Left because of wardec

It’s why I never bothered putting one up as well, it’s just a pity that both freeports I started to use ended up unfueled and abandoned.

Truthfully, my old 1 man corp ran a small caldari control tower for doing industry stuffs. Eventually the upkeep made me pull it down, but I never really had any kind of illusion that I could defend it. I was just me, alone… even with some mad skills and a dedication to fight back I couldn’t keep it in the sky in the face of anyone who was determined to make it not fly. I sold it right about the time I was lured over to the dark side and issued my red lightsaber. Synchronicity I guess.

You need friends, allies, or even paid muscle to keep these things in space, especially now that possession of one determines whether or not you’re on the wardude’s radar. If you can’t this, then don’t that.

2 Likes

You decided to ignore all request to stop this from happening.

Look at me… Your in our space now…

3 Likes

Oh boy, 10 years in Eve and still clueless, security is a commodity that you can build with people or buy from people. Damn, i’ve seen rookies wiser than you.

1 Like

Security is cost, if you can’t pay you won’t have it.

wardecs are useless in low null or j-space, it’s a hisec feature.

Most of my time i’m solo, i just know what i can and what i can’t do.

1 Like

o7 dude.
And raitarus are dirt cheap.

1 Like

Damn, why not having a keepstar?

That’s a joke buddy, the rule is simple, don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose.

3 Likes

Here is a novel thought for the day, why do not people just leave games without a goodbye thread.

No one cares.

3 Likes

Less drama would be nice but i’d miss the “can i have your stuff” thing.

I am one of those players that has taken CCP to task over game imbalances, war decs and ganking, though my focus on ganking is the issue with bumping and the low level of consequences for ganking, and the DST loot scoop issue.

In terms of war decs I want there to be a structure in space that you can blow up to end the war dec and it has to be relatively easy for small entities to do, so always vulnerable and no reinforcement cycle. Then war decs can be applied to all entities again. However without that having war decs linked to structures is better than what we had before.

There is no such thing as a fair fight, that being said CCP has a duty to get its balance right otherwise players will leave, you have decided that the balance is out and in a number of ways I agree with you.

You chose to put a Fort up, from my understanding you had a deal with the alliance that war decked you but suddenly ended it without the means to defend your structures, you made that decision. That being said I think structures are too weak like you.

The structures is a strategic asset giving advantages, that means in a competitive game like Eve you have to defend it. I have issues with CCP in that as soon as I put one up as it anchors every one can see it and know that you have set one up. What about having a stealth mode of anchoring? And let us not forget the stupidity of when you first enter system to see all of the structures for a second in your overview which I think they have now removed.

Yes, but you made the choice to put down the structures, you made the choice to do this solo, you made the choice to walk away from the group that could take down your structure. You made decisions, bad ones.

You are pointing out that they are too easy to blow up, but you made it easy, you did not even show up to defend the Armour timer of your fort.

I hate to parrot the line of the HTFU group, so I will not, instead of using the line that this is a PvP game I will point out that this is a game where your decisions have consequences, your decisions did. And consequences are what makes this game different and more rewarding at a personal level.

Quite right, me too, so I don’t make myself an easy target by putting up structures that I cannot defend. Yes I want to put up a structure and say this is Dracvlad’s place, but I don’t because it will get blown up…, unless I get together with others to defend it against others.

It is not a case of being tough, the alliance that is blowing up your structure is exerting control over that region.

And there is your problem, you put down a Fortizar which is not a small corp structure, it goes back to decisions. And I play this game because it is a challenge and I can’t do things unless I take care and reduce my risk by being smart.

The only way to force fights is to have strategic objectives, you gave them an easy strategic objective.

Yes, I would not have put that Fort down as a solo player, nor would I have walked away from the group that could blow it up.

I am sorry that you are fed up, it is hard when you loose, been there myself, but you have to take the consequences of your own actions and decisions. I hope you stay in the game, I hope you pick yourself up and think it through, but that is your choice. Good luck and I will say you are a lot braver than me in terms of putting a Fortizar down. Though I would also suggest that you were naïve in the extreme in your decisions.

This reply is not intended to be a dig, or aggression or anything like that, I understand where you are coming from but conflict is the main driver in this game, it is what Eve is.

2 Likes

How do we pvp with you if you can’t be wardecced?

3 Likes

You gank him and than he starts crying even harder.

2 Likes

Drac is the most fair player you will ever meet in this game.

1 Like

There are no wardecs in null.

It’s tormented only for those who refuse to understand that they are responsible of their security.

1 Like

Changed my mind.

Its not just wardecs its simple minded idiotic behavior. To have experienced players in cheap ships blowing up newbros all day and tell them that’s the way it goes in Eve. That’s the problem to start with certain corps/people think its cool to grief a player and watch someone else not have fun. Since their no longer enjoying and chances are they wont pay next month. Does that make you feel better knowing that you personally played a role in the loss of income the game you so like to play? To many greedy wanna steal your stuff people is the reason people are leaving.

2 Likes
3 Likes

The idiots, who spread this nonsense, will never cease to exist. They’ve heard it once and now believe it is always happening, all day, everywhere, and yet for some reason developers of literally all the games out there magically choose not to do anything about it.

Thinking for themselves, or in general, is nothing these guys do.

2 Likes