Jump clones are almost pointless because if you don’t have implants or you dont care about them without having jump clones you can execute a ‘clone jump’ manually, all you have to do is change your home station and self-destruct, prove me wrong.
Well, I wouldn’t say they’re almost pointless… In my opinion Jump Clones are very important in helping the Capsuleer perform specific tasks much more efficiently… That’s done by fitting each Jump Clone with a set of implants designed for each particular task…
Now like you said, if you’re not going to use implants then there’s no need to have Jump Clones since they cost ISK to install…
DMC
o7
yes, they also cost ISK to jump between though. Now theoretically (and correct me if I am wrong) you could get into a station that you don’t have access to by that method if it had a clone bay wether or not it is a computer owned one or a player owned one.
The cost of jumping to another clone is nothing compared to the potential income a fully fit implanted Jump Clone can make…
As for gaining access to a station (I think you mean player owned structure), I’m not sure if you can actually set a Medical Clone for that structure without the Corp’s acceptance…
Someone else will probably be along to verify if that’s possible or not… I just mainly wanted to state that Jump Clones are not almost pointless…
DMC
o7
and i hear you, i have all 5 jump clones and i appreciate them but it can make them a little more pointless for some players. that is all i was saying
I find many uses for them in all aspects of EvE that matter to me. PvP in particular and also sometimes for industry placements of my worker bees. I love the clone system as it is right now.
So to prove you wrong I have to list my uses… ill pass on that right now.
Jumping Clones and simply having Clones for clone effects are two different things. Both are very important things to keep as they are. These two things are so important that leadership is expected to dictate a lot of it. So for this thread I have to go 180 on you.
Jumping Clones and Clone Effects are two of the most important features in this game. Especially if you live in highsec. To take this away would add another nail in the coffin for everyone who lives here. Only nullsec would advocate for this.
yeah me to
One can have multiple sets of implants for specific purposes. That makes jump clones an absolute necessity. Sure, if one has zero implants then jump clones are a waste of time, but that does not in itself make jump clones ‘pointless’.
Nah jump clones are great.
Basically seed a few mission running sites for your bling ships . Eventually some jealous toddlers will Show up to try and gank you.
I can tell you now there’s nothing more satisfying than seeing them come half way across the Eve universe only for you to jump clones to the other side and make them have to do that trip all over again ![]()
![]()
All 5 jump clones? You sure? How come there is people having 15?
i dont have the advanced skills yet cause they are pricey and i have other focuses
true.
when i want to jump to a different clone during the cooldown timer and/or mining:


You know that you can remote-change your home station only once a year, do you? Otherwise you have to manually fly to the target location to “set home station” there, in which case you wouldn’t need to self-destruct because you are already there. A jump clone there on the other hand can be used once a day (minus some hours from skills).
Some of my PVP toons are maxed out on the amount of clones they can have and each one of them are high grades. I have multiple high grades of the same type… Just so that I could jump into them in different places. This is how all people do it really I’m pretty sure. I have entire fleets based on clones… Major fleet operations involve placements of clones and choices… What are we talking about here?
This.
Also, not running implants is bonkers.
About the same here, although not that extensive. Fit for several purpose with implants as i usually don’t fly a single shiptype for a single profession in EVE that i do for all eternity.
But as with these strange recent topics questioning all and everything without understanding it, i suspect tomorrow someone will propose how isk is totally redundant and we should pay everything in fractions of a PLEX… or at least have a third currency introduced for more easy and transparent conversion…
For real I think it’s a lot of AI posting… AI makes these simple mistakes all the time and if you don’t review it it looks like it makes sense but it’s absolutely garbage.
I have no one blacklisted, but AI usage for forum posts makes me really think about it. It is just a modern way of trollpost flodding to keep you busy with their nonsense.
These people can’t even tell how everyone else can tell they use AI, otherwise they would tell their AI to hide it…
