Let's say they remove non-consensual pvp from highsec

So I gave it some more thought (Nothing else to do while getting an MRI) and here’s what I came up with based on having spent the last 13 years playing this game.

Short term : Many people threatening to quit with a few actually doing it. Plenty of posts trying to get EVE players to go play WOT (or whatever) like all the people “quitting” that are still here posting were doing during the summer of rage.

Mid term : Angry gankbears and decbears chest beating in thread after thread how they’re still number one and are owning high sec, muhahahaha. But fading into obscurity in the actual game.

Long term : Acceptance. People keep playing. The usual suspects find the next big thing to work themselves into a lather over.

2 Likes

Short term: lots of noise from gankers
Mid term: New kind of player will come to Eve
Long term: ??? who knows …

Short term: The same people pushing hard for this (@Balos and co.), will have an epileptic fit of joy at the annoucment, and hurry on to PVE, Mine, Build alone in their shiny Ravens and Citadels in total safety.

Mid-Term: Those same people will eventually get bored doing the same repetitive ■■■■ day in day out, and quit the game, leaving all the ■■■■ they stirred behind them, just like Nigel Farrage and Boris Johnson did with the Brexit…

They’ll evenutally realise that it’s just a game, and not about playing your own individualistic, quiet and untouchable RL fantasy inside a game, and that it was actually better when people were allowed to actively hunt and nteract with eachother via non-consensual conflict, in all of Eve’s space.

Long Term: Game flops hard into the ground and never gets back up, because no one cares or would care about Eve long enough, because it’s almost a 2 decade old game now, and its mechanics would not attract the same ammount of crowd as it did back in the early 2000’s.

2 Likes

And can run a marathon in under 5 mins

1 Like

short term - the ignorant rejoice.

med term - the ignorant complain.

long term - the ignorant can’t understand what went so wrong.

9 Likes

Honestly, I’m not even sure EVE survives past the next 12 months.

at least make your Doom prediction believable.

Staffing is now at 2007 levels, and bound to drop over the next 12 months. Draw your own conclusions…

Whenever a corporation acquires another there is always staff cuts at the corporation being acquired. Now they will say they only keep the best people, but those best people tend to be the ones at the corporation who had the money.
You don’t need multiple people within a corporation doing certain jobs so they are bound to be cut.

This game need a MOBA 5vs5, 10vs10, lp-stock with a rare modules which u can get only by interact in there, that the way of honest fun pvp, i dont think that a gate/hub suiciding its an osom fun and a real pvp as someone try to show.

Another pointless question posed by the guy who used to pointlessly fly around a grid in Hek.

I’m seeing a pattern…

Since by undocking in a pvp game you consent to pvp, non-consensual pvp in high sec is impossible!

8 Likes

More people mining. (gankers rage)

Resource prices go down. (gankers rage more)

More people willing to try PvP due to lower prices. (gankers run like cowards since they dont like players that fight back)

EvE player base gets larger.

1 Like

Oh come on now, are you not at least a bit amused at the mental gymnastics some posters go through with their answers? :crazy_face:
Or have you seen this so often now (as in the hate mails CODE. gets) that cynicism has set in?

Gate camping and ganking are awesome fun IMHO. I won’t go so far as to say it’s elite PVP though. :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

How about they reduce high sec asteroid belts by 85% and make it so the ONLY thing you can mine in high sec is veldspar. All else has got to be had in low sec.

About as realistic as having an invisible wall you fly through where your guns suddenly stop working every time you cross that line.

2 Likes

#MeToo

1 Like

In that case use citadels to write your message or stay docked.

There just aren’t enough threads on this subject.

1 Like

T1 alpha frigs are already dirt cheap, you don’t fight because you lack spine, not money.

Most people in here don’t understand anything about this beyond the range of their own noses, but i’m sure you knew that already. People thinking ever decreasing price are a good thing, should look up long time consequences of ongoing deflation.