January 2018 Release - Known Issues & Issue Reporting

I thought I had “replied” to your post, … if you scroll down a bit to 37/60 dated 9th Jan, you’ll see my initial posting which was then subsequently added to by Con’zil Salt. I have since replied to his post recording my solution to the problem. By the time I resolved it, EVE Customer Support had also emailed me. I’ve copy ‘n’ pasted their response in my reply to Con’zil Salt. Hopefully one of the two suggestions offered will be useful to you.

I actually begun using the Agency as a missioneer, and I have to say I like it despite its flaws. Unlike the agent finder, which I usually bypassed by some third party provider, I can find agents near me effortlessly once I narrow down the search. The biggest problem seems to be that under the hood, it filters out excess results without filtering those further away out first. A lot of people complaining also don’t seem to realize it filters out agents you don’t have access, which is something I welcome. All in all, I never had a reason to use any agent finder except the first few times, but this really seems like a workable interface. So thanks! A lot of misinformation is being thrown around by people not even willing to give it a chance.

You can no longer access the customs office from the planet menu in the “Planetary Colonies” window while docked inside a citadel.

1 Like

The behavior of Blood Raider faction (diamond marked NPC) has changed with the latest update.

The deployment of ANY drone in the presence of a Diamond NPC (combat or mining) will trigger the miners to www out and the defense fleet to www in EVEN if the Diamond NPC were not targeted.

1 Like

Outstanding!!! this works great!!! just shut off AA until CCP has a fix … I was really hating that bloom effect from having post processing on high to fit it, but this! this works like a charm so far! thank you!

A lot of people “don’t seem to realize it filters out agents you don’t have access” because this isn’t true. I only get locator agents from a very few corps; but if I ask for locator agents, I get a list of 12 none of whom I can use, drowning out the ones I actually could.

(Of course, if it only showed available agents it would be broken for some other purposes).

2 Likes

I heard that everyone keeps accidentally pressing the chat icons and that’s what is crushing the system and causing all the problems.

1 Like

I keep finding empty hacking sites. Is this WAD?

1 Like

Agency do

1. not have filters like show\hide you don’t have access
  2. not have hi-low-null sec filter - shows all sec. But I want to see only hi-sec for exsample.
  3. not display sience agents OPS?
  4. not display more than 10-15 agents - it`s covers only 2-10 jumps. Yep I want to see all agents, but I cant see them LOL
  5. not display simple tables in rows - only stupid list of 15 agents which by the way I need to scroll to see ( and 10-12 of them not in my search category) with not needed map.
  6. not have region and systems filter

Agency Agent Search simply has only 5% capabilities of original agent finder.

5 Likes

Yes, this too. I forgot to include it in my own list of “fails”

Worst update ever, The Agency screen is too slow and clutterted… bring back the filter which lets you choose local items and take away the big galaxy map.

2 Likes

Right, so now every time I switch ammo types, the unloaded ammo is no longer auto-stacking with its fellows in my hold, the way it used to - MESSY!

3 Likes

Just use “Improved X-Instinct Booster” :joy:

The booster’s only major drawback is the crazed notion that the pilot’s inventory would look so much better if merely rearranged ONE MORE TIME.

1 Like

Why the hell was the Contract type drop down moved to the left edge of the contract window. It is harder to reach and completely inconveniently placed there. It MUST be moved back where it was. When I check characters on the right side and then want to refine search with the contract type, it makes no sense whatsoever to have the contract type drop down so far away from the character text box.

Instead of “fixing” these things… how about you fix the block list for contracts? How about you fix that you cannot hide HS-HS contracts that go through low sec? How about you fix that you cannot have a distinction between Sov Null and NPC Null contracts? How about you fix the god damn search results that show me literally 10 contracts on the first page out of 100 slots? How about you fix things instead of breaking things?

And please tell me that it was not karkur that made this change of the contract type drop down. Please.

Wait, you used to be able to do that??

H’okay, so…
You decide to redo the chat window. You remove the bubble from the icons area that allows us to open a new chat window and add another tab with a ‘+’ icon; this almost makes sense. Then you decide to add that bubble icon to EVERY character name in the member list so it blocks out more of a toon’s name; this makes sense if you assume your players are too stupid to right click->open conversation. Then you decide to leave the options to “Show Infantry” in the member list dropdown AND the option to “Highlight Infantry Messages” in the channel settings dropdown; This makes no sense at all as there is no more infantry. I imagine this conversation:
“Redo ze Chat Window!”
“But I am le tired.”
'Well, have a nap, then REDO ZE CHAT WINDOW, some.
Oh, and BORK ze agent finder!"

6 Likes

This new agent finder in the Agency is just terrible. I can’t search for R&D agents at all. Please remove this useless interface and go back to the nice simple and efficient agent finder that was mistakenly removed from people and places.

Yes I know that it was intentionally removed as a attempt to improve the game but it was in fact a mistake.

5 Likes

ESS haven’t had an info page for months. They just sit like this. You need to spitball everything when you use them.

Core functionality is getting worse and things are breaking more often.

1 Like

Eye Of Sauron?

Didn’t show on a Nemesis next to it. Shows regardless of distance to the sun, and doesn’t scale when zoomed in/out.

Hi,
I keep having problems with finding my way to mission sites and agents. Eg when I accept a mission from the agent & undock I cannot see yellow icons in Overview that used to mark the destination Stargates. When I try to use an autopilot, the game says that there’s no route for it. I’ve tried to reset my overview settings to default but that doesn’t fix the problem.
As a result, I have to open a map and try to find the route on my own, and I feel very uncomfortable as I am new in the game :confused: & suddenly I can see those yellow icons approximately at the distance of 2 or 3 stargates to my destination point.
If you can give me advice how to fix the problem I’ll be very grateful.

2 Likes