Is EVE being purposely sabotaged?

I’ve seen no marked changed in my gameplay due to that change.
Do you have a specific example of how that change has impacted your gameplay?

2 Likes

@Scoots_Choco I don’t know if you are planning to run for CSM at some point but if you do you’ve got to use that puppet image as your campaign poster/mascot. It’d guarantee your win.

3 Likes

do you have a specific example of it not affecting your game play?

Wait . . . what?

1 Like

I have a specific example of it not affecting my gameplay: it does not affect any of my gameplay. I actually forgot we had that nerf recently.

4 Likes

Awww you got me you win, time to give your eggo a stroke…

4 Likes

Just a wee tip.

Eve Offline isn’t run by CCP. Nothing to do with them.

And you can even go and look at the numbers there over different periods of time (with the average calculated over that period) For the last 36 hours, it’s 25k. In the middle of the week.

Regardless of what you think, the daily numbers are going up.

I’ve also seen CCP’s internal numbers (when the CEO decided to show them to us. From their own management dashboards. Not just a presentation.) Retention is up. Daily active users is up. And has been rising for a fair time. that’s now, I suspect, also coupled with longer play times. which will affect the average count. But retention, as a whole, is up.

CCP exists to make money. Its developers want to make money. And I suspect they don’t want the hassle of moving overseas, which a bunch of them would have to, if they wanted comparable jobs with any other company.

3 Likes

Boy, I sure hope your right and it’s not just due to the pandemic.

1 Like

Thank you for the ‘tip’…

Never believe a rumour before it’s denied…
Never trust a statistic you haven’t falsified yourself…

Thank you for the enlightenment.

Because it’s STILL as i said…wrong numbers,wrong calculation,wrong,sweetened up numbers,minus the corona effect results in a DECLINE…

It’s clear as glass to see for any reasonable person in the whole world that is no fanboy or has different interests.

And that’s a fact…

1 Like

So ignoring 90% of all players today is ‘retuning to order’ for you?

WOW good buisness decision…

Actual player count : 18910

1 Like

You live in a fantasy world of Darlo make believe.

Everybody is wrong… even CCP. You are right. Delusional much?

6 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of old players come back into the game within the past 2 months. Guess what their reason was for coming back.

I’ll give you a hint, it’s not because of the recent game changes.

6 Likes

You’re not wrong, but you can’t say the current crisis and resulting lockdown boredom is entirely responsible for the uptick in logged in players.

1 Like

Over an EXTREMELY long period of time EVE had seen a drop in players, but over the past FEW years EVE has seen a rise BEFORE COVID-19. In particular, CCP has explicitly observed a significantly higher retention of players in their first week and first month of creating and using an account from before.

2 Likes

I think actually CCP may be moving away from what made EVE so addictive and fun: complexity, commitment, players live in EVE however they want to and so forth…And they seem to be moving toward the players that want instant gratification

2 Likes

Dunno about that.

The recent changes and more coming tend to speak toward making it harsher again. Maybe not to the extend that is was 10-11 years when I started playing but it is a good step. While some older players like myself logged in to kill time at home. After seeing the changes coming All my accounts are Omega again and I am so ready for the latest patch. I also see others with the same mind set back online. It was really nice to see the channels active again and excited for the coming changes.

2 Likes

It’d be nice to see a belligerent undesirables revival.

Psst, have you heard? Darlo’s totally mental.

5 Likes