Is it all about pvp?

Heh, tantrum, that’s rich. The only one here that’s struggling with game functionality is you.

All the ISK, Loot and LP’s generated from running a mission doesn’t affect any other player until it’s incorporated back into the games economy. If a player doesn’t do that and just sits on it, then it basically doesn’t exist and has no effect on any other player. Also mission rewards aren’t generated out of thin air, it’s payment for completing a specific objective.

Same thing can be said about running exploration sites and mining asteroid belts in empty systems that don’t have any other players in them. It’s strictly PvE until somebody else comes into the system and starts doing the same thing.

Going by your definition then all of the NPC Mining Fleets that are clearing out Asteroid Belts is also PvP.

1 Like

They are just a pain in the back and completely useless. They empty out high sec belts where little ore comes from, but not the null sec ore anomalies where most of the ore comes from, and where a lot more hilarity could ensue between the NPC miners, their defense fleets and players. As they are, they are just worthless waste of dev time and drive users away. Typical impressive implementation of new “PVE” by CCP.

Then you’re not going by ‘my definition’, and are instead further demonstrating to me that you simply do not understand how EVE actually works. In fact, when you say things like that last line, you demonstrate that you don’t want to understand how EVE works.

When you run exploration sites, you’re finding stuff that you’re going to sell on the market, or use yourself for industry. It is the facilitation of PVP that makes it PVP. That’s a simple fact, mate, no matter how much you deny it or continue to misrepresent it.

have you tried sisi
most players consolidate to a single system and the rest of the galaxy is basically empty
youre pretty much free to do what you want and you can buy all t1 and t2 modules for 100 isk each
like you can buy a macharial for 100 isk and then blow it up for insurance payout
you have to acquire faction and deadspace mods on your own tho

So basicly you don´t have a clue about Delve, obviously.
A little lesson about Delve:
The larges part is secured by a standing Supercapitalforce. That things are not cheap in any meaning of the word. And you need the infrastructure. I don´t remeber the numbers, but that “Fortress” has cost A LOT of ISK.
What are the other parts then? Well. Go southern Delve without a fleet, and you will be very lucky, if somebody actually saves you. Yesterday died a Hel there. Not a chance to save that moron. Because you need 2 Jumps with a JD to reach that system. So good luck killing that big dreadbomb.
Now. What about NPC-Delve. Well. Guess from where the dreadbomb probably came…
Then there are the roamingfleets, cloaky hotdropper, wormholes, and basicly everybody outside Imperium hates you.
Yeah. Sounds secure. Sarcasm
If you can´t secure your space…well. Ask Proviblog that got wrecked by PanFam; DCU, that got wrecked by some groups or GotG, that we right now burn down. Because, revenge and because the live in a region, that is basicly thrash from a strategic viewpoint.

1 Like

I agree 100%.

Combining different career activities into one lump in order to justify your statement that everything in this game is PvP is just plain wrong.

Hell, you probably think logging into the game is PvP since you’re competing with everybody else in order to get onto the server.

Thank you for confirming my points. This looks pretty safe to me. The way it is, cheap structures and uncontrolled super capital proliferation has made Delve the most secure ratting and PVE area in EVE. It’s time time dial that back and make Delve dangerous again. And then you can buy Premium Protection from PA for a couple of extra dollars per month. :slight_smile:

Well. If you can pull a couple hundred supers and a ton of keepstars out of your backside…
It only took tons of resources, insane amounts of ISK, and two fething years to secure parts of Delve.
And still. If you think Delve is save, why don´t try and fly a supercarrier in the direction of Period Basis… GL with that.
How about allowing cynos in J-space? Because you can basicly seal yourselve off…
Or removing NPC-Stations from NPC-0.0? Because too save…

I’m not ‘justifying’ anything. That’s just how the game was designed. That is its FUNDAMENTAL CORE DESIGN FEATURE. Take it up with the devs, because I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining how it works.

Nonsense…

If tomorrow PVP is banned PVE will live on,on a lower scale,but it will continue.
On the other hand if PVE would be banned PVP will wither also.
Why?
Well because of no production,no weapons,no modules ect.
CCP would have to spawn that into the market just for PVP to go on as they do…

PVP a core of the game? pffff

Believe that…still wrong but believe it if you have to…

As i said…PVP needs PVE…
PVE needs PVP?
Not so much…

1 Like

The only purpose PVE serves is to facilitate or drive PVP. PVP is the core of this game, and without the PVP, the game would die. This is a PVP game. It was made as one from the ground up. You and others keep replying to me as if the PVE and PVP are mutually exclusive. They are not, but in this game, they are indeed one and the same.

1 Like

Again nonsense…

The fact that without PVE CCP would have to SPAWN stuff in the market because nobody would produce it alone proofs you wrong…

It’s no core ability ,no sign of a prime status if you are dependent to other people.

You only rule something if you can do it independent,by your own and not by hanging on the drip of producers.

PVE IS independant…as i said PVE would carry on without PVP…on a lower scale but with no problems…PVP would be doomed without PVE…

So…“Mr Ruler”…

PVP is just a 25% minority and is dependent to PVE…

Does not look like “core mechanic” to me…

The fact that everything on the market isnt spawned by the developers is what proves YOU wrong. The market itself IS PVP.

Listen mate, you can call it nonsense you want, but you’re only contradicting CCP themselves on this. It’s CCP that calls it a PVP game, and it is demonstrably a PVP game. You literally just made the case for it yourself without even realising it. The fact is, if someone else can sell something cheaper on the market than you and still profit, that’s PVP, and you lost. The PVE IS PVP by virtue of that. But again, you’re talking as if they’re mutually exclusive. In EVE, they are THE SAME THING.

what makes you say production is pve
pve means player versus environment
i think shooting rocks with lasers is taking that definition a little bit too literally
because the rocks dont shoot back
its just mining not pve
if anything mining is pvp
because you compete with other players for resources
and production involves no pve at all
its just crafting
the only aspect of production that invollves pve is when rats land on a belt
and without those rats production would still be very viable

Wrong.

It’s not relevant what CCP calls it in promotions,relevant are only FACTS and i stated the facts.
This is no matter of believing something what i stated are crystal clear facts.
They are even valid if you choose to ignore them or desperately trying to talk around the tree in an effort to find a flaw in my remarks…there is none…

Pve is self-sustaining,pvp not…

Bottom line

yeah…

Simply calling EVERYTHING PVP is the solution… PFFFF

Don’t you even see how stupid this is?
Are you so desperate?

What’s not relevant is your denial of demonstrable reality. Look, we can do the whole, “no I’m right and you’re wrong” thing all day long, but the simple fact of the matter is, the only bottom line that really matters is, the PVE in EVE isn’t the main focus. It is a facilitator or a driver of PVP. People don’t do it because it’s ‘fun’ unless they’re very boring individuals, because it’s not fun. It’s generic and repetitive, because it’s a PVP game, so the focus is on the PVP. That’s why ships and modules are balanced for PVP, not PVE. That’s why in other PVE games, it’s the PVP that’s generic and repetitive.

Once again, you spin this whole “PVE is self sustaining, PVP is not”, but you’re wrong. Without PVP, there’d be no PVE, because there’d be no game. PVP is what made the game, it’s what drew in the first subscribers. It’s what made the game grow to what it is today, over the last fifteen years. Neither the PVP or the PVE exists without the other, because again, they are no mutually exclusive. THEY ARE THE SAME THING.

It’s this little factoid that I thought you were struggling with. Now, I can tell you’re intentionally ignoring it. That’s your failure, but definitely not the ‘bottom line’.

no im just stating facts
you are the one trying to twist the facts to your agenda
your definition of pve is anything that doesnt involve shooting other players
and that is wrong

to both of you…

Im ignoring facts that’s right…

The fact that some PVP players REALLY believe they are superior here.
The fact that they REALLY think it’S THEIR game.
The fact that they were allowed by ccp to think this for 15 years.
The fact that they think this will continue in the face of the sell of ccp to PA and nothing will change.

Well you are wrong and the winds will change with the new owner.

And beside that…you are wrong.