Left because of wardec

Fredegar Hohenstaufen Corporation. Look it up and its wars. That is all

4 Likes

Just go and join null/low sec or WH entity, mate. And donā€™t bother with that BS.

Because theyā€™re there and itā€™s amusing?

5 Likes

It does such losing corpmates to things. Itā€™s also important to note that people leave EvE for a variety of reasons. Iā€™ve brought probably a dozen peeps to EvE, yet, only 1 has stayed and he barely plays. EvE simply isnā€™t for the faint or the ADHD consumed. EvE is a constant long term strategy that forces you to take destruction into your calculations. Thatā€™s what makes EvE more realistic than other games, honestly. Look at games like WoW, entire areaā€™s where PvP combat simply cannot function and there exist no mechanical reason for that. It just isnā€™t allowed and the developers were too lazy and too unimaginative to give a credible reason why.

1 Like

Come on little guysā€¦whats the sayingā€¦Where thereā€™s a will thereā€™s a wayā€¦

Real talk hereā€¦Donā€™t let the blanket war deccers deter you from playing there really is a way for you to do what you want. You must go on a quest and seek out new techniques and play styles, believe me, youā€™ll find Eve online is a game of epic proportions once you further your knowledge and develop new perspectives.

Iā€™ve seen lots of newbros become very good at pvp, I smile when I think back to how we all cheered on comms when things went our way the thrill of victory is like no other game. Eve is a great game and I would strongly advise newbros to at least try some level of organised team orientated pvp with persons who are enthusiastic and positive about the game before you decide to leave.

2 Likes

Riddle me this; What chance does a player with low skill points, little isk to spare, and little to no practical combat experience in a T1 ship has against a veteran player with years of skill points, isk to spare, years of combat experience, and a blinged out, optimized T2/T3 ship with millions to billions in implants to further increase combat performance? If your answer is anywhere above nil, youā€™re nuttier than me.

Theyā€™re not gonna learn anything from the encounter other than they simply donā€™t have the skills or the isk to stand a chance of fighting back. This was by far the biggest frustration I personally experienced when I was dealing with wardecs as a low-skilled player. I couldnā€™t really fight back because I didnā€™t have the capabilities to do so. All Iā€™d be doing is feeding the pirate kills and giving them an excuse to incur more wardecs against my corp. Today I have the experience, the skills, and the isk to put up a good fight, but not back as a lowly T1-only pilot.

Your other suggestions? Pirate alliances arenā€™t known for their openness to ā€œnegotiationā€ beyond bribing them an exorbitant amount of money to stop a war-dec, and then itā€™s just a guarantee that another wardec will happen since they know that corp will dish out money to them. EVEā€™s notorious reputation for backstabs will guarantee that newbie corps arenā€™t gonna trust random corps to not come back and kill them later, plus charge a huge sum of money the corp wonā€™t have. The alliance option is viable but depends if the corp wants to risk sacrificing the freedom from being a freelanced corp. NPC logi is a cancer that needs to die and the open sore showing the flaws of the entire wardec system, reforming a corp is plain stupid, and moving a corp will only go so far.

1 Like

A reason why so many newbies form their own corps out-of-the-box, get wardecced, get frustrated, and leave is a direct result of EVEā€™s notorious reputation for spies, cold wars, and backstabs involving little to no retribution. Newbies feel they canā€™t trust anyone to not steal from them. They stay in NPC corps or form their own corp for that feeling of security that their hard-earned stuff isnā€™t gonna be stolen by some sociopath with evil in his mind.

While bittervets know how easy it is to gain (and lose) their hard work, newbies tend to be much more cautious and wary of what people say or do, and that has everything to do with the rather toxic culture that EVE has developed. Itā€™s one of the big reasons (along with the game being too 'complex :confused:) that Iā€™ve had friends deny requests to play the game with me.

1 Like

Iā€™ll attempt to answer this.

One could find other pilots who are in the same position and simply try to be friends. We could expand our circle with many like minded people who have a cool and relaxed vibe. A player and his low skill point friends could find ways of avoiding these players and still earning (Use an alt in NPC corp) while they are earning they could train skill points and learn more about the game.

There are people who can show you how a group of low skilled players can take on veterans and show the group how to win in terms of isk loss vs enemies isk loss. Try to realise that as long as youā€™re working with others in an organised fashion it will make you much harder to beat.

My perspective is there is no reason why a group of organised new players canā€™t mobilize a t1 fleet which is well tanked, and has logistics and ECM.

Kato, may I ask youā€¦Are or were you prepared to listen to others ? It would be cool if we could have an honest convo so we can identify where the problem lies and work on a way to proceed and make the problem better.

1 Like

I agree that a single veteran pilot who knows what heā€™s doing can turn a rowdy bunch of inexperienced players into a dangerous weapon. Iā€™ve seen it before in other games such as Planetside 2; A platoon of random, low-experienced players lead by a veteran platoon leader and four veteran squad leaders stopping a superior enemy force dead in their tracks.

There are two potential problem that a group of organized new players face when deciding to fight a superior equipped foe. The first, and obvious one, is experience. Unless they have a FC who knows what heā€™s doing, the first engagements will be sloppy as best, and a disaster at worst. That normally wouldnā€™t be a problem, but then the second issue will reveal its ugly head; money. A bunch of newbies arenā€™t exactly going to have the isk to afford a bunch of losses.

Back when I was a newbie, I didnā€™t have the fortune of having an experienced pilot willing to show the ropes or conduct any type of training. But I was always willing to learn anything I could. I didnā€™t want to just get by. Iā€™ve always had that will to win, that competitive edge you often see in FPS players. When I started living in my first wormhole, some of the pilots there were willing to teach me with practical training how to fight, and the amount of knowledge I gained from that is something I canā€™t ever fully repay. Itā€™s saved me numerous times and gained me as many kills.

2 Likes

The corp that Noragen mentioned above is a good example of this, PIRAT had them under wardec, some others did too; they got experienced FCā€™s, considerable SRP and decent tuition from an unlikely source, an outreach program from the crime and punishment forums including alts that would normally be regarded as spais.

Yes, its pretty close to nil.
Thatā€™s why its not advisable for such a player to start a corp, and instead join one that can help you learn/protect you.

Bigot!

No such thing as natural selection in human society. We care for those who canā€™t do it themselfs, we didnā€™t leave our elders in snow to die, we donā€™t throw deformed children from the rock or to the wild animals. Humans donā€™t undergo natural selection anymore.

1 Like

maybe stop with ā€œWoW babyā€; because WoW do success more than EvE.

WoW is also specifically tailored to primitive minds and people who need it easy. OF COURSE it is successful!

2 Likes

We really should start over again with natural selection might actually have more food and have less babies growing into age 40 wanting their hands held in everythingā€¦

Eve started off as a hard game focused around a PvP sandboxā€¦ It should stay the way it was made.

2 Likes

Wow babies lack the balls to tough it out like the rest of us, to find the best in the fedo and exotic dancersā€¦ To finally figure out that there is more to life then just being a boring miner working for an honest wage, if you want that go live lifeā€¦

You donā€™t you say? You want to play a spaceship game based around the principals of scamming, thieving, lying, espionage and Piracy thrive??? Eve online is the longest living game for this and the rest of the people like me will be damned if you dare make it your panda loving WoW.

So next time your baby get sick you wonā€™t give it medicines? While I agree with hands held problem itā€™s not about natural selection itā€™s social thing.

it never drifted from that concept. In fact, most of the players that stayed more than 6 months were already EvE selected.

Are you implying Iā€™ve not already thrown a kid to the wolves or that I have a kid?
I believe if the child gets sick kick it outside and make it fend for itselfā€¦

So the next that you get sick I take it you will run and hide so no one will throw you outside?