January 2018 Release - Known Issues & Issue Reporting

Jan 11th patch didn’t fix the " anti aliasing " anything other than off will cause " Black Screen " upon undocking or docking!

1 Like

Honestly. Who’s really accidently clicking the chat bubble all the time and complaining about this stupid user error against CCP should:

• get used the mouse handling and GUI
  • leave EVE because this seems to be a wrong game for you
  • or just … get a life?

Rediculous those crybaby comments. :wink:

I don’t like the chat bubbles. I can change the chat window so the bubble does not block names, I can control my hands and move my mouse and not accidentally open a chat window.

The point is, I am FORCED to suffer from other peoples misuse and/or abuse of this feature.

My last session, 6 people invited me to private chat, to say OOPS.

A UI should make things usable, not open up an avenue for harassment.

This “Improvement” only duplicates a working function , adds clutter to the interface, confuses some players and in a game where ganking is a way of life, is open to severe abuse.

2 Likes

Having a window (any window / Agency, mail, assets) open when docking breaks the station environment (ie does not load and leaves a star field background).

Undocking, closing any windows then re-docking restores the station environment.

Having a window (inventory, assets etc) open when logging on causes the station environment to not load and be left with a black background.

Undocking, closing any windows then re-docking restores the station environment.

Turn “anti aliasing” off, You shouldn’t have any issues with windows open or closed … CCP needs to fix the anti aliasing, it is what is causing the black screen or black background

Wait. I never knew there is automatic set up of autopilot when you accept mission? I always did it manually using destination information from mission description.

Thanks for that info.

Yet more :psyccp:

1 Like

The report bot function is still non functional.

3 Likes

Still getting the freezing background / black screen when jumping through stargates.

I too am having this issue (account wide). However I have spoken with a few other people that still have the ‘view customs office’ option in that drop down menu.

IMG_20180112_052341

You’re quite right. I meant that when I set destination point from mission description I cannot switch autopilot on cause client says that there’s no route for it & when I try to set it once more I receive message that I can’t do this twice for the same point of destination :exploding_head:

Dear CCP Developers,
I’m sure that you’re quite busy fixing problems with the latest update. But it’s very annoying to spend time on the star map trying to set a route to the mission site instead of setting a destination point through the mission description and switching the autopilot on or use those yellow marks in overview as it used to be before January 2018 Release.
I’ve tried to reset the overview settings to default, I’ve cleared the cache but the problem still stays on whatever I do.
The other problem is that the game cannot display correctly distance to the mission agents. Not speaking of the other problems mentioned above. Please ask yourself a question if your “brilliant” innovations were worthy losing players’ convenience with the game interface.
I know that you’re busy but I’d like to be sure that you acknowledge the problem and working on it. Otherwise, this topic is completely useless :disappointed:

3 Likes

just did a 20 gate jump route where every 2-3 jumps the gate jump graphics froze and stayed like that all over my screen until i jumped into the next system, could use the overview just fine and it updated like it should but the graphics was like this until i changed system, not even docking up changed it. just was in station with the jump graphics

Try turning off anti-aliasing in the Display & Graphics tab off the Escape menu.

2 Likes

I’ve been having this same issue… and everyone is correct… hitting esc, changing a setting, sometimes just opening a window like the fitting window - will fix the problem. But it is recurring… its like the graphics engine just decides to periodically quit.

i filled a ticket bug report thingy.

When I’m logged in, I’m in English Help. In the last two days I’ve seen three reports of unexpected NPC miner aggro; at least twice, by ships from “Joint Harvesting”. In none of these cases did interrogating the player reveal they’d made some error. If I’d just seen one such report I’d write it off as pilot error anyway, but “three times is enemy action”. Unless I’m missing some new feature, I think there may be a bug here.

3 Likes

The skill queue is doing some really funny things, I’m not sure if it’s from this release or not.

Sometimes adding a skill will not show, but when you try to add it again it reports it’s already in the queue.
Sometimes removing a skill will not really remove it (seen by not being able to remove a skill it requires, or finding it back in the queue latter.

Also, now once you have a skill in the training queue (i.e. Drones II) the skill when viewed at the top of the skill sheet will still show the training time for the skill that’s training, not the next level. If Drones II is already in the training queue and therefore a blue block at the top, it should show the time for Drones III, the skill that you can add to the queue.

1 Like

Sometimes when clicking Analyze on scan window, it returns probes to cargo bay instead.

Most confusing when it happens.

Fantastic. The new channel opener button is missing in my chat stack with the local and logs. Amazing.

I’ve been getting “The module is out of charges” when trying to activate guns several times now even though the guns weren’t empty yet. Rather annoying when you think you have 15 charges left and suddenly the guns don’t activate…

And as others pointed out, the open channel button going awol seems a bit weird.