Left because of wardec

StarCitizen, Elite Dangerous, oh yea!

Star Cituzen i never played, and can say nothing about…
Elite Dangerous, yes i did try it… and stopped with.
Why did i stop to play it?
I missed a player drived market, and i have NO interests in flying around just for some missions or some pew pew…

1 Like

Did not know Star Citizen is a game yet.

Still Alpha according to what is currently running poorly on my rig.

I will play SC that I backed (backer 22** or around there) one day… when I’m older.

2 Likes

Did you know it’s actually entirely possible to enjoy all three? Personally not into Star Citizen because I prefer games that actually exist, but I definitely play Elite Dangerous. I also play EVE (though not subbed right now, but hopefully coming back soon).

“People are playing other games instead” is entirely offset by “people are playing other games as well”.

2 Likes

It’s not. When it was first announced it was slated for a 2014 release. I actually backed it. When 2015 rolled around, I got a full refund. Roberts is doing the same thing he did with Freelancer, only this time, there’s no publisher there to kick him off the project and actually release something.

1 Like

The current wardec system is a joke. A bad joke.

6 Likes

Is that why people like you drop corp EA h time they get decced?

That’s the bigger joke lol

Check my corp history Dick.

4 Likes

Name’s Dom
You’re still bad at names I see

3 Likes

And I’m still in my corp. Cry harder. :sob:

2 Likes

Well why don’t you tell me what makes it such a joke, then. Because just asserting it is one does not make it one. I have been decced, and I have done the deccing. I’ve seen more than a few corps fight back and do well, and others who’ve avoided war targets completely while continuing on with their regular activities unimpeded.

See, let me tell you what the real joke is here. People who know how to handle wardecs aren’t complaining about them. They are criticising elements of the system, but they aren’t complaining. People who can’t handle wardecs just complain, and demand perfect safety in high sec. They stomp their feet, throw tantrums, and expatiate decade-old claims that EVE is dying and make unqualified blanket-statements that wardecs are a joke.

So qualify your assertion that it’s a joke, or the only joke here is you and your pathetic non-argument whinge-fest.

3 Likes

EvE separates the men from the boys. You are better of now.

1 Like

Paranoia is part of this game to some extent,so is thinking and planning the last 2 we seem to get less and less with each passing year,fact is the server population is geting dumber yet louder by the year.

3 Likes

It’s not good to fly in High-sec when you are Wardec, you need ship faster and better than the competition or they can kill you.
The ship alone won’t cut it, you would need pilot skills, perhaps implants and drug booster, and the ability to fly the ship, and the hardware and connection to do all this to beat them.

You can use an alternate pilot which is not in the corp.
If you get a second account, you can fly both at the same time.
One in High-sec while the other one in wardec does something else, given your corp HQ is not in High-sec only.

You can discuss ways to end the Wardec if it interferes against you.
There’s even the possibility your CEO is paying the enemy to attack you.
You can move to another corp.

3 Likes

You are a VERY angry little man… you should perhaps get help for that. As one vet talking to a “possible” vet… That kind of anger isn’t good for you.

They offer meds for that now. I take my “dont shoot people” meds every day, and I can tell you life is a fair bit better with them.

3 Likes

This is the falicy that leads to people quiting because of a war Dec.

Let’s start with saying you need a faster/better ship… Well, maybe if you wish to engage the war deccers solo. However, you don’t have to attack the war deccers to begin with. You just have to fly smart.

Start by avoiding trade hubs and common choke point systems such as Uedama/Sivala and Niarja.

While not war decced, setup a backup home. This is some out of the way spot you can fall back to. I would suggest Khanid Kingdom if you favor Amarr or Caldari, maybe Sinq Liason or Everyshore for Gal/Min. Setup a jumo clone there, have a mission ship, miner, explorer, or whatever. You may even want to use a spot that is a pocket of Hi Sec surrounded by low or nul. Chances are, your war targets will not bother you there. If they so show up, dock up and jump one back to your normal spot. They can waste the travel time.

Do this and you will avoid most deccers.

Other options include, leaving just an unused alt as CEO of the corp, drop to the NPC corps with your friends from the corp. Form a chat channel and go run the Sister’s of EVE epic arc. You can run it once every 3 months for a nice boost in standings.

Or heck, get a bunch of cheap T1 for frigs. Try fighting in those as a large group. If you kill even one war target, you’ll come out ahead and all you wasted was cheap ships. Or drop corp and join eve uni or Red vs Blue to learn more about PvP.

So you have a lot of options. Not all require fighting, nor do they require you be in a better, faster ship. Just to learn how to handle the challenges of EVE in the creative manners of EVE.

fallacy ?
fallacy that you present?
what is the fallacy that you are referring to?

You don’t have to fly in High-sec with a wardecced pilot.
You can leave the corp if you have no choice, so to not have to fly in High-sec.

“This is the fallacy that leads to people quitting because of a war Dec.”

People should be able to leave and if they want to make excuse to leave because of war-dec which they don’t have to be subject to, that is their own business.

"Let’s start with saying you need a faster/better ship… "

If you want to be good enough to beat them as they attack you.
    “Well, maybe if you wish to engage the war deccers solo.”
    Why engage them solo, when you are trying to avoid getting killed by wardec?
    Why not engage and hire mercenary to destroy them with better ships, and pilots, and what they need to, or even better, get some friends to do your dirty work?

“However, you don’t have to attack the war deccers to begin with.”

Right, you don’t have to attack them to beat them.
    You can beat them if you can fly in high-sec better than they can try to destroy you while having the right to do so there.

“You just have to fly smart.”

Fly smart and be smart doesn’t have to be something evil.

"Start by avoiding trade hubs and common choke point systems such as Uedama/Sivala and Niarja."
You can’t fly on autopilot while war-decced in High-sec.
You also can’t expect to survive anywhere with a slow ship without other pilots to fight on your side.
And yes, that does include destroyers and bigger if the enemy is faster.
If your ship is fast, there is nothing they can do in the systems, but they can camp the stations on undock.

1 Like

The fallacy of:

This is a fallacy. Claiming this, telling people this is what scares them away when they do get war decced. This notion that the only way to live under a war dec is to be better equipped than the deccers, is wrong.

1 Like

Yes and you are suggesting that I said that when I don’t.
That is 2 wrongs and you are doing them both.

Edit:
Why don’t you tell them to fly smart with worst ships and be forced to leave?
I can fly with a corvette in an empty pod in High-sec while wardecced, and can bait their enemy fleet into exposing themselves, but that only works with teammates who know what to do.

Why try to get podded in an empty pod in a corvette, which is more smart than with 1 billion worth of implants, only to go back to where you started and have to do it twice, if not die twice for nothing?

You could have done the trip in a fast ship and survived by speed tanking them.

By the way, the OP is a corp owner / manager and refers to his corpmates.
We don’t know or I don’t know if they are his alt accounts, and he stopped paying for them so that he doesn’t have to deal with the wardec at this time.
He may want to come back later, or someone else will give him a 30 days worth of time.
He is not the one who needs the scenario potential like if he was getting paid to make movies.

2 Likes

That’s what anti-ganking and failing for so long does to him :smiley:

1 Like

and that’s exactly what you can do, however it’s also exactly what others can do to you. You want to influence “powerful pilot-run corporations” you need to go out and earn their respect first, rolling over to the first wardec and crying no more is well, not going to cut it same goes for “leading fleets of warships”.

Mining and exploration now those are far more accessible. Most of the big coalitions have easy to join feeder corps, can probably mine in most of them. Exploration can be done by fairly new characters, load up a t1 exploration frig with a probe launcher, and some analyzers. Do that and learn the game and maybe that starts to get you some of that influence I mentioned earlier, I’d also suggest joining in on their pvp fleets.

Maybe there’s some single player game where you play a 20 hour campaign and get handed a fleet for being the savior of civilization, but there’s nothing interesting about that. Sure it’s probably fun to play for a while, but that’s about it. You aren’t going to make the news, or hang out in a pub chatting with a bunch of other people because you beat some solo game.