Invasions

Some might refer to that as a isk bibcock too.

1 Like

Oops. Thanks for catching that. I’ll leave it up that way.
I’m old.

5 Likes

So has anyone come up with a good fit/fleet yet? :wink:

1 Like

This tengu looks very similar to my loki I have slapped together (and use it for running l4s). Main difference is bling - I didn’t put much of it. Only faction bcs to free up some cpu.

This ain’t event though…

May I interest you in a speed-tanking drake with target painter? It’s a little… uh… dirty :shuffleparrot:

2 Likes

That’s the beauty of being a bitter-old-vet. I think I have something like that in storage! (along with a frig with a large rig on it)

4 Likes

Anyone, who wants to get triglavian T2 ships? If I understood it properly, main treasure is in salvage materials, needed to produce triglavian HAC and similar. If there will be no other source, people will do invasions, even if that will require fleet as blingy fitted and carefully prepared as current incursion fleets…
Ikitursa can have DPS from 700 DPS up to over 2000 DPS, active 900 EHP / s tank, 131 m sig and 800 m/s speed. Cold. Without boosters. It’s guns have 18 km range (vedmak’s usual range in Abyss) and over 50 tracking… seems to be new ‘Abyss runner must have’ ship IMHO.

2 Likes

Situations I had noticed so far with the Invasion.

• The ones I came into contact with hang around in packs of 6 and will call in more when they see that you are able to tank and slowly kill one of the 6 solo.

• There is a very high chance that some of the ships from the first pack will warp away and soon you will see them return with partly damaged hulls if you hadn’t been able to stop them from running.

• They do mostly Thermal & Explosion damage but sometimes I had noticed EMP, but never seen them deliver Kinetic.

• I had found that I was running into a problem when being able to tank the two main types of damage along with the Starving Invader up to the point of 9 ships.

• Drone fitted ships seem to be an issue with me as my skills are not part level 4 for most of the drone related skills though sentry drones work well with a target painter fit.

Mobile jump drives saved a few ships of mine yesterday though as at times there were more than 9 attacking in a group.

Many of you might have worked out that the moons are also a great place to find them stacked though it is there they seem to be able to call in more support. So the moons seem to be better than the gates.

2 Likes

Meaning, once more, EVERYTHING boils down to farming.
And they just took exploration and turned that entirely into farming too.

InB4 “well you have to in order to win at PVP”.
There are games where you can PVP without having to farm.

But when people who don’t want to farm but to say small gang PVP, solo roams, etc are getting blobbed by Triglavian ships along with the supers (also turbo-farmed produce) what will their choice be?

Keep on f**king that chicken.

Buying PLEX from CCP?

Take 3 jumps and be outside the invasion?
That is the worst case scenario that 3 jumps are needed.

1 Like

But… but… the time it takes to make those three jumps will reduce muh ISK/hr by .005 percent! CCP HATES ME!!!

1 Like

Not if the line members have a brain

So someone salvages…and then you are paid later…yeah no. More like the organizer “HELLO THERE TRIGLAVIAN DEFENSE” keeps what he needs sells some stuff and then throws out a pittance to the guys that did the work.

…Oh yeah since they are run buy a known scammer, grifter, and general shady fool.

Good luck to them.

I’ll run with people I know.

The one time that I actually tried to farm it and it was before too many people turned up I managed to salvage about half the wrecks I blew up before the swarm descended on my location and I managed to get about another 20% of them.

10.5m ISK from the database things sold to CONCORD. 1 Lattice locked…, 1 Singularity Radiation…, 42 Trinary State… and 15 Zero-point field…, obviously to make the T2 versions, but to actually get to the point of being able to make one is so far in the distance I will have to class this as a long term objective, so yes I will be doing it every so often and eventually I will have that shiny new HAC…, which for me is a reason to keep playing, well played CCP, you got me hooked.

So what I will be doing is checking for one near me and if it is I will go and run a few fights until the swarm of salvages appear and then I will head back home. Works for me.

You just have to play this game with a bloody minded attitude with long term goals and objectives.

6 Likes

Almost a week later and these things are still a boring, rewardless mess that hasn’t escalated at all. Another half done “expansion” (lol, minor content patch) for CCP, woo.

1 Like

For a moment there I read that as “Incursus” and was like “Is that hull tanking?”

I mean the question is even in this early phase of the “new content”, how many players actually engage in it? I would guess not a lot, just a hand full of PvEers who finally got another of those new minigames. And then after min/maxing everything after a week they come back to the forums and cry how dull it is, because let’s be honest, CCP has never managed to produce any PvE content that is remotely entertaining to people who actually play games to have fun.

So was that worth the development effort? Why would they invest in such mini games over and over again with the same result and completely ignore what EVE made so great, small scale PvP… I don’t get it. They just ask for this game to fail and CCP with it…

CCP: Try our exciting new half finished garbage PVE content!

Also CCP: We don’t understand why numbers keep dropping, don’t you guys shoot rats?!

3 Likes

Or… Maybe you don’t understand what is going on, and aren’t connecting with the people who are engaging in this content…
Just… a thought.

2 Likes