Left because of wardec

I am interested to know if the change to public chat channels which show people in the chat channel is helping in terms of targeted war decs.

Because all you have to do is get alts in key public chat channels and you know if they are online or not, if of course your target uses public channels and is too dumb to leave them when in a war dec.

Does this change anything?

You do realize that CCP actually helped you hunter killer war dec types a bit here?

I haven’t follow these threads, but I guess it’s totally possible that someone would waste their time this way.

On the other hand, people gave mostly the wrong suggestions. It’s not about leaving highsec or living in another kind of space, it is about either being a super hardcore fast learning thick-skinned bright-minded hard-working nerd or like 99% of the people who tell others to harden up:
join the groups that trouble you.

Literally at this point this is what almost everyone did or does. Many of the people who tell you @OP to play the game differently joined not just any group (inb4 someone retorting eve social game blabla), but they joined groups that offer protection through size, strength and setup.

That’s the essence of the game that most people play. Be a cute little coward but pretend you are not, by joining a group that is already strong enough to have your back.

Also just because OP generally whines about wardecs (which is obviously wrong), it doesn’t mean that wardec mechanics aren’t partly stupid. Groups who use them in a cool way make wardecs fun. Groups who only use them for gatecamping in highsec make them a laughably stupid mechanic. Gates should be for gankers only, because they actually add something to the game.

Them spitting on it after they’ve already left you bloody and broken, just because it chafes them a bit is hardly worth considering ‘help’.

What you’re suggesting is even more flying monkey work.
Flying monkey work kills the soul.
It wouldn’t be so bad if it yielded results, but much like masturbation after drinking a fifth of whiskey… you’re gonna end up working really hard and get nothing but a tired arm in return.

All they need to do is fix locator agents.
It’s all they’ve ever needed to do since nuking the watchlist.
It’s really that simple, and honestly I’m still dumbfounded as to why they haven’t.

2 Likes

Well I noticed one very good war decker using the Anti-Ganking channel to keep tabs on the online status of the people he had war decked. It certainly works, have you tried it?

We don’t have wars anymore.
Those who hit the big red button slumber in their dusty tombs, surrounded by their hoard of treasure… awaiting the coming of better days.
I’m not going to rouse them for something that may work, but only under certain circumstances.
When a real solution arises, and only then, I will happy run amok through the catacombs banging my drum for the war march to resume.

2 Likes

Wardecs are meant to be one sided affairs.

Who the hell would declare a war they would lose?

Mostly they are used in high sec to get rid of other corps in the area. Get them out of your mining belts etc.

I’m a one elf corp so I can’t do a war, and just sit them out. I should start an alt I guess but meh.

I’ve had it happen a couple of times
People thought we were easy prey and stuff…
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes I wardecced Code, Yes they were easy prey.

(Oh yes, killed a bunch of Stuff owned by Mercs, whilst being wardeced by PIRAT n co. )

My huge Corp consisted of my son and I.

Thx for the tears Codies.

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

Oh wow a POCO
must have been a real challenge /s

https://zkillboard.com/war/541242/ is the most notable

then the offensive wars where they thought no one would come after them:
https://zkillboard.com/war/532137/
https://zkillboard.com/war/551763/
the one was my personal favorite, defenders gave a good shot at defending with the help of @Jay_Bagzie, almost lost my lovely Vargur to a well-orchestrated bait :heart:

Experience is the best teacher with wars
It’s already been about 2 years since I lost anything to wars, and I haven’t stopped doing them either :wink:

1 Like

Calm down Dom, wetting everyone with those tears.:rofl:

That big Ard war with a Noob Uni looked pretty balanced. Gave their Noob players a gr8 experience destroying your stuff.:neutral_face:

How about you tell the gud peeps in GD how Code got spanked by Tora. ( still hold feelings Marmites kicked you? )

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

They didn’t.

I left then rejoined Gate is Red, but I guess you know more about what I did than myself eh? :joy:

Oh wait, you don’t
Ty for showing GD

E: funny how you dissapeared after those pocos btw

1 Like

Sorry Dom, you are obviously easily triggered m8, I’ll just depart on your last set of tears.

:surfing_man:

hang ten \ooo/ \ooo/

What tears?

You’re just another try hard keyboard warrior playing on the forums instead of ingame

Is EVE too hard for you? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Today I learned that nitshe is a proud ‘hit and run’ poco slayer :rofl:

Hey he killed some 200mil POCO no one cared about two years ago. He is clearly a hero.

Wait untill he tells you the story how he payed billions of ISK to Tora to fight CODE. (e.g. whoring on CONCORD killmails so he keeps on funneling more ISK over) :rofl:

2 Likes

:thinking:

Oh I already know that one, must have been too hard to kill a bunch of -10 toons :sweat_smile:

1 Like

wardecks are ■■■■; currently one of the most boring pvp games in eve - i imagine thats why the guys who do them have so many, if it was fun and you actually got content youd only need one or two.

1 Like

unless you like sitting on gates for hours on end in your free time that is.

If we had the tools we’d only have a couple :wink:

But said tools were removed to give nullsec supers unneeded safety