Left because of wardec

There was more to that conversation, the part before I mentioned the Goons, perhaps you should include that. AH you are not allowed to include that here, pity.

Magical structures is a vapid throw away line, and in any case I was referring to an office with CONCORD, I was thinking either a console or better still a CONCORD agent. I also then suggested having the ability to pick and chose with structure you linked the war dec too and by the way the intel like watch lists would be from that agent or console in that structure. You see unlike people in that war dec I was trying to make suggestions instead of chanting magical structures continuously.

He was defending VMG but was effectively no longer in VMG, so his understanding of what I was suggesting was not based on being VMG.

What I have suggested is most certainly not capture the flag, there is a huge difference. But the idea of allowing 4 wars without a structure is to enable smaller bros to get started.

I made that clear, I was not doing a document, I was instead trying to give you the viewpoint of the other side of the fence and trying to push ideas along, I did not see my role as doing a document. How many times did I have to say that?

The war dec vacation was explained in detail and one person said they would include it in their doc, again it was left for people to make suggestions and to improve it, if you remember you wanted to just tie it to winning the ISK war while I wanted to give them points for losing combat ships to make people want to fight.

Capture the flag is like in paint ball games where you run up and grab the flag and its over, not at all what I am suggesting with Citadels, you do know how long it takes to kill a fuelled one in hisec?. To define it as capture the flag is incorrect.

It has knock on affects, I mentioned it in this thread, see if you can work it out?

He said that he was looking to tie wars into structures to put some skin in the game, it was linked in that Discord.

I agree with you there, it was a one liner so very low on the priority just as war decs are low on their priority.

I had an alt in VMG before the theft. I do not have a character in the new alliance. I defend them on specific things, and those tend to be the things that people like you tend to blow out of the water or exaggerate.

Weā€™ve already discussed what I can and canā€™t speak to, and I try not to defend what I do not know. They also obviously care very little about what you think about them, because the truth is that when / if they return to Highsec full-time you might end up quitting the game again for another year :stuck_out_tongue:

The point I was making in Discord is that it doesnā€™t HAVE to be a magic structure or anything like that. The point in starting off with that in the discussion was just to open up the discussion and kinda say like:

ā€œHey what gives? You claim you want to pvp in highsec, but all you seem to care to shoot at are carebears and people that canā€™t really fight back. You have lots of ā€œpvpā€ groups in highsec to shoot at yet no one seems interested in doing soā€¦ Why?ā€

So prove me wrong Lord Raz and show me a group that is capable of producing results when faced against another ā€œpvpā€ group in highsec. I think that the last group that really yielded any meaningful results was VMG. The Gnomes were a large part of that, but you canā€™t just repeat the rhetoric thatā€™s surely to follow this post, because Khromius, Natural, and others have led hunting parties such as these and produced results.

So please show me that youā€™re more than capable of doing more than beating on cripples, and then maybe you can have some kind of voice as to how Wardecs should be. Seems to me that youā€™re more interested in preserving your playground of cripples than you are in having actual challengeā€¦ Might be why you immediately blued a specific group of people upon them becoming active in the game again? Oh right, I forgot: ā€œMUTUAL RESPECTā€ :wink: gotcha!

1 Like

Ohā€¦ I answered you on discord and gave you some examples before I noticed your post.

the last thing we did was thisā€¦

Not sure if defending a Fortizar against a 45+ merc fleet is good enough? But since they did not go after it before we only had 3 active guys left Iā€™d say it does.

Its not like I have anything against fighting other mercs, but If I put up the middlefinger and dec all mercs, who would hire me to go against them if an employer found themself under the thumb of another merc? Iā€™m already at war with them in the first place.

1 Like

The majority of the forces engaged on your side were from an ex-Devils player bringing in people from his nullsec alliance. But if you can defeat other war deckers if you need to, then what is your issue?

I had the impression that you were concerned about a domineering mercenary entity like VMG / PIRAT or an effective and aggressive nullsec alliance that reacted rather strongly to your war dec. You are obviously fairly proud of that defence and it was obviously fun. But part of the fun of Eve is having to fight when you donā€™t want to, such as this example.

When I left that Discord I got the impression that the majority of people there were in fact warbears and the very idea of having skin in the game that enabled others to affect them was too much for them, and that really rather shocked me. And it seemed to me that on one hand you expected your prey to have skin in the game but not the war deckers and quite frankly telling me that flying a blng fitted ship was the skin in the game as some did (not you) was a bit of a joke.

I hope CCP go with this skin in the game, and I hope one of the developers sees what I posted here, because if it is applied it, and if CCP think it though and give you the modified type of watch list via a CONCORD agent in your citadel, you can go hunting again, with a little bit of risk that someone will kick your sand castle over.

As I said to you and other several times, this was just a one time thing. How many times should I call for help from old devils to keep my wars up?

Oh really, then I see no real issue in wars how they are atm?

So you think that you can affect the game play of carebears, but no one can affect the gameplay of warbears. So they have to fight to maintain their ability to mine, run missions etc., but you donā€™t have to fight to defend your ability to war deck. It was this type of attitude that was rather amazing to see.

Oh but you do, it is in your document.

I totally agree with you that trying to satisfy contracts while in a war with other mercs may be calling for being easily baited and whatnot.

I would say that your video showing the defense of the Fortizar is a good example of an entity not being bullied by larger groups. I agree that it would be exhaustive to have a Null Sec entity come to your aid for every structure timer, but I have a hard time seeing that if you had really tried you could round up the support of highsec locals that had an equal distaste towards the aggressors.

I am not putting all the blame on you after all. I will totally acknowledge the fact that your Fortizar was targeted during a period when you were as a group, your weakest and most inactive. Similar situation happened recently with Gnomes vs VMG. Seems like VMG isnā€™t so scary when thereā€™s a ton of inactivity, and even then some groups were hesitant to join in the fight against. This largely proves my point in that no one actually wants difficult content. They will rather wait till you take a break from the game and then strike.

My whole stance comes from wanting to see this same kind of conflict happen in the game, and not just when a group is at their weakest. I would prefer it be achieved without any sort of convoluted mechanics or system that CCP puts in place, but the reality is that people wonā€™t change. So you can call it running away to a wormhole in the same way you called your year+ off a ā€œbreakā€. I just choose to play the game in a different area of space rather than quit because wars were no longer what I desired.

1 Like

Not every item is like that. Simple answer is to not make things that sell for less than the cost to make them. Sadly too many people make the same things and then wonder ā€œwhy it is cheaper than the materialsā€. This is also due to idiots who think that the minerals they mine are free (they are not unless your time is free).

What ifā€¦ such corporation couldnā€™t anchor or own any structures? Then such system could be added.

This is really funny, considering you rant that NS hunting would be too easy for ā€œcasual/crapā€ hunters without immediate Local intel there.

Stinks of bias and hypocrisy.

TLDR:
You think removal of watchlist made it too hard, but then think removal of immediate Local intel makes it too easy.

That does not parse well together, except as an indicator of personal, vested interest. Ie: You are not being honest.

1 Like

Go on then Salvos Iā€™ll +1 that logic zinger. Donā€™t get big headed about it :wink:

2 Likes

Bullocks!!!

That is what they said, but I beg to differ, the example that rams that crap back down their throat is the ex-VMG guy in Gallente space who is doing it as it should be done, which I mentioned above, so please read what I wrote and stop trying to troll.

Personally I was amazed to find just how casual most war deckers were, and it was a bit of a shock to me.

Unlike you mate I listen to people and try to adjust to balance out and not get on my high horse about it, still I was amazed at just how casual, self-absorbed and entitled they were.

For me hisec is a more casual place to operate in and yet some people plunder it in an entitled way, warbears and gankbears for example, but if you are not able to see that then whateverā€¦

Hunting should take time and be difficult in this game, stop being a damn carebearā€¦

So there is no hypocrisy in what I said, but they reek of it, they are casual players, while I will accept ten hours to get a kill, they will not! So nice try on the fail trolling . I spent two weeks setting up one guy to get a kill and getting his safe spot, so am I entitled? I spent a week getting some one conditioned to rep his mobile depots, that is hunting not the bullshite they think is hunting.

Think before you open you mouth and accuse me of hypocrisy.

I would take that as a negativeā€¦

says the guy making more edits on one post than I post in one day :joy:

1 Like

What you would do has never been much of a compass for others, so you feel free to take it as whatever your little heart desires buttercup.

I had wondered if anyone else noticed that. Iā€™ve sat for 30mins+ at work before, just watching Drac start, delete and restart his sweet retort upwards of 20-30 times before posting. ā€œSweet burn must be PERFECT ! ! !ā€ :blush:

1 Like

Correcting spelling mistakes mate, does that give you a false sense of superiority? Then enjoy it!

Also I added to that post additional points to his points, being efficient.

who said anything about superiority? :thinking:

Nah I spell like a grown up, so itā€™s not a false sense of superiority is it.

But you post like a two year old.

I donā€™t see the link. Do 2 year olds tend to rip on wastemen on the internet these days? I feel thatā€™s more in the range of about 8-14, before great spelling and a sharp wit raise my communications those last few years to adult levels :smile: