Left because of wardec

Balos, how come so many “No PVP” guys are so dismissive? People have made good points about mechanics and the economy which you have ignored.

The key to this game seems to be acknowledging the consequence of actions, like…If you put up a structure you are open to wardec, or if you value overload a freighter you will get suicide ganked. Or travelling without scouting and then losing a bling fit. All of these actions feed the economy. CCP have configured a special carrot to dangle in front of us, The goal can only be to achieve our goals with as fewer losses as possible that’s the game and that’s what it will remain as.

From a general gamers perspective Eve is unique and makes me feel as if I’m part of a Game of Thrones type universe where spaceships are the backdrop. Everyone loves Game of Thrones because it seems to be about good/bad people trying to change the world to their liking. This type of entertainment will always appeal to many of us and with the right financing Eve online will be here forever. I’m sure there are a fair few people who want to keep Eve going and are happy to finance it.

In the unlikely event Eve did fail I am very sure fans would resurrect it even at a limited capacity where only a couple thousand people could play. Eve Online is the best game I have ever played in my life and I will counter any negative view I see.

Man…looking back at my story fills me with excitement, I played an excellent role, I fought to the death and tried to look out for the little guy. The battle turned bitter, people left my side and I started losing lots of my wealth, my best friend stole from me. I got back up dusted myself off moved to another area in Stain and now I prosper. “The Space Adventures of Aaron” right here baby.

Let me make myself clear, You won’t find that level of excitement hardly anywhere in the gaming market. As well as an Epic Sci-fy game, Eve is also a brilliant adventure game where a large part of the story is actually created by the players.

5 Likes

This is not about beeing dismissive,it’s about equality.

You cannot really call it equality if one side can enforce it’s playstyle everywhere and the other has no safe haven at which is this not possible…
All we are talking about is this safe haven…

As far as i’m concerned it mustn’t even be the WHOLE highsec…let’s say just 1.0-0.7…

But i BET with you EVEN THAT would be put down by PVP talking the doomsday prophecy talk that it would be “THE END OF EVE”…

Why?

Simply because PVP was spoiled for 15 yars and is not used to give something to other playstyles…not even the dirt under their fingernails…

And this unwillingness is the reaosn why i talk like i talk…there is no reason in those PVP opinions,just this “we did it this way for 15 years” dogma that is repeated over and over again…

1 Like

Maggots who want to be treated like lions…

3 Likes

You have no birthright of beeing spoiled for the next 15 years like you were in the last you know…
Must be hard to realize…but …no,simply no… :stuck_out_tongue:

You can be virtually untouchable in hisec and enjoy almost total safety, by putting in an equal amount of forethought and effort into your gameplay as those of us that already are.

But no, you want all of the safety without paying the “costs” involved; that’s not equality.

3 Likes

There shouldn’t be no “costs”…just a safe haven…PVP has this atm with PVP everywhere…why is it so hard to understand tnat it would mean equality for PVE to have the same freedom for their playstyle…?

Any “workaround” for safety in high is just a spoil of PVP…because they CAN use THEIR playstyle everywhere…calling this “equality” is just another proof of how SPOILED PVP is in seeing PVP everywhere as their birthright…

1 Like

I am a hisec PvE Player.

I already have the same freedom as everybody else to play in the way that I choose.

Although I have chosen not to shoot people in the face, I am still free to interfere, in any way allowed by the rules, with the gameplay of others if I choose to do so. Just as they are free to interfere, or not interfere, with my gameplay if they choose to do so.

That, my friend, is equality. It’s also one of the key points of the game design and concept.

Everybody, even you, already has equality of freedom in Eve. What you choose to do with it is where equality ends and consequence begins.

The role I’ve chosen to play in Eve is that of a survivor, you’ve apparently chosen to play the role of the perpetual victim.

8 Likes

In 9 years of playing EVE, I’ve been ganked exactly twice in Hisec, and both times were in Jita when I forgot a character in a Covops sitting on a gate, thus totally my fault.

Almost total safety is achievable easily enough (especially now with the wardec changes), you just have to play smart.

Looks to me like you want an EVE where you can be utterly dumb and cumulate mistakes and yet be totally loss free.

4 Likes

That pretty much sums it up.

4 Likes

Rorqs herds or super ratting and caps umbrella in deep null? Dread ratting in high end holes? Delve industrial output? You don’t play the game and you don’t know what people are doing, in fact you don’t care about people, only your little selfish vision has any importance. Everywhere you go i’ll be there to insert one rage torp in your E545 and another one in your K162.

Take a look at bounties, mining and production. Or maybe you think statistics are PVP supremacists?

3 Likes

With the war-dec changes is this even still as much as an issue? Unforutunately I think it came far too late - as thousands of players and corporations just gave up on the game in the last few years.

I’m not sure there’s enough new players (not bots) joining EVE to reverse the decimation of high-sec corporations. There’s a lot of competition now from null-sec, and it’s hard to compete with the unlimited ISK faucet they offer.

The state of the game is not good - not good at all.

1 Like

On the tenth of thousands of titles that were released since 2003, name me 100 games with more than 10 years of activity still thriving like CCP’s baby? Do you really think New Eden will last forever? And explain to me why do you want to compete with nullsec? Do you want to build supers?

Well, your definition of “thriving” is obviously quite different than mine. And I don’t think using a measuring stick of 10 years of activity is necessarily relevant to the discussion. Nor is your requirement of naming 100 games still “thriving” like EVE.

League of Legends has approximately 109 million active players every month. World of Warcraft is still chugging along. We won’t even talk about the Fortnite juggernaut… EVE can’t even come close to that.

The goal of CCP has been to survive long enough for a sale and the promised payoff. Now that this day has finally arrived, just wait and see where EVE goes…

1 Like

That’s a stupid argument, those are mainstream titles dummy, you are comparing Switzerland to USA or the popularity of snowboarding to the FIFA world cup.

1 Like

That’s an even dumber rebuttal. LoL and WoW don’t count because apparently they’re “too big”. Good one. Hey, you’re welcome to believe the game is fine. Active player numbers don’t bear that out, however (EVE was well over 60k active players at any given time at its peak). It’s also hard to estimate how many bots now comprise the active player base, but based on the 4-5k accounts they ban every few months it’s not unreasonable to think anywhere from 25-50% could in fact be bots.

1 Like

Sorry dude, if you can’t see the difference between apples and oranges i can’t help you. You want to compare chess to monopoly. The game is 15 years old, have never been mainstream and will never be. Do you understand what “15 years old video game” means?

Where are all the other games from 2003? How many of them were sold over 400Mil last year? What will the commercial value of fortnite be in 15 years?

Mixed bag of thoughts on this one. CCP switched their whole marketing towards attracting main streamers and obviously it works, otherwise they would not keep releasing new skins all the time. They wouldn’t have implemented game mechanics directly aimed at main streamers like “Achievements”, “dailies” and The Agency, which is a necessity for those who can not think of something to do for themselves.

3 Likes

Spreadsheet fun will never be mainstream, even if you try to sell it with boobs.

Not denying that, but these people do not necessarily need to play anything connected to spreadsheets. Their exposure can absolutely be at the bare minimum. You need to look at what CCP implemented over the years and figure out who it is aimed at. Hint: Not smart players.

You are right about the new fancies, but those won’t change the game at it’s core, calculations and backstabbing.

1 Like