January 2018 Release - Known Issues & Issue Reporting

yes all ammo doing the same

1 Like

So… blue pirates are a thing now. I think you broke something with the pirates changing colour depending on standings.

I’ve been doing anoms for a little while and suddenly I start one and this is the first wave:

Blue

My standings with Angels is -3.51 . As soon as I dropped drones the blue rats immediately switched aggro to them. I pulled my drones warped out and back in again and now the rats are normal colour and I’m keeping aggro properly.

Edit: created a bug report. EBR-142400

5 Likes

I noticed the Skill Times you described as well. It’s a bit of a pain sorting them out for the Alpha account. :frowning_face:

1 Like

That’s not fog. There’s a fire in the Hangar and the sprinkler system isn’t working !! :wink:

4 Likes

So many broken things in this update, so many wrong decisions is this update the end of eve?

Or will there be a new beginning…

You need to roll back the update, take away the pointless chat bubbles, change the colors back and fix The Agency which is now worse than it was…

I am colorblind and the Dark Blue has made it harder for me to play Eve!

4 Likes

Here’s another report of un-earned NPC aggro -

Undocked in a hi-sec system this evening (Mina) - got a little distracted - when I looked back I was under attack by drones.

Lost my Falcon from unprovoked aggro.

Was not aware that I could pick up unprovoked aggro in a 0.8 system.

Weapons (turrets) routinely continue to visibly fire on dead targets’ hulls or stop visibly firing on targets still alive and return to their neutral forward-facing positions. Seems so far to be only a visual bug and does not actually affect combat. It might also be connected with how weapons are grouped. I had two groups of two guns each and one group would do this while the other would behave normally. Ungrouped one gun might do this while all would if all guns are grouped together. Tested on a Paladin with Large Mega Pulse 2’s and a Kronos with 425mm Rail 2’s.

Edit: Btw, noticed this in the patch notes:
“Fixed an Issue whereby one of the grouped turrets would keep playing the firing effect after the target was destroyed when having several targets.”

Ironically not. So that’s an issue that dates back before the Jan release, then.

One other bug I noticed is that, when in Ghost fitting, switching through the cycling/offline/online states for the Large Microwarp Drive fails with the error message usually shown when attempting to cycle the module again before it’s finished it’s cool-down timer in active use rather than allow the module to simulate being turned on like it should.

2 Likes

I’m not endorsing the pointless colour changes, but not to be Captain Obvious, the Custom colourblind mode is pretty flexible these days - can it meet your needs?

CCP still has not fixed the problem with the Search tab in the Asset window. Since a couple of patches ago it inexplicably loads all item locations of a character, freezing the client in the process, before you can search. This was not the case in the past and it is absolutely unnecessary and counterproductive. This UI problem should be fixed instead of adding speech bubbles or moving drop down menus around in the contract window. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

NPC corps just joined CODE

1 Like

CCP did not consider that player can have absolutely random standing with factions and corporations. So, now we have blue pirates and white customs/faction policy on gates, we also have aggressive white NPC miners and red pirates whose won’t shoot you. Complete disorder instead of old functional “color differentiation of pants” when friends are blue and foes are red, depending on situation and regardless of standings.

3 Likes

yes lol

Ditto !

1 Like

The ammo stacking problem has now been added to known issues at the top of this post and will be fixed “soon” TM

2 Likes

Do Not Touch It.

1 Like

nope it makes it worse just tried all the settings

The twit of hope from CSM about Agent Finder.
twitOfHopeFromCSM

I’m never happy when a family pet has to be put down.

1 Like

Sleeper Sites in wormholes used to respawn Sleepers after DT, when you left a specific site trigger. Did you ‘fix’ that? because they don’t do this anymore…

If so: I’m sad for losing the only opportunity to generate a somehow stable income from PvE in wormhole systems. The spawnrates of new sites are very bad and with this ‘fix’ we are left with what spawns… For once.
I hope this was not intentionally ‘fixed’.

o7

Thank you CCP for fixing the " anti aliasing " problem, At least for me everything graphics wise is working like it was before the Jan 9th patch so far :smiley:

2 Likes