Left because of wardec

If you quit because of ganking, you’ll quit because of wardecs, or getting shot in low or a worm hole.

It’s a pvp game at ALL times in ALL areas. If you cannot accept that then why the ■■■■ are you playing eve? Serious question.

And just so you know, new players that are killed illegally tend to stick with the game longer.

:grin:

3 Likes

The experienced players have zero obligation to show mercy or compassion in the face of terrible decision making. To do so would only encourage further bad decisions.
There is nothing wrong with delivering a sharp shock right away to jar the target back to reality.
This helps to cultivate better players in the game and cull out those who are not well suited to the reality of EVE.

2 Likes

LMAO…

Someone else that fell for the CCPropaganda hook line and sinker.

You do realise that they can twist their own stats to say exactly what they want them to say? In the meantime the gullible ones just soak it up like a sponge.

Then they regurgitate it on here like its some kind of revelation from the stars.

1 Like

Can you show me data that says otherwise?

Many players have asked for more data from CCP, we were all met by silence.

Well the activity tracker means more data is being gathered than ever before automatically.

But it’s funny you establish data released by ccp as doctored and criticise me for referring to it but have nothing to back up your claims.

Is it because you’ve already decided what the ‘truth’ is and will discount all data until it tells you what you want to hear?

Biased much?

4 Likes

If you want to blindly come out with that stupid line, then expect people to laugh at you, I did!

2 Likes

If you have something that suggests otherwise it’d be great if you would show us.

2 Likes

I think this was answered above: I will show it in case you missed it:

I was one of them that asked for more data.

You however are merely quoting totally out of context.

So you don’t? Ok then.

Saying that you wish we had more data is one thing. But saying the data we have is false or quoted out of context because it doesn’t agree with your narrative is what you are doing.

Actually I’m not. ‘is suicide ganking affecting new players’ is the very opening subject of CCP’s investigation.

You should watch the presentation again and read the related thread.

Would anyone else like to be disingenuous?

3 Likes

‘new players’ LOL, if you were to say that suicide ganking did not affect trial players then people will not be laughing at you. You are the one being disingenuous mate!

Who’s system is it?

Ok, you obviously remember that presentation from fanfest…

So here’s a thing, CCP stated pvp kept some players in the game. Could it be that those players that stayed actually came looking for pvp in the first place?

On the other hand CCP have stated that wardecs drive players from the game, they are driven from the game by players and corps forcing pvp on them to such an extent that CCP are now worried about the numbers.

There we have 2 statements from CCP, one says pvp is good for the game, one says it’s bad. Now you and others can come back and put as much spin as you want on it, but there’s no denying now that pvp drives players from the game when it’s continuously forced on them.

But some of us have been saying that for years…

CCP never said wardecs drive people from the game. They said corps under wardec suffer a massive drop in activity during the war which often didn’t recover. It is an extrapolation that this a major source of people quitting given corps are not players.

Further, CCP explicitly said that wars did not impact significantly on new players:

Lebowski brings up the data which shows that it’s not actually a lot of brand new players that are being war decced, because they are not worth declaring war on most likely. Typically it ́s more established corporations that get hit once they are big enough to be a target.

Wars impact on players yes. They even likely drive some small number from the game. But this isn’t a new player issue. It is an established player issue. Conflating the two isn’t helpful. It’s perfectly consistent to think PvP is something that engages with a new player, but later on, the unfun state of wars bores them out of the game.

While it is too early to say definitively, player counts are still trending down after the December war changes and highsec activity is on pace to be less in January than it was in November. Yet again, the player activity/count surge the safebears and their apologists promised us if highsec was just made a little safer hasn’t materialized. I really hope CCP comes up with a war revamp that revitalizes content and player interaction in highsec, and does so soon, or we will continue further down this path of stagnation and boredom.

3 Likes

Remove word “small” and this sentence might be correct.

Reason: CCP would not really care about wardecs if effect on player population is really “small”.

How is it possible that player who likes PvP when he is new will get bored later while having wardec? For all i care only those who dislike PvP can get bored in this situation (“we cannot do anything because those evil PvPers will kill us everywhere”). PvP-like player can always visit low-sec, null-sec and WH space to get some PvP if it is really dangerous for him to be in high-sec (which is not according to current state of wardecs where most wardeccers only camp trade hubs and routes).
?

1 Like

Couldn’t tell you. They never shared the data.

But everything drives players from the game. I find it very hard to believe wars are much worse than so many other game systems or events, and just general boredom itself.

That doesn’t mean wars have clear problems that make it poor gameplay and have for years. I am glad they are fixing it. But as the activity data says, those that think player counts are going to spike because there is a wardec-free player corp now are being sadly disappointed.

Well, being immersed in a war or seeing one around you might be fun when you have nothing to lose. Once you have some goal, and are forced to be a defender, or worse, are told by your new CEO to logout for a week, that is less fun.

Wars often aren’t fun. But a lifeless NPE where nothing happens also isn’t fun. It is perfectly reasonable to me that more people quit Eve out of boredom or confusion of what to do than are chased out by PvP in the first weeks. And then those that make it past the tough first months now have a different set of issues that cause them to leave the game, like say the power imbalances of the game, or wars or crime, although here I still think boredom and failure to find a place in New Eden is the largest killer of Eve players.

Fixing wars should be done irrespective of their effect on new players. We all should be playing an interesting an fun game and have a war mechanic that helps that. But as the CSM minutes say, wars don’t, or barely impact on true new players. Any discussion on improving the NPE should be done separate from that of wars.

1 Like

So the data isn’t convincing for you and you want a better look. That’s not a bad thing. I would like a better look too.

But the fact of the matter is this information is the best and latest information we have. It’s NOT a lie and I’m NOT using it out of context.

You also need to understand wardecs =/= ganking. Wardecs are legal kills.

You also need to understand ccp are not releasing the data they have on wardecs about activity and your wording of what they found was inaccurate. Neither statements ever said pvp was bad for the game.

You ARE taking it out of context.

1 Like

That’s not what I said ^^^ that’s what I said. If players want to pvp, fine it’s their choice.

But when they don’t want to, then the above applies. There’s reasons for the wardec changes, but I don’t believe it’s just about the log offs for a week.

^^^^^

Neither statements from ccp actually said pvp was either good or bad.

1 Like

wardecs are boring and generally only perpetuated by crappy pvpers who dock up at the mere hint of a fight; and also have whats the number; maybe 8 nestor alts docked up in their prefered station?
Wardecs are stale af, better to just roam low or null where there are actually people flying around looking for a fight and not just easy ganks.
Im guesing you dont really pvp though… probably havent even played since 2009.