Left because of wardec

Paging @Helicity_Boson, Mittens and all the belligerent undesirables.

Ragnarok required in hisec.

You know whatā€¦ it would be kind of funny for all of the biggest alliances/coalitions in the game to temp-blue each other, and spend a week roaming around HS in gankships. Anything thatā€™s not blue gets ganked.

Itā€™d be like burn jita, but way bigger.

Then you have people crying that highsec isnā€™t safe and all :joy:

2 Likes

Glorious.

Dozens of fleets 200-300 strong, roaming around killing everything in sight. Each fleet have a prober or two so they can go find mission runners.

If it does, tell Vile Rat o7

Hah, Iā€™m just a line member, and usually on the other side of the line from the goons. But Iā€™d totally be onboard for it.

To make it even more hilarious, we could say weā€™re doing it to protest the latest wardec changes :rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™m just a hisec bear, with sec status to burn.

Iā€™d be on board for profit, lols, and to pop Jonahā€™s cherry.

Jesus Christ. I just saw the change proposal for December.

CCP Falcon ā€œwHatā€™S a HoLDIng CorP?ā€

Edit: NaCl

You killed me. Salt my corpse and let it dry.

I havenā€™t seen many opinions or complaints about the wardec changes so I assume everything is ok. I am interested in the wardeccers perspective, how will you go about finding pvp? Is going deeper into null sec for pvp an option?

You ask as if the highsec deccers were already PVPing.

if you stopped calling it pvp as if it was a single thing only, with no varieties, you might actually eventually learn to understand why people choose to do different things in different places, for different reasons.

1 Like

Iā€™m not responsible for how you interpret whatā€™s typed here obviously there are lots of varieties of pvp. Generally, the act of one player firing at another is called PVP.

What I understand is the hisec wardeccer is lazy and for some reason they think that a constant supply of pvp should just land on their doorstep for their entertainment. If they want entertainment they will have to wardec and seek out corporations who are capable of fighting back.

Do you have any view point on how wardeccers will satisfy their pvp thirst? or are you just here to type slick comments and pick apart what others say without adding anything to the conversation yourself?

1 Like

Translation: Everyone is the same. Theyā€™re all equal. Just like all black people are drug dealers, all germans are nazis, all jews are rich. Do you see where Iā€™m coming from?

I would have a conversation with you if you showed that you were capable of having one. Instead you throw lines like ā€œthe highsec wardeccer is lazyā€ without differentiating. You can have such conversations with people belonging to your echo chamber, but by all standards itā€™s not going to be an intelligent conversation ā€¦ just like most conversations on this forum.

Another example of your stupid way of thinking comes from people crying that gankers are griefers and only looking for easy kills and tears. Thatā€™s equally untrue. When you take your perceived norm and declare that it applys to everyone, then youā€™re making a dumb mistake only revealing your poor understanding of reality.

Maybe you should try again.

Editting for uncensoring the truth.

3 Likes

I think you got your answer above Aaron, just the slick comments.

Here is projection, he is trying to make out that you think this.

But of course you never said that, it is him projecting his own stereotype on you such as the list he gave you above:

So what he is saying back to you is that every person who says there are issues of balance and perhaps we need to change things is a whiny carebear who has no understanding of the game.

What he does not know that you took a small corp of new players and gave a war decker a bloody nose a number of years back.

I have seen quite a few complaints by war deckers, there are the normal ideological ones, no part of Eve should be safe, blah blah blah, and then we have the more knowledgeable less ideologically driven ones where they understand that the most recent changes in terms of making wars only possible against entities with structures actually impact small war deckers the most.

In my opinion it only marginally decreases the potential targets for the blanket war deckers, because they were getting most of their kills on nullsec and WH/lowsec groups in any case.

Currently there are groups of war deckers going after Upwell structures in hisec, and grinding them down, but we are already seeing worrying signs in terms of their staying power in regards to calls for making it easier. When in fact Upwell structures need to be made tougher. And the hisec bonuses need to be improved too.

The thing is that we want war decs to move to smaller groups and entities having localised conflict with real meaning, and that is what CCP needs to try to develop, but it is easier said then done.

I took the view that having a clear out of the mass of Upwell structures was a good thing in that at some point I would hope that people who wanted the benefit would gang together and do it and defend it. That is a hope on my part, and to be blunt it would require pushing it along a bit.

I am a number of others have called for their defensive abilities to be enhanced.

All in all I like the fact that these hisec entities can now be left alone until they decide to go for a structure, because to be blunt many hisec groups were picked apart before they could really form into anything meaningful.

These are my opinions, it is complicated and there are people who do not follow these broad outlines, there are people that will never undock to fight, just as there are war deckers who are only interested in no risk easy kills.

But to be honest, you will never get the information you are asking for from the forums, the most vocal of who no longer actually play Eve, just the forums.

As for asking if they would look to go into deeper null and I think you mean Stain, the answer is no, Stain has an issue with logistics which Stainguy on Reddit keeps on pointing out, previously when you could jump in carriers it was possible to work in Stain, but once it was just JFā€™s and you have one choice only it is too much of a pain. Blanket war decker type players would never ever do something as tedious as that.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and your family.

3 Likes

Ok, I get your point. I should have specified clearly which group of hisec wardeccers I am referring to as I know not all of them sit at gates waiting for kills. There are some that hunt for their targets and go out of their comfort zone. I can accept that I should have said ā€œThe wardeccers that only camp gates are lazyā€. You got me.

My opinion on gankers is a fair one. I think it is a huge part of this genre of game. I have played Elite (1986) which this game is based upon so I know that ganking freighters was a valid method of earning from the very beginning. I have been very active in forums suggesting that people limit their loss when hauling or use Frog services to ensure it gets there. If one does not take precaution when hauling then they are open to being ganked which is in line with the harshness I expect from this beautiful game.

If I take too much risk and get ganked I will say GF without complaining or insulting, I will get up off the floor, dust myself off and find another way to do it.

I hope I have made it clear that I am here for honest convo, I am trying to push an agenda yes, that agenda is pilots should come out of their comfort zones more. If PVP has dried up in hisec then the ā€œlazy wardeccer who only camps gatesā€ should try to broaden their horizon and come out of their comfort zone. I am genuinely interested in what they plan to do next because they created content for the game and I wouldnt want them to cry and leave the game. I want them to embrace Eve further and continue being part of this beautiful game.

Sorry for not making myself clearer, I realise I must be very specific if I want a good convo here.

1 Like

Actually no I did not mean Stain, what I meant was ā€œthe lazy wardeccer who only camps gatesā€ should take the fleet into low and null sec and attempt to find other fleets and see who has the best fleet commander. The reward should be that they were able to fight with a well known fleet/fleet commander and win. Iā€™d even suggest there should be some sort of channel where fleets can taunt each other and arrange fights.

Generally my discussion is purely about what the ā€œlazy hisec gatecamping wardeccerā€ is going to do at this point, Iā€™m a little worried they may start protesting and leaving.

1 Like

Next ā€œisā€ months long changes to highsec because of the coming changes to wars, with the aim of providing more tools for content creation in ways thatā€™ll make more ā€œgroups of peopleā€ happy, compared to the status quo, or what we had before.

Weā€™ve reached a state where CCP has found a way of gating wars into highsec (ā€œhas to have a structureā€) in a way that gives lots of other people a way of opting out without the perceived inability of having a name for their own.

The plebs are relatively safe; now they need to find a please those with both ambitions and balls. Remember, wars arenā€™t just about war deccers. Theyā€™re about removing competition. The goal will not be making the current crop happy, but creating opportunities for benefits which can be fought over. The more wars, the happier the economy and those willing to fight for something, as long as every participant is actually willing to participate ā€¦ and thatā€™s going to work out.

Thatā€™s boring. Whereā€™s your interesting content in that?

Current/Former good crop of deccers in general want aggression and shenanigans in highsec because of the emergent stories involving other people. Strangers, with ongoing interactions over days and weeks. War Stories, and no people hiding in stations. What youā€™re talking about is on the opposite side of the content spectrum, or actually outside of it.

The mass deccers only wanted to boost their killboard and, or, maybe, make a point.

I can not see either group play ā€œe-sportsā€ for no actual gain or stories, only a worthless bragging right from some tournament that affects no one. Theyā€™re a different demographic.

1 Like

Every small bit of PVP removed from high is good news for the gameā€¦

The more the betterā€¦

Have your ā€œballsā€ in low and 0.0 pleaseā€¦