Left because of wardec

:rofl:
give it a knife at least, like in “Capitan fantastic” movie.

U wot?

Stop with the crap…

Playing EVE doesn’t make you a L33T player who is better than any other gamer in any other game.

Personally I’d rather play with that type of player, rather than ones like you who think that somehow they are better than them. You’re not.

1 Like

Yup throw it off a cliff

No I never implyed I was 1337 or elite, I was saying the game has been hard from the start, instead of whining that the game is too hard how about you learn to overcome your obstacles instead of crying it’s too hard…

This is all I see in this thread:
giphy%20(3)

2 Likes

I have a permanent war running on a single corp. 50 mil a week. Their members are becoming clever, grouping up, running ecm and nuet which I as a single players cannot fight against becuase I do not have an army of alts coming to help me. I am starting to love this cat and mouse game. And their members are growing becoming more self sufficient where they have now had other wardecs… and the deccers loose more that they do.

This is what Wardecs are supposed to be. :slight_smile: With the right leaders no matter how young you are in game… you can become formiddable.

9 Likes

Meh, as effective as you personally are, you are only one person.

Dealing with a 1-man wardeccing corp is not the same as dealing with x times 100-man wardeccing corps.

Eve is so cool, I like your perspective and enthusiasm for the game.

@Salvos_Rhoska i can see you omitted to read the part where they take on other wardecs

It’s important to read the whole thing before making a very dumb comment lol

You ignored the part that they have already negated Kane’s 1man efforts with ECM/neuts.

Fact remains, a 1man wardec is not the same as several hundred man wardecs.

True, they’re easier to deal with :joy:
Hundred-men wars that is

2 tears. Thanks. Nomnom.

So you think a 100man wardec is easier to deal with than a 1man wardec?

Can you explain that utter nonsense?

You can see those coming from 100 miles
And since the maximum you’ll see at once is about 20-25% (due to tz and stuff), you can easily bring more or just blueball them. And that’s if they get out of the pipe and hubs :joy::joy::joy::joy:

You can’t see a solo deccer who knows what he’s doing.
I do guerrilla warfare, if they saw me coming Then I failed at my job. But they don’t.

You can’t counter what you don’t know is coming

I shouldn’t even have to explain such basic things to someone that played for so long

2 Likes

The point you missed is that both parties seem to be having fun, he was impressed that they fought back, they learned more about the game and implemented logi and ecm to their defence.

It doesn’t matter who lost. I get the impression none of the parties involved plan on leaving which is what we are looking for.

I get that kannibal likes the cat and mouse game, I liked it too when I spent many years fighting solo and being outnumbered. It was all so cool.

2 Likes

Well I have not lost yet… :slight_smile: And still kill when I find one. Which CCP has made a lot harder now that I cannot check who is online using the chat channels. :slight_smile:

But yeah… It is also becuase of them that I am skilling into a ship that does not need cap to shoot.

And for the most part I find it harder to deal with pvp corps that fight solo or 2 vs 100man wardec. Because you know most of these will focus in tradehubs so easily avoided.

4 Likes

Those are the borders of the sandbox. If the sand when on endlessly without borders it would be a desert not a sandbox.

1 Like

I have suggested a war dec holiday for entities that fight back against war deckers, the objective is to give something that benefits the defender and gives them a reason to fight back and something of value.

The weakest part is of course dealing with defenders trying to game it, such as very rich and savy incursion running entities

War dec holiday for fighting back against war decs.

Objective
To give hisec corps a reason to fight back against war deckers and give them something of real value, a break from war decs. There will be a toggle rather like Friendly Fire to allow the war dec holiday to be applied or not which the CEO can adjust, points will only accumulate when it is enabled.

Methods
Points based, using the same mechanism as the bounty system to assess the value of the kill

Based on kills achieved in a war or based on kills and losses, losses only contribute a small number of points. Noob ships and empty pods do not give any value

Aimed at hisec entities only.

It is felt that the easiest would be to base it on kill achieved in a war, however for some the simple act of undocking and playing during a war dec is actually a good thing to push, so it is felt by the author that giving points for losses would be acceptable.

Restrictions
If the corporation or alliance owns any sov, or has structures in lowsec, nullsec or WH space then they are not able to benefit from this, so making it hisec only.

When the holiday is applied the corp or alliance is able to declare war or join any war as an ally, but if they do then the war dec holiday ends and they lose all of the time benefits.

Does not apply a holiday if the corp of alliance has any structures in hisec space. But points accumulate.

Gaming the mechanic issues
The defenders could create a corp or alliance to get kills against so as to gain points for a war dec holiday. A simple algorithm could be created to assess the entity to see it is a real war decker, this would be based on looking at other war decs and kills achieved.

If the war dec holiday only applies to the aggressor who went to war against them then war deckers will simply war dec with other entities, that is why it has to be a general war dec holiday to be worthwhile fighting for.

I am especially looking for replies from hisec players that have defended themselves against war deckers, what is your feeling about this and could it help in pushing you to give it a shot.

1 Like

Lets see if I understand this.

Your idea is is to have corps who are decced accumulate points based on their kills, when they get enough points they can choose to be immune from a wardec they have scored points on for a period of time. Is this correct?

If I am right I think there would need to be a way for the wardeccer to stop them getting points and denying them immunity/holiday from that specific wardec.

He has it in there.

Losses contribute very little (but still contribute, because continued activity during a war should be encouraged) and if they get kills, they score more points.

So all the attacker needs to do is keep killing the defender, scoring a heap of points of their own and having the fun they were looking for, and not lose to them. If they are good, they will. However, eventually they will have milked the defender so much, that the war will end. That’s just an issue of balancing how many points a loss is worth.

I think it’s a good idea personally.

They would be immune to a yet undecided period of time from being war decked as long as they do not have any structures in hisec space.

This answered it:

The objective is to reward people for fighting back with something meaningful. It is a bit of a nudge, because so many people in hisec say there is no value in fighting back, so if they have one, who knows what will happen.

1 Like