Left because of wardec

Oh we already have. It is called “New Order Territory” or CODE. sov space. We are always a step ahead.

3 Likes

This guy is actually an ag? That explains everything

2 Likes

Can I have his stuff?

I am truly looking forward to the 2017 financials for CCP. They made a killing in 2016, thanks to going pay to win with skill injectors. I don’t think that they can cover up the shrinking PAYING player base in the 2017 numbers.

CCP celebrating sociopaths drove the OP’s buddy from the game is a terrible business model.

3 Likes

Dinsdale…
What makes you think anything you get directly from CCP is truthful?
If you’re gonna jump down the rabbit hole… aim for the bottom.

–Gadget aims for the bushes

2 Likes
2 Likes

Guys stop behaving like hisec wardeccing was not a problem. It was even talked about at CSM meeting. It is truism to say that assets in EvE needs to be destroyed, conflicts fuel the content but how many times wardecced hisec corp actually shoot back? It’s like turkeys voting for Christmas. Spamming gf at local or HTFU won’t solve this.

Most of you saying it’s a harsh game and there are no room for those who don’t want to play by pvp rules. Now, hand up how many of you want to remove asset safety?

5 Likes

That’s entirely irrelevant. There are many ways to deal with wardecs, not all of them involve shooting back. Corps that don’t shoot back, or otherwise don’t deal with the wardec against them, are making a choice, and EVE is all about freedom of choice. You don’t make sweeping changes to game mechanics based on the choice of players to be victims of them.

I’m not convinced there’s a problem to be solved the way you see it.

As for asset safety, never agreed with it to begin with, and I’ve always, from the very beginning, been in very vocal rejection of that nonsense in EVE, as have many others.

Yes please. Get rid of it, though I understand why that won’t happen. Would still be my preference.

3 Likes

Asset safety is just ■■■■■■■■… and make even less people fight. They’ll rather sacrifice the structure than defending it because of it.

2 Likes

They make a choice to not log into game, and that is not healthy to the game and playerbase. If an answer to the wardecc is droping a corp and at the same time CCPs data about player base says that players who want to be in corp stay in-game for longer then we have a contradiction here. Most wardecs are not for the purpose of the “going to war”, deny resources etc. They are for pvp targets in most populated region. That’s why an idea to make corporation wardecable only if they deploy structures in space is a good imo. To defend that benefits you have there. It would exclude “small fishes” and hisec ganking is still an option.

3 Likes

It’s still their choice, and when there are plenty of other options in the game available to them, it’s a choice they’re making despite the game, so the game isn’t the problem, and they are players that were always going to quit the moment going got a little too tough for them. I don’t know why I have to point this out as often as I do, but there are thousands of players that were all new to the game once, and all had to get through high sec wardecs, and they’re still playing. The ones who quit or stop playing or whatever, they’re not doing it because they have no other option. They’re doing it because this game is not for them.

2 Likes

I totally agree. On the other hand there won’t be any citadel trading stations because of that. Imagine all that PLEX from perimeter stations vanish :smiling_imp: it’s hard to balance, but I think people would be more dedicated to fight for assets they might lose.

1 Like

Non of the big fishes is dumb enough to have the structure in house. It you can opt out of wars with having a structure in a holding Corp, there’s no reason to have it in-house. All structures will be owned by a 1 man Corp and sacrificed if poked at. (It potentially cost more to fight so the cheapest option is asset safety. Or jump out of Corp and move all your stuff out before the last timer.)

and most of them never bother to made a corp in hisec? While CCP thinks that people should group? When I asked my officers in E-Uni what to do with that constant wardeccing they said roll an alt… Answer to wardecc? Drop a corp. Do you see what is happing here? We bypassing game mechanics by unwanted actions. People who want to be corp will have to drop it because on Amarr undock sits group who want to shoot other people (completely irrelevant why they doing that, even for them propablly it’s just easier to shoot other people in hisec this way) and you are saying they have a freedom of choice… Wars must means something. To be fight over something.

5 Likes

Now we’re getting somewhere.

Nothing else you said is relevant. This is the crux of the issue. Wardecs and their mechanics are not the problem here, it’s the investment of the players, and players who can just throw away their corp/log out for a week just because of a little wardec that is easy to avoid without having to do either is due to lack of investment in said corp. Additionally, corp leaders that are teaching people to not log in, or quit corp, are just trash leaders. Those are problems with corps in high sec, and their leaders, not the game itself. And its those problems that give rise to wardec-related complaints in general. Carebears whine that “I can’t get to Jita or play the game because of wardec” even though they absolutely can, very easily, with the right leadership explaining to them exactly how. And veteran high sec mercs complain that it’s too easy to quit corp and log off over a wardec.

All of these complaints can be traced to the same thing: the general meaninglessness of corporations in high sec. They serve no purpose of any kind right now, so naturally, PVP between them can usually only ever be a one-sided affair, as the wardeccers themselves are often the only side with any real investment in what they’re doing.

2 Likes

they are meaningless because they have no goal to fight with each other in hisec (in combat sense ofc). Fight for what? Space? Resources?

What real investment wardeccers are doing? Paying concord? Sitting on hubs undock? They don’t fight for anything, if they do they would harass nullsec empires. I don’t mind the hisec gankers because they have to invest time and money in their actions. Can’t say the same about corp camping hubs. Why hisec corp should stand against hisec merc? They cannot win the fight by any means. If they stand they will be wardecced over and over again because they fought, and become the content for the mercs.

3 Likes

I’m actually offended by these statements :rage:
Without tools the only viable way to do a wardec is sit at hubs and wait. spamming wars. CCP removed the tool needed to do focused wars 2 years ago and with that killed of rest of the hunting community. If you knew how much work it involved not to resort to blanket deccing instead of focused wars…

You have a stereotypical view of a wardeccer.
Its like me saying all 0.0 pilots are “F1 monkeys”

And the “ohh… its impossible to fight” is just ■■■■■■■■ and you know it. It’s not impossible, its just hard. And while I agree there should be things fixed to sort that out, most of it involves crimewatch not the wardec mechanics.

3 Likes

Absolute nonsense. If the only reason for corporations to exist is to have something to fight each other for, then you have nothing to complain about as the system is now.

Wardec corporations DO exist to wardec other corporations. They make a decision to exist for that purpose. The vast majority of highsec corps declare in their recruiting ads that ‘we do a little bit of everything’ but end up having no real purpose at all, and doing a whole lot of nothing and going nowhere for it.

Any corp can stand against any other corp if they choose to be capable of doing so. There is nothing stopping a mining-oriented corp from contacting a merc corp and asking for assistance if they themselves do not want to fight and can instead pay someone to run interference. But there are over 7000 star systems throughout EVE, and additional slots on everyone’s account that they can use for out-of-corp alts to access hubs, which as long as hub-humpers are a thing, I fully condone. Those guys need to learn how to hunt (not talking about you Raz, but I’m sure you do know who I’m talking about).

The fact is, too many new players are being led astray by other new players who think running their own corp before they know what they’re really doing in the game is going to give them some kind of power. All they end up doing is leading their own members into the jaws of waiting wardeccers. They never teach them how to keep an eye out for war targets, how to make insta-undocks, how to access hubs and how to haul their stuff with maximum risk mitigation. They make themselves easy targets for wardeccers. There wouldn’t be so many wardecs all the time if there weren’t so many easy targets.

2 Likes

I’m fully aware about it, even some hisec merc pointed that in the past. I would do the same thing because the game is as it is now. It’s not change the way I see it, it’s not the pointed wardeccs, it’s as you described, blanket deccing.

but they are :wink:

thanks for the summary about the wardec, something to read and consider.

1 Like