January 2018 Release - Known Issues & Issue Reporting

Also experiencing graphical issues. Screen is either black or a close-up of the station is stuck on my screen both on un-dock and inside the station. Occasionally after undocking 5-6 times it would be back to normal for about a minute, after which the problem re-occurs.

Things tried:
-Clearing cache, verifying game files
-Re-installing latest graphics drivers (NVIDIA), restarting PC

and just now started completely installing from scratch just before I found here it’s a known issue. Can’t tell yet if that will fix it. (doubt so) will try lowering graphic settings afterwards, they are maxed out atm.

Hardware:
I7-4790K, GTX970, 16GB DDR3-1333

Update: After full re-installation (not using steam this time) the game works OK. Only had it occur once that something was frozen in front of the camera. Undocked 10 times, restarted game and seems to be OK now. Still using maximum graphic settings.

Update 2: Was able to play without issues for about 30+ minutes, now it looks like this again when in station:

FIXED: Changing graphic detail to medium and back up to High solved it. I wonder for how long.

Logged in with my alt in citadel: black screen instead of citadel interiors.
Jumped system with my other alt: warp/jump tunnel didn’t stopped. Graphics restored after next jump. (bug reported)
Got my warp disruptor cycling after fight. Stopped after jump to next system.

Edit: magic of fitting! Open the window and close - screen is restored.

What card do you use? I had installed the latest Nvidia driver and went back to 388.71 now. No issues actually.

Is it just me or is accepting contracts, courier contracts in particular borked? It happens more and more often to me now that clicking the accept button in the contract window does nothing? I have to undock from a station/structure and dock again to make the button work.

EBR-141754 for whatever it’s worth.

Do you use a Nvidia card with the latest driver 390.65? I had the same issues and fps drops. Now I switched back to 388.71 and actually all behaves as before. Actually …

I went back to driver 388.71 and now all looks and feels good. GTX 1050 here.

It seems not to be a driver issue. WIth Nvidia 388.71 again a black screen.

lol ofc its not it’s just another half cooked patch…

I’m not yet logged knowing that for the last couple of years we had more buggy patches than smoothly implemented, will wait for 24 hrs till major mess is cleaned but pretty much worried with what people saying about new chat features… Wonder who was the genius devs decided that it’s must have things…

1 Like

I have GTX 1050 390.65 and have the same issue with grafics. Dear CCP, please fix the issue with black screen.

Try changing your graphic settings. I completely reinstalled from scratch (without steam) which already helped a huge amount (only occured twice in 30+ minutes after reinstallation) but setting graphics to medium and back up to high solved it for me when it happened again.

I need to press ESC to refresh the grpahics. Black screen or freeze after a session change (undock, jump wh/gate etc.). Also reinstalled EVE. Changed driver to older version. Did not fix it.

Anti-Aliasing could fix the issue. I have switched off it.

1 Like

we just made some changes to setting home station remotely, and this might be some fallout from that.
Could you please file a bugreport from within the client (through F12 window), and include screenshot of the full client, and then we can take a look at it and make sure it works as expected :slight_smile: Thanks!

Yea, it’s not a driver problem I had the issue with 388.71 and 390.65, so it’s a CCP issue with session change most likely … hopefully they’ll have it fixed soon

Good find. Yes, same here. AA off fixed it for now.

1 Like

The Agency:

• Agent Finder removed and instead have to use this laggy interface? Boo!
  • Hotkey for it opens and closes it - given how laggily it opens, it would be better if the hotkey minimised it instead of closing it.
  • The drop-down lists for the filters need to be longer - these tiny little windows that have to be scrolled through are utterly absurd.
  • Only 12 results - BOO!!!
  • No security level filter - boo and WTF! Double “BOO” considering how this combines with the 12-result maximum!
  • Given The Agency’s lag factor, which I am almost certain is linked to the map (which lags the same way as the separate map, that being my clue), it would be a useful option to allow a simplified version (such as the previous universe map) to be a selectable option. Better yet, we should be able to kill the map outright if so desired. Having it integrated can certainly be useful - but let us “enjoy” the lag only when we absolutely need to!

I do understand wanting to “defrag” and consolidate the PvE content into one interface - in principle, it could be good. But please, for crying out loud, make sure when moving functionality that it is ALL moved over! At the moment, this lack of proper Agent Finder functionality is mostly a hindrance, an impediment to players being able to actually find the content they are after!

At present, it seems that the bulk of the development effort seems to be going into trivial and oft-unwanted things such as these speech-bubble buttons, and the ‘+’ tab on an already crowded bar! To quote President Sheridan in Babylon 5: A Call to Arms: “Mr. Drake, don’t you think that you should find out whether this thing will actually go anywhere, before you spend a lot of time polishing the chrome?”

[EDIT]

• The inability to hide a particular unwanted result to free up a “slot” for another result (unless such a feature does exist but is cunningly concealed!) - FAIL! (“Remove from Addressbook” doesn’t remove the result, btw.)
  • Career Agents aren’t limited to 12 results (therefore the limitation is not in some way intrinsic), and yet, arbitrarily, normal mission agents (and most/all other selections) are - HUH?
6 Likes

Additional:

When in the patch notes I read that some tweaking had been done to the weapon reload/ammo-swap functionality, I got my hopes up that something I have wished for a long time had been implemented - it hadn’t. :frowning:

Anyhow, here’s what I think could be done to actually improve that interface element: instead of sorting the ammo types alphabetically, I think it would be very useful and intuitive to have it sorted such that longest-range appears uppermost and shortest-range closest to the player (ie. to the bottom.)

Furthermore, readability could be improved considerably by showing the faction of faction ammo in parentheses after the ammo type, for example: Mjollnir Cruise Missile (Caldary Navy).

(I realise that this is a suggestion and not feedback to the latest update, but the thought was sparked by said tweaks to the related functionality, so I thought it not entirely inappropriate here.)

[EDIT: typocide]

1 Like

Friendly FW-NPCs are still shown as red. Shouldn’t that have changed?

That speech bubble Left click to start conversation on chat windows right next to that narrow scroll bar needs purging as does the " + " on chat windows cluttering it up.

3 Likes

TO: Con’zil Salt - Forum entries suggested a cache issue, I submitted a support ticket. However my impatience found the solution. I uninstalled EVE from the computer, shut down the computer, re-logged in from Accounts page and began to download EVE. A pop up message recorded that there was a previous registration in the shared cache… I answered ‘NO’ to using the same one. I can now successfully log in to my Alpha and Omega. Just as I completed this, I received an email reply from EVE Online Customer Support which I’ve pasted below…

"It would be good to see what is happening with the game client when this issue occurs. In order to see what is happening we can use the LogLite diagnostic tool which comes with the game client. We need the LogLite tool to be running while the issue occurs and so it needs to be started before you log into the game.

To start the LogLite tool you need to click on the ‘E’ in the top right corner of the launcher:
Then select the ‘Start LogLite’ option:

Once it is running you can log into your account. You should see the LogLite tool fill up with information. After you encounter the issue please save the LogLite file and attach it to this ticket.

More detailed information is available about the tool in the LogLite Diagnostic Tool help center article.

Please do not hesitate to update your ticket if you encounter any problems producing the file or attaching it to this ticket. I will also refer this ticket to our Technical Game Masters, who will be able to review the provided log files and assist accordingly with the issue. Your patience is appreciated until they get back to you."

I have since replied to them explaining the action I did in my opening paragraph to you. I hope this has been of some use to you.

G.P.