Left because of wardec

That’s correct. I doubt they will ever want to fully get rid of that, because as of today - at least - the realism this game provides in that regard is still a major selling point.

Another hint at someone being a main streamer is when they talk about “playstyles”, or believe that they play the game seperately from others. That things that are happening in the universe are nothing they should be bothered with. Like the people complaining about npc gatecamps or npc miners.

How are you doing, btw? Still playing?

Me? Great!! I play every days, market spreadsheets, “aggressive” exploration grabbing the loot from explorers wrecks and whale hunting in null with BB and reading goons reactions on reddit, reading minerbumping too. Fun as no other game can provide.

And you?

1 Like

Heh … I was waiting for you to edit the “and you” into it. :slight_smile:

I’m not playing. Haven’t played for a good while. Still in “my” mining corp (ticker, name and idea are my brainchild). Still willing to join in whenever I’m needed, or when my corpmate has more time playing. Aggressive mining corps are the future of high sec, as far as I can tell, and I’m pretty much waiting for that to happen now.

Also still keeping up to date with all the changes and analysing/evaluating the potential directions CCP is going.

Sadly playing solo isn’t really an option for me anymore, because currently highsec is too literally dead for me to care about doing anything.

I agree, aggressive behaviour in hisec is the future. have you ever tried public fleets?

I’m not an F1 drone and I don’t enjoy listening on coms at all. I’ve always been kind of a solo player. Do my own things, but do them with the public/residents in mind. Public fleets are more like arcade gaming for me, where you log on and do that one specific thing, then log off again. That’s a lot like just playing any game for a session and I’ve actually stopped playing literally anything.

But … I’m waiting and I’m still here. Not going anywhere. Sometimes I feel like one of the last few survivors of “my generation” who hasn’t been permabanned yet, or hasn’t yet just quit for good. :slight_smile:

Why would you want to play EVE without going to war? There’s like nothing else to do. Are you just going to mine all day?

That’s not the experience i have from most fleets i’ve been involved with, some are and that’s not particularly fun.

1 Like

Glad to know you’re enjoying them, but they’re really nothing for me. :slight_smile:

Which reminds me … is RvB still a thing?

They still appear on killboards but other than that i don’t know.

1 Like

you are wrong…

Yes because every game around does the same…ignoring this is and will be a fatal mistake like ccp had done so many in the past not listening to the market…

This is the reason why are just 20-30k online(half of them alphas) and not 200-300k and why so many new players leave after a couple of weeks…

You all complain about the amount of players this game has but are not willing to actually DO the things that are needed to rise up the numbers…

1 Like

Why? Please do explain to me, a non combatant player, how I don’t have the same freedoms as everybody else to play as I please.

Do us all a favour, go play one of them.

Many of us play Eve precisely because it isn’t one of the games that offer what you desire.

ignoring this is and will be a fatal mistake like ccp had done so many in the past not listening to the market…

If CCP had listened to the market, Eve would have died along with the majority of the games that cater to the mainstream market.

There is always room in a market for niche products that offer stuff others do not; it’s a smaller market but it’s one that definitely exists and CCP have been filling it successfully for years.

This is the reason why are just 20-30k online(half of them alphas) and not 200-300k and why so many new players leave after a couple of weeks…

250k of scrubs like you? No thanks.

You all complain about the amount of players this game has but are not willing to actually DO the things that are needed to rise up the numbers

We complain about the quantity of poor quality players like yourself.

Quality > Quantity IMHO

5 Likes

I agree in essence, but not with the way you’re wording it.

Balos, Just accept it. I think structures will get some amazing never seen before bonuses that will have people rushing to get them. The PVP cycle will continue because they have us chasing a carrot.

CCP want us fighting and losing ships which will give the indy guys work to and replace the ships we lost fighting.

From a real life business perspective what you are suggesting is nonsense because there needs to be a method destroying in-game value repeatedly in order to create the desire for more in game value. This is where plex comes in because for real life cash you can gain an advantage and replenish losses quickly if you choose.

1 Like

Consumption is required to make the game work. Destruction and replacement of space objects is what causes most of the consumption ingame. New players particularly rely on consumption to give them viable unflooded markets to sell goods they generate.

Also PVP is fun, and IMO consequences of ingame pvp should be risk of losing your ship, and risk of motivating others to achieve ingame destruction of your assets. What you shouldn’t need to worry about in this game is whether or not the other people do or do not want to PVP. In fact its pretty much nuts to try and play the game that way. That more than anything is a recipe for an unfun game.

If someone doesn’t want to PVP they should avoid it, its not difficult and its well documented how to do this.

3 Likes

Looks like we have a Salvos II.

I’m shocked a grown adult can’t take the time to analyse whats going on and understand that the game is purposely designed to make players fight and lose assets. The market and economy is built AND maintained on that said destruction.

PC Gamer is a monthly magazine that came out long before the internet became widespread, they know everything there is to know about PC games and have rated Eve highly and given Eve awards. If prospective players are looking for a well balanced opinion it is better to look at what PC Gamer have to say rather than a negative and dismissive person on the Eve forums.

I have suffered epic loss of assets in this game but here I am still praising Eve.

2 Likes

Balos is not an Eve player, he’s a political activist.

5 Likes

Balos’ forum life in a nutshell, terrible toddler tantrums being about right.

6 Likes

Careful, now. Your MAGA cap is showing.

Personally I only wear a hat when it’s cold or PPE is mandated, but if I had one it would still be better than your tinfoil one.

3 Likes