Is EVE being purposely sabotaged?

Stop posting this nonsense. If CCP nerfs everyone’s wealth and makes getting more wealth difficult then nobody has surplus wealth to spend on PLEX and therefore nobody buys PLEX from the F2P cash shop.

No but I can see why people might think this.

What happened was CCP owners prior to the PA sale set about obtaining the most subscription $pcm they could get too boost the value of CCP.

It worked but at great detriment to the eve universe. PA aware of this artificial value & sub inflation set rules in the purchase that pcm revenue was to be maintained or purchase price lowered, much of the purchase being in the form of performance bonus.

The bonus scheme is tailing off & CCP now begins the long road of repairing eve, ie austerity in a computer game to assure the long term viability of the game.

I suspect CCP misrepresnted their subscription debt. They do a really good job of describing it on financual statements. There are 3 types of plex according to their accounts.

Yes, blue ice in highsec is now a myth.

Looking for some recent changes it looks like sabotage or it may be just simple stupidity:
Just some examples:
Let’s add Helloween event, but let make people who will run it suffer from ganking because of increased drop rate.
Let’s end Triglavian invasion, but make people suffer by random Triglavian roaming fleets in hi-sec who is always cheating (insta-lock plus insta-scram).
People (especially new players) suffering from ganking in Uedama or hi-sec suicide ganking - just do nothing,just let people who doesn’t like PvP go.

I’m not an experienced player, but I can survive it. Two of my friends who started in may 2020 already quit.
And don’t tell me: You have to learn how to play - personally I haven’t lost a single ship, but made over 8b in last 3 month from low-sec. All losses my account suffering are from my 12 year old kid, who like to play once a while.

But it really looks like any normal business: Let’s get some chunk of market and start milking it to death without of thinking of keeping customer base

I love it when kids throw this number around without considering the reality. 30k, now subtract all the multiboxers, mining bots, ratting bots, chat bots, and afk accounts sitting in stations.

Way less than 30k now, isn’t it hun?

Sitting on a high horse…
…with no care about those who will happily shoot the horse to get you.

Horses are big, easy targets.

Why or how does this matter to what he wrote?
He was pointing out that the “sabotaging” of the game isn’t actually a thing.
He’s indirectly pointing out that players, who believe CCP is actively hurting the game,
don’t even look at the actual login numbers and statistics.

They’re just pulling it out of their asses …
… because they’re hateful liars.

Ignoring your failings of actually comprehending his post properly …

Being counted as an active player does not require you doing anything …
… it only requies you to be logged in. That’s the norm everywhere.

I know that’s weird, but that’s how it is.
You’re logged in, thus you’re in the game.
That’s all that matters.

Also, he’s not talking about the pretty irrelevant PCU. He’s talking about the active player count (personally I accurately use accounts) throughout the day, which has shown an overall increase. According to CCP’s last numbers, not even every player has an alt. They’ve said the ratio is 1.6, so we’d be at roughly half the amount of actual players, but probably less than that. As alts have always been the norm it simply doesn’t matter.

What matters is the increase and that it is ongoing.
There is no “sabotaging” going on and it can’t all be “explained” using covid19 either.

Even if it could be explained with covid19 then these people still rather play EVE ONLINE than anything else,
otherwise they wouldn’t be around!

You can hate on CCP and the game all you want, of course …
… but you’d do yourself a favour staying on the rational, logical and thoughtful side of things.

(more edits than usually … *slurps morning coffee*)

No I don’t think it’s a cover up I just think whoever is making these decisions needs to go find a new job.

1 Like

In addition to all of the other holes that have been poked in your nonsensical claim there’s also the issue that you’re ignoring the fact that bots/multiboxing/etc all existed in the past. If half of the current 30k are these “illegitimate” accounts but that 50% ratio has remained constant over the years then so has the number of legitimate players. For your claim to have any meaning you’d have to prove that total player numbers have remained flat while the proportion of “illegitimate” logins has increased, and you’ve done no such thing.

I love the denial you kids sit in. So where are all these mysterious human players? I’ve polled local in a variety of high, low, and null systems and the consistent answer I get from locals is that they run 4-5 accounts each. Keep on making excuses as the game dies around you.

Eve isn’t dying. The Eve that the veterans know is.

4 Likes

That’s ok, I’m already out. The whales can support them.

Congratulations on re-posting the same stupid argument and completely ignoring the fatal flaw that I pointed out.

Is EVE being sabotaged, it does seem that way, but from their track record I doubt there’s any purposely about it.

1 Like
2 Likes

My view of this game is that the player base is primarily made of masochists (people who love negative reinforcement) and the devs and in-game big shots are primarily made of sadists (people who gain pleasure dealing out negative reinforcement). Whether you deem that as a match made in Heaven or Hell is a matter of how much negativity or positivity you want to convey I guess.

The simple result is that all the negative changes and nerfs are just delightful pain for so many players. It gives them something to be bitter and angry and complain about and that’s just what they want.

The way to kill EVE would be to reward players more and punish them less, with some exceptions, like too many skill point awards would probably make them happy. However, nerfing ships and mods and getting their ships blown up is just the kind of abuse they keep coming back for. If they did more padding of ships and mods instead then it would really start to turn off the masochists that keep this game alive.

I don’t see nearly enough positive reinforcement type changes to think anyone is actively trying to get players to quit. So if anyone is trying to kill EVE, they are simply not doing it right. Or perhaps its more likely its not really a thing at all.

2 Likes

The problem I think is that people have got bored, because they’ve become so rich they feel they don’t have a challenge because having too much isk means they can do things that require little effort. Having too much money relaxes the need for it, so they become more prone to wasting it.

Being too rich isn’t the problem, peoples perception of being rich is where the issues are.

I dont believe EVE is being sabotaged. These kind of changes are probably considered, studied and designed, and the higher ups will have to approve them. It’s not something 1 or 2 rogue devs can do and no would notice.

But I do believe Pearl Abyss probably are pushing for different type of game, and they know they can’t change it in a couple of days because most of the playerbase will quit and they will lose their investment. So they will pretend to maintain the status quo while they keep introducing periodic small changes that will eventually shift the game to whatever they want.

Lately there has been a trend from CCP for regarding perfectly legit mechanics as “abuse”, as in the case of broker fees (where the .01 isk game was put in the same category as botting and RMT trading), and now, regarding the ESS change, they’ve used the word “troll-like tactics” to justify some limitations inside the bubble. “Troll-like” tactics. In Nulsec, yeah right. Where everything goes, as long as it’s not cheating.
I believe this trend will increase as time goes by.

5 Likes

Sorry, I just gotta ask, are you named after the Combiner, the Battle-Station or the Keyboard?

The transformer.

Yeah but the Combiner, or the Battle-Station Transformer? Im just curious.