to shield tank + Web/Batt/Mwd

Can use EMP for the damage hole, 4 lows for good dps + application

Electric filament should give enough cap regen to run a decent shield booster.

Unfortunilty my HIC is a lvl 1, currently training up too 4

Anything has to be an improvement over limiting these to just cruisers.

Ive been doing t3 electricals in a Navy Omen, every time i go in, i expect to die. its a struggle to get through the sites, but very exciting.

I tried a T3 Dark in a RLM Navy Caracal. It didnā€™t have enough deeps and took too long.

Gilas. Only stick with Gilas. Again.

How about HAMs with web?

A HAM Navy Caracal could work, but without a web or a prop mod. I think you need at least four mid-slots for enough tank. I havenā€™t tried this fit, though.

Iā€™m baking fits now, passive shield tanks. Orthus, Cynabal (both doable - weapons donā€™t use cap), Phantasm( I donā€™t think it will survive ā€œThe cap drain waveā€). I didnā€™t touch navy hulls yet.

I wish they change the neuts, they are far to heavy and from far above the range of gunships.

1 Like

The dark sites have a velocity bonus, so thereā€™s no real need for a prop mod. I usually just coast to the cache and the exit. So with a Navy Caracal, 4 tank mods and a web has a good chance of working. You might need a shield power relay or two in the lows as well. I might test this fit out when I get home from work .

I made around 550 dps without drones and 120 ehp/s tank navy caracal, but my pyfa may be expired.

I didnā€™t even notice the neuts. With the price of filaments so low just use electrical. With a large cap battery you can laugh off neuts and kill them just fine.