Is it all about pvp?

PVP = player vs player. Player vs player is any competition between players. This is not exclusive to ship vs ship combat, but literally any competition between players, and like it or not, the moment you use the market, generate isk, or mine resources, you are competing with other players in this game.

PVP isn’t just fighting other players in ships. It just stands for ‘player vs player’. Something as seemingly mundane as running a level 1 mission generates 100k isk or something and by virtue of increasing the supply of isk in the game by 100k, you have devalued it for everyone. That’s PVP. If you want your isk to be worth something, you don’t run missions, you get it from players. You blow up their ships, loot their wrecks, and sell their shiny modules on the market. If you want to crash the price of a resource, you go mine a shittonne of it, and put it all on the market at once, saturating the supply. That’s PVP.

And even if all you want to do is make a little money for yourself selling veldspar in Jita, you have, by virtue of increasing the supply of veldspar for everyone, engaged in PVP.

Those are the facts.

Your ignorance of them is your own personal ignorance, not an argument.

1 Like

it is their game
because everyone who plays is a pvper including you
we are even pvping right now on a meta level

yes i believe that you truly believe that…it’s wrong but seems to me you have to believe that to find in your sleep at night…

Still wrong but carry on if you must…

look at post above…same answer…

now you are just projecting
you have no argument

i don’t need one…

facts are facts

it is you talking around the tree…

And your (non) answer is not an argument against anything that I just posted. Your denial is not my problem. To be honest, the only evidence one needs to see what makes this a PVP game is this:

All of those mined resources, modules looted in missions, they all go onto those ships. Those ships get exploded, and their owners need new ones to do more PVP. PVE and PVP are so deeply intertwined in this game that, and I’ll say this once more and I’ll try to keep it simple for the simple minded,

PVE AND PVP ARE THE SAME THING IN THIS GAME.

you do if you want anyone to take you seriously

Do you understand what “incorporated back in to the games economy” actually means? Asking because the moment you use it just for yourself is the moment you have not used market for something and that act alone already has impact on the games economy.

You talking with a guy who doesn’t accept market as a form of pvp… most likely because then he would have to admit how much he loses there.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter what he accepts. Flat earthers don’t accept the earth is a planet, either. What a person ‘accepts’ is irrelevant to what reality is.

If missions and scanning and such arent PvP, how come its not bannable to attack people doing it?

No, they are distinct.

PvE is an action against NPCs/environment.

PvP is an action against another player.

EVE just so happens to have rule/mechanic systems that make the opportunity for PvP universal.

1 Like

All activities in EVE are as much ‘against the environment’ as they are against other players. That’s why the PVE and PVP in EVE are not mutually exclusive, but are in fact the same thing.

EvE.

E v E

Clever.

Environment in this context means everything that isnt another player.

They are not mutually exclusive, but that doesnt mean they are the same thing.

Just means that PvP overlaps onto all PvE in EVE.

1 Like

So you’re arguing semantics?

Gotcha.

Then let me clarify.

Everything that is PVE is also PVP. They cross over by virtue of being both.

Im arguing your generalisation/platitude/conclusion is false.

You cant say “Im PvPing this space rock” when you are mining it.

1 Like

“Generalisation/conclusion” would have been sufficient.

‘Platitude’ makes it a condescending platitude of your own. Calm down, miner.

Sorry if you are triggered by “platitude”.
Perhaps you should calm down.

1 Like