Left because of wardec

In terms of defining what most carebears think you are way off base. If you said a minority then I would agree. That being said I do not disagree with the sentiments.

No, this is not how to do it, the better way is to do some balance passes, for example the limiting of war decs to only those with structures is a good move as a balance pass and the more I think about it the more happy I am with it, though I would like a limited number of non-structure owning war decs to be possible. Another would be to ban all -10 pilots from docking in NPC stations in hisec. There are other things I would do but I have flogged them to death so many times on the forums that I am bored typing them.

2 Likes

This would work. It would require a large amount of development effort, but if you say repurposed Jove space to be a new ‘safesec’ where all safeties are locked to green and no player aggression is allowed, but in that space you couldn’t spawn any of the current resources or ISK into the game’s economy. You could still run versions of the same missions and mine other new PvE ores, but the rewards would be completely new and only usable for cosmetic or perhaps some other new, but not impacting on PvP or industry, purpose. You could still trade these PvE items and the PvE currency with the rest of New Eden. The same gameplay would be offered, and in complete safety, but without any economic impact on the larger PvP game.

Again, the carebear mindset being what it is I am not convinced such a space would be well used, but I don’t see any conceptual problem with it. You would need some restrictions or instancing to prevent people from cluttering up the public space with structures, but the game design problems are not insurmountable. I am also skeptical CCP has the developer resources for such a project, but at least it would be compatible with the original game idea.

6 Likes

You said it yourself: there is more than one meaning of PvP.

So at the end what you want is: removing ship-to-ship combat. In this case what you suppose to provide function you call “Destruction”?
How would you build a system where you can make someone move out of your belt for example?
What if somebody beats you to exploration leaving only garbage in hacking cans? Shouldn’t you have some means to win still?

Etc…Etc… Ship to ship combat provides solution to many problems. Removing it you would need to put a lot of effort to build new system. It’s not as simple as “set safeties to green upon entering the area”.

1 Like

EVE would have to be renamed to Spaceships Online or some other retarded name

1 Like

If that happens I just move on and continue scanning. Personally if someone beat me to the cans then good on em, it’s pointless getting all wound up about it considering there’s an infinity of sites to scan down.

Same with belts…if someone is in the belt, move to the other end and mine a different roid, there’s more than enough to go round.

Okey. Next round: he uses his alts and finishes his end of the belt. moves closer and mines asteroids you mine already. You cannot compete with him (you have not so many alts or not so pimped ship/skills to outmine him). Your move? Move away again? What if he just likes to have you giving out and he follows you to the next belt?

Now you want some protection from other players so nobody can follow you and mine “your” ore or you want pretty unlimited ore in belts so you just can ignore anyone around. First path leads to new rules in the game (the game some called “sandbox” in past). Second path leads to mechanical changes because the game should be able to consume that unlimited ore you mine so your ISK/hour does not drop to 0.

And that’s the first consequences i can think of. Still want to ask for “simple remove ship-to-ship combat pvp?”

1 Like

Im sorry, but the point of your post is?

1 Like

Well he obviously misunderstood the nature of this game. It’s quite easy to avoid the drawbacks of wardecs. You can leave the corp that was wardecced and join a NPC-Corp until the war is over or you can play with a different Char for several days or weeks. Nobody with 3 Chars would be crazy enough ti join the same corp with all three of them.

2 Likes

Maybe YOU are the one who misunderstood the nature of this game.

If you think the potential of this game lies in Weaponized Inconvenience or Boredom, you are sorely mistaken.

One of the things that troubles me about this idea of removing pvp in any sector of space is that there is no compensatory mechanism in place to sustain a destruction based economy.
Without something meaningful in place it would simply tank.
I dunno, if they ramped up the difficulty of pve activity to a degree where it generated ship loss on a comparable level to where it is now with pvp it might not be a complete failure.

However, them who advocate this wouldn’t be happy with that either… as losing ships is what’s driving this screech festival in the first place.

Were it up to some people, even docking would not be a break from PVP.
But that would imply “fighting in stations”, and that means “walking in station”. And that was bad. WiS was bad, because it did not help the ISK/Stats min-maxer spergs. How dare CCP try to create an actual “game world”.

Someone derided a post saying “call it Space Ships online”. Hello? Thanks to the forum brigades and spergs that’s all we ever had and once there was a vision to have more.

We are desperately close to this.

How hard is it to leave all of your structures in holding corps?

I’d be surprised if merc’ing is sustainable today, much less a month from now.

I’m guessing the conflict based PvP option in high sec has become “station bashing” vs “suicide ganking”… two activities which, sadly, result in in desperately little real interaction.

I sure hope pve gets better to adequately entertain everyone.

Hi, I understand your sentiments, but you do have choices. The people who war decked you in Gonan are offering you a choice. Speak to a diplo and come to a deal.

I say that as one of my characters was on the way to kill your Rokh. And well played in getting away too.

I will add that for me objective based wars on strategic targets are what wars should be about in hisec. The massed war dec on non-structure owning corps has ended, which is a very good thing. Now you have to be part of a group if you want to use structures, I have adjusted my game play because of this, this is what you need to think about.

5 Likes

Not, not really. At the origin of the post someone reported/complained , that a player left the game because of wardec. So my statement was that he obviously misunderstood the nature of this game. You obviously misunderstood the nature of my posting.

1 Like

Lmao

You want to accept wardecs in a game where logging in means you consent to pvp

Maybe EVE is not the game for you after all :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Hmm. Okay. i’m still arguably sober enough to employ a modicum of delicacy.
You say you’ve been playing for ten years. Groovy. Ten years is long enough to remember EVE before Crimewatch, before PLEX even.
Now, think back as to how unrepentantly harsh things were back then compared to now.
Can flipping and auto aggro drones are gone, as is automatic friendly fire enabling in corps.
Safaris and AWOXes are a dying breed who can only sprout in the most fertile of idiotic soil nowadays.
Rambling. To my point.

You were ALWAYS a potential war target back then. Now, you are only a potential target if you have something in space to lose. People who are not you only have to fear suicide ganks and other manifestations of their own bad decisions. But back to you. You planted a flag. You built a castle. Now there are barbarians at your gate.

That’s okay, but this is still EVE, and EVE has it’s golden rules. ‘Don’t undock with anything you can’t afford to lose’ is one of them. We’re entering a new era because corps who are not willing to put something in space to lose are now immune to wardecs, as a result it draws more attention to those who do have something to lose. So, considering that, there is a NEW golden rule to EVE that shouldn’t be too hard to grasp. ‘Don’t anchor anything you can’t defend, unless you’re prepared to lose it.’

Defense fleets can work. I’ve seen a kitchen sink fleet yolo into a bash and nearly stop it from reinforcing the timer before. I don’t recommend this tactic though, come up with a doctrine practice with it and come prepared to ruin someone else’s plans.

Unless of course, you’re solo and just running a corp of your alts. In that case, my condolences on your loss. I do hope you learn something from this.

5 Likes

Call Dr Jack, Omar’s got too much blood in his alcohol stream.

On Topic and echoing his sentiment.

Tippia wrote:

If you don’t want to defend what you own, you don’t deserve it, and you will lose it

2 Likes

working on fixing this issue as we speak.
also, I may even log in.

1 Like

I run a two man corp (main and an alt) and I owned an Astrahus. I decommisioned it recently, realizing I made a too-tempting target, and also realizing I could do my stuff in other ways with little to no issue.

If you own a citadel, you should be able to defend it, and yea…one or two man corps cant do that. It’s basic logic and I accept that

9 Likes

My god
Someone with some sense
The forums have indeed gone mad :joy: