Left because of wardec

1. What is your initial proposition of the wardec immunity duration?
  2. Would this apply also to the aggressor winning the war by points?
  3. Why the HS structure requirement?
  1. Is there any other reward from winning the war by points, except wardec immunity?

2. What happens to the loser?

3. This system seems to favor the war initiator. Scipios summation and your response seem to be in contradiction. His statement is that an attacker just has to keep exploding defenders, whereas yours is that fighting back would be incentivized.

4. Have you considered, that generally people only declare war when they think they can win, and that the system you propose enforces that, against the interest of an unwilling/weaker target?

1 or 2 weeks.

No, I would assume that war deckers would not have the box checked.

Structures should always be vulnerable and defended by force. It is meant to be a period to recharge their batteries.

Bragging rights, e-peen, shiny mods etc.

What happens now?

I thought it was obvious, it helps both, because more content and the hisec defender gets a break from war deckers if he does actually do well, even going into space and getting blown up gets rewarded.

That is a generalization, at this point I can say that many people war dec for targets to shoot and that is their main motive.

I came up with this suggestion because I saw so many people say that they had no benefit to fighting back, so here is one with something they value.

This suggestion should be read as being part of other changes, not just on its own, which are included in the documents above.

if people knew what we ususally flew around in ,
this question wouldn’t come up at all.

1 Like

Its ■■■■ you chose to quote, instead of follow the numbered question model I proposed. I did that for your benefit, to make it easier for you to answer, and yet you now made me have to re-number each issue/query/response.

1. 1-2 weeks of wardec immunity is pretty paltry, compared to wars that may last months before resolved by your point system.

2. What “box” checked?

3. That doesnt explain why structures are part of the restriction on wardec. Not all corps that engage/defend in wardec have structures, or inversely may have many of them.

4. Ok, bragging rights and loot are already a part of wardec/PvP. Your suggestion adds nothing to that.

5. Nothing happens to the loser, now. Thats why I asked what happens in your proposal.

6. Its not obvious. Just means highly aggressive/capable wardec corps can pick weaker targets with impunity.

7. Corps that dont want to/cant fight against a superior wardeccer would be foolish to do so. Your proposal does not change that.

Sorry, but I dont agree with your proposal at all.
I cant even begin to fathom how the point system would be calculated.
1-2 weeks wardec immunity is no incentive for a corp that wont/cant fight a superior force anyways.
The HS structure restriction disregards that some corps have none, and others have many.
The reward system you propose clearly favors an overwhelming force against a smaller target.

Overall, there is not even one element of your proposal that I think is rational, feasible or equitable.

I get that you wanted to provide incentive to defend, as a wardec immunity reward, IF you win in points, but your proposal doesnt deliver that, either as sufficient reward, nor change the fact that some corps just CANT beat larger aggressors.

Furthermore:

1. Serious loophole: Lets say I make an alt 1 man corp and declare war on my main corp. I then sacrifice my alt 1-man corp to pump my main corps defense points. I, as defender, end up winning the war, and receive 1-2 weeks of wardec immunity. Rinse repeat for permanent wardec immunity.

I dont understand what you mean.
What do you usually fly around in?

How would that relate to Dracs point system?

Somehow he explained all that, and it’s already better than the system we currently have imo
Keep up with ignoring what’s been clearly said pal

Holy mother of all salt
That didn’t take much to piss you off did it

Didn’t piss me off.
Just made coherent replying unnecessarily more difficult.

I haven’t ignored anything that he said.

Nope
Nor did it make it hard to understand either

You’re just looking for a reason to argue pointlessly again (as usual)

Funny.
Seems to me thats what your doing, and without any relevance to topic either.
Atleast my response was ontopic to him, on a point for point basis.
Yours was…not.

Get off my back, Dom.
Post ontopic, or go do something else.

who needs points when you can get loot like that.

2 Likes

Drac, your idea is good I’d just say that it feels like a game. You read kannibals post earlier and it seems many new players cope fine with the current mechanic.

I think the mechanic is fine as it is. Its dark and relentless and gives the feeling that eve is an experience rather than a game. Eve is just what it is, nothing more, if people have difficulty adapting to the mechanics CCP has set then they may have to ask if eve is right for them.

Agreed.
The point system he proposes (without defining it) is crap.

1. This game is supposed to be hard and it is better than it is now. Don’t forget that this is a holiday from any war dec.

2. See where I mention Toggle, it is a tick box which indicates whether you have this turned on for your corp or alliance.

3. It is to enable corps to have a breather, but many war deckers feel that as long as people have a structure in safe it should be possible to attack it, so that is why the war dec holiday does not apply until they have no structure.

4. Peace and quiet in Eve from war decs.

5. Well if they are war decked until the corp folds that is a loss is it not, this is so that corps that fight back get a benefit from that and don’t get dog piled into the dust.

6. Like now, but if you manage to kill something, benefit.

7. It is a nudge to pick up on a more can do attitude that I did see from some players, hopefully it would develop.

8. It is based on ship value like the bounty system, the only people likely to do this is a savy rich Incursion corp, and I have thought of a way to deal with this, but it does involve defining within the database that the attacker is a real attacker.

As for the negative reply, it is part of a number of things that have been proposed and should be looked at with those other suggestions.

The identity of an entity is quite important to some players, so it feeds on that.

People now cannot say there is no benefit to fighting back, because there is one.

This is a baby step to try to change things, it is quite understood by me that it is not solving the entire problem of war decs in hisec. I am also aware that many people will not benefit from it as they do not have the will to stand up and fight, adding points for a loss was key to giving something for those that un-dock.

I was replying to your post while getting ready for a major fleet fight so I quoted you for my benefit. That is why I took so long to reply to this post.

o7

I cant sign your proposal as it stands. I see many holes in it, and much that incentivizes overpower rather than defending from a difficult position.

Good luck with developing it further. (No sarcasm).

Thanks, I have listened to the other side so to speak, my ‘negativity’ was more to do with what I saw rather than my own attitude, because my first war dec I just went and annoyed the war deckers on the Jita undock with Vindi’s and Bhals in their weakest period reducing their kills for three days. As I did not want a return war dec I made sure I did not kill any. So it did not become personal. I won if you like.

The war dec mechanic is pretty good overall, but needs some adjustments to re-balance a bit. The game is deep and that is key to its long life, but it is a sandbox, the difficulty is balancing to different player types while keeping it’s dark nature, CCP generally do a pretty good job even with some naff errors.

A very important aspect would be some people standing up to develop a resistance to the blanket war deckers, playing smart etc. As I am mainly during the week Au TZ it does not fit for me and I am having a lot of fun in nullsec at the moment.

Thanks for the feed back and good wishes.

1 Like

My response to this is I’d say it is good to get a varied view on hi sec, meaning did you go to areas far away from jita where there were less wardecs? I just fear that people will see what it’s like around Jita and only use that to base their opinion of hi sec upon and then say the mechanics need to be changed.

If i got decced in hisec repeatedly by overwhelming odds id move out further and see how it goes. I’d then use an NPC alt to do some low risk hauling. Perhaps the pilots who live in hisec away from Jita have a different perspective, and are totally fine with the mechanics.

That war dec was because I was spotted webbing an Orca from Osmon to Jita by a war decker, I knew who he was and was amused to see the war dec come in not long after we had crossed paths.

My hisec base was in Kador for most of the time I was in hisec, with other locations used as secondary bases, it was when I did some more aggressive AG stuff that I got war decs, taking out a gankers’s POS in Niarja. After that period I got a few in Kador which were easy to avoid and I did a war dec myself which ended up with PIRAT, PE and VMG allying with the corp I had war decked, which was not a surprise as I knew that there was an agreement on POCO’s, and thst was the only loss I suffered personally in a war dec as PIRAT did the eject from ship change corp trick to get a point on my Gank toons Talos.

In the Kador system I was mining, so I switched from using Skiffs to using Procurers and continued with no issues, but it did get in the way of my AG stuff as I often went to save stuff in Guardians or Basilisks…

People have to accept that this will impact their day to day stuff if they operate in the main trade and mission hubs and use the main pipes, but outside of that you are totally fine because there are very few hunters that can be bothered to hunt you.

Absolutely, but this is the issue that affects newer players more than older ones, I have a fully trained Bowhead / Frieghter / DST character that I can drop into an NPC corp with no impact at all, I have a character who can run Level 4’s in a Paladin which I can drop out no issue at all. Newer players tend to have all their eggs in one basket, so it is a bit heavier on them. The secret to successful hisec operations is to have multiple characters trained up to do different things and have a network of solo corps owning structures along with friends. When people say that war decs are more of an issue on newer characters that is not incorrect.

1 Like

If a player leaves cos of a wardec or being blown up, there is very little CCP can do about it.

Wardecs and being blown up are part and parcel of EVE.

1 Like

Do you want a spotter or a scout? Kinda bored with pve and wanted to try something else without combat pvp involved.